Used 2012 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

Base Hybrid 1-speed Direct Drive - (80 reviews )

Good car - Lousy people
By woodybap

2012 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I am so [non-permissible content removed]! First the damn Volt is dead in my own driveway. Four months old and it goes feet up. No prob, I think, we have Onstar. Onstar tries about 3 times and then tells me that the car has apparently shut down due to some security glitch. The car needs to be towed to a dealership. Numerous calls between me and Roadside Assistance. They tell me that they can provide me with the number of their outfit that arranges loaner vehicles. Turns out that number is to a service that apparently does nothing more than provide the names of local rental car agencies. A glorified phone book, if you will. Heck, I could do better with Google. So the tow truck guy shows up. Has no clue

Better customer service training of personnel

Purchased a used Volt
By tdj1

2012 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I have been driving Hondas and Acuras all my life. With the kids grown, I decided to look for a replacement for my Honda Pilot. I narrowed my choice between a Prius and a Volt. I test drove both. The Volt was more fun to drive and felt like it was built better. I was very surprised. I rarely drive much more than 40 miles a day. I'm VERY happy with my Volt. I spent all day running errands and didn't burn a drop of gas.

Gas savings, driving comfort, performance

Price, backseat room

I love this car
By minyung

2012 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I was a Chevy Suburban guy for the last 16 years until last May when my truck of 8 years needed some major work, I decided to buy the Volt. My gas bill every month went down very substantially in the last 6 months. My average gas bill with the suburban was about $1000 a month ans so far, I have spent about $1000 in the last 6 months. I have driven 17,593 miles since 5/28/2012 of which 8280 miles was EV miles (47% of the total miles). Every day when the Volt take me for a ride, I tried to squeeze out as much miles as I could in a single charge and the most that I was able to squeeze out was 51 miles before the gas kicked in. I just love this car.

volt service issues
By amped1

2012 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I love my volt. Couple of months old. Car is great. The issue is service. Here is a simple issue that the volt team and stingray chevrolet cannot fix. When you use the bluetooth, as the vehicle increases in speed the road noise above 40 mph with windows up etc. makes it impossible for anyone to hear you. The bluetooth can't hear anyone over the road noise in the microphone. It makes it impossible to use. The volt team cannot find a way to fix this issue. If service is an issue for you be wary, they can build a great imaginative vehicle but they can't figure out how to fix even simple problems with the car.

Great car at a great lease! Thanks Obama!
By audi_b

2012 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

What a deal-low lease for this fantastic car and I no longer visit the gas station! Somebody needs to get us off the gas pipeline, why not the government. Thanks to lucrative incentives, I drive this car for less than my former gas bill.

Acceleration is awesome, no gear shifting no noise, just pull right up to the speed limit. Don't go any faster because OnStar knows everything you are doing in this car.

Interior color scheme is really odd. There is white, silver, black, dull silver. The cloth seats are something out of a 1980's econobox.

• SUV