1993 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
I think I'll keep it
By Deida78 on 07/19/06 19:59 PM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Grand Caravan ES 3dr Minivan

Purchased the van from a friend. The brake system had failed, a/c quit, shocks were toast, and transmission shifted into 1st without warning, scary. Brake system was recalled, but still paid a pretty penny, a/c and shocks fixed myself, and the tranny is still the original. The 3.3 liter tranny will drop down into 1st if: the solenoid pack, tranny computer, or even the throttle position sensor are malfunctioning. I replaced all myself, and it works fine. I did take it to a tranny man, and he said from a computer diagnosis, the tranny looks in great shape. Only reservation I have about it, is it has a little hesitation going up steep hills at high speeds (e.g. 70 m.p.h or above.

Functional Utility
By soccercoach on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Grand Caravan ES 3dr Minivan

The 1993 Grand Caravan is is a people, pet, and thing hauler. It does it comfortably, and farily reliably and economically. The Quad Captain Chairs are comfortable and keep the younger occupants separated, the engines is a dependable workhorse, it will not move you real quick but it can get up and go in a pinch. It does have a heavy steering ride but overall this vehicle is a good third car to have for muddy soccer days or when you need to pick up some mulch and carry some young kids and their friends. Get a used one for functionality and the ultimate utility vehicle.