2009 Dodge Challenger 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Heart throb car!

2009 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Review

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

SRT8 Coupe (6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Heart throb car!
By Dave on

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I knew when I purchased the Challenger SRT8 in Hemi orange that I would get attention but I did not expect so much. It is a social experiment every time I take this car out. Part of the effect is on me as I feel my juices flow every time I take it out. But the bigger laugh is all the comments, thumbs up, and gawkers everywhere I go. I could have bought a car for six figures and it would not have grabbed so much attention as this Challenger does. I have even had the county sherriff deputies following me in their Charger and scoping out my Challenger. The best part is that it is as crazy fast as it looks and that Sherriff Charger would not have stood a chance.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, coolest seats, Power power, and more power. And if you really want even more power, some fairly simple aftermarket mods will push this car well over 500HP.

Suggested Improvements

Turn signal indicators are lame and hard to see. The manual 6 speed tends to want to go into 4th from 1st.