2009 Dodge Journey SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:
I'm pleased
By Tom on 05/22/08 03:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Only local trips, great ride & handling. Like radio controls on back of steering wheel & great sound system. Gotta love all the storage space. Averaging 18+ mpg around town. Taking road trip soon, looking forward to see what mpg will be.

What a Journey
By Chris Hussey on 05/19/08 13:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Journey was the answer to all our questions. We didn't want a minivan, but wanted something with optional seating for 7. Lambdas were too big and too expensive. Love the design. Love the storage options. Fuel economy on a recent trip averaged 24.5, mixed city and highway, and I have the 3.5 V6. Built in booster seats are perfect for our two girls. It has plenty of power when you need it and handles great. Hanling is tight. Love the 19" wheels and the MyGig. Only negative is the huge blind spot, but I bought some spot mirrors and the problem was solved. I recommend everyone give this vehicle a chance. Dodge was right on target with the Journey.

great ride
By imaso001 on 05/15/08 17:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The ride on this suv is amazing. The R/T has a performance suspension and it is well worth getting. The suv hugs the corners and stays steady through out and handles rough roads easily. Has a very quiet ride at high speeds as well. The V6 mated to the 6 speed auto works great together. Don't get the 4 it is underpowered The drive train provides plenty of power and the 6 speed shifts up and down smooth. The third row seat came in handy when my nephews rode to town with us. DVD system kept all 4 kids entertained and the sound quality with the infinity system is excellent. I have had the car for a month now and can find nothing negative to say about it. You can do anything with the MYGIG system

gps
By bob on 05/13/08 09:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Nice fun to drive, how ever the gps need work. $2200. For the mygig is a little high, I have a 250.00 handheld garmin that dose more and is easier to use, plue it lock out some of the functions when your moving.

Best U turn I made!
By Toolman on 05/10/08 19:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the Journey, found by accident while turning around in Dodge dealership. Had a hard time finding Green, Was not able to get features I wanted, still ironing that out with dealership. Almost bought Pontiac Torrent but found it a waste of space. Journey is loaded with space. Only had two weeks and there is a creaking noise when I hit bump from drivers side rear. Excellent handling with 19" tires

Disappointed
By Disappointed on 05/07/08 08:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I test drove this CUV and at 60 mph is ran 2500-3000 rpms in fourth gear. When I gave it some gas it shifted down to 5500 rpm near red line! This car obviously does not have enough higher gears! Why not add a CVT Transmission to the four cylinder engine to make the 4 cylinder engine practical?

Finally a SUV for a realistic price!
By BBall Mom on 04/25/08 12:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased my first SUV yesterday. Previously I had Chrysler Town & Country LXI for 6 years and wanted something sporty but yet roomy enough for my children. Pricing is very reasonable for a SUV type vehicle. I went with the XLT w/o the 3rd row seat. Both versions have plenty of room. I purchased the black with silver chrome wheels very stylish. I am very happy with my purchased!

Near perfect
By Alex on 04/22/08 13:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A great crossover! Love all the storage space and built in coolers! Only trouble so far is the cramped back seat. Average gas mileage for a mid- size crossover

A Journey SE great value for the money!
By Vince &Sara on 04/19/08 08:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased a Journey SE Plus 2.4 L (I believe model specific to Canada) we paid $22,973 for it. We feel a great amount of vehicle for the money. It's safe, roomy, quiet, decent build quality as well as fit and finish. The 2.4 is a little noisy upon acceleration and it's not the fastest vehicle upon take off, BUT it's definitely something we can live with. We drove it around 80 miles the first night we got it home (2 days ago=). We didn't want to get out of it. We find the seats to be supportive, with a great upright seating position,lots of leg and headroom both for front and rear passengers, ease of entry/exit, we like actually LIKE the basic uncomplicated instrumentation.

Great Car for a Low Price
By nywoman77 on 04/18/08 09:11 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Journey for two weeks now. I looked at many other vehicles and found this one to offer all the features I was looking for. It was the best price in it's class. It has fair gas mileage for a vehicle of its size, weight and engine size. I think the space and convenient storage exceed any expectations I had. I can't wait to take it on my first road trip. All in all, it's fun to drive

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Journey Suv in WA is:

$151 per month*