1993 Dodge Grand Caravan ES Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

I think I'll keep it
By Deida78

1993 Dodge Grand Caravan ES 3dr Minivan

Purchased the van from a friend. The brake system had failed, a/c quit, shocks were toast, and transmission shifted into 1st without warning, scary. Brake system was recalled, but still paid a pretty penny, a/c and shocks fixed myself, and the tranny is still the original. The 3.3 liter tranny will drop down into 1st if: the solenoid pack, tranny computer, or even the throttle position sensor are malfunctioning. I replaced all myself, and it works fine. I did take it to a tranny man, and he said from a computer diagnosis, the tranny looks in great shape. Only reservation I have about it, is it has a little hesitation going up steep hills at high speeds (e.g. 70 m.p.h or above.

Favorite Features

Captain chairs upfront, bench in rear, and lots of room. Fairly dependable. Even though I am not a computer in cars fan (and this van is loaded with them, tranny comp, engine, abs comp, etc) It is pretty neat what they can tell you.

Suggested Improvements

A bigger, stronger tranny to handle the weight of the van, and maybe slightly stronger engine to handle the weight. Of course, increase gas mileage.

Functional Utility
By soccercoach

1993 Dodge Grand Caravan ES 3dr Minivan

The 1993 Grand Caravan is is a people, pet, and thing hauler. It does it comfortably, and farily reliably and economically. The Quad Captain Chairs are comfortable and keep the younger occupants separated, the engines is a dependable workhorse, it will not move you real quick but it can get up and go in a pinch. It does have a heavy steering ride but overall this vehicle is a good third car to have for muddy soccer days or when you need to pick up some mulch and carry some young kids and their friends. Get a used one for functionality and the ultimate utility vehicle.

Favorite Features

Quad Seats and Dual A/C.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower better steering.