2012 Chevy Volt
By stratoguy on
2012 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)
I purchased this car on May 31, 2012. I have had the car now for almost 13 months and I have only put in gasoline after 12 months and only because it said the gas was going stale so I should add gas. It came with 9.5 gallons (full) and so I only used 7 gallons in one year and over 9500 miles. It is amazing. Because I mostly drive the car optimumly by the computer suggestion of keeping the Turning Earth in the center target, I usually get between 44 and 48 miles per charge which is enough for me to do most of my errands and tasks without running the gas generator most of the time. The cost here in CA for a full charge of electricity to go those 44-48 miles is only $1.50. Amazing.
Favorite Features
Touch screen controls and soft touch sensing buttons. Nice firm seats and great acceleration and sports car ride. I have had a Porche, Corvette, Infiniti, and so many nice luxury and sports cars but I can honestly say this is one of the nicest cars I have had and fun to drive.
Suggested Improvements
Solar panels on the roof to run A/C and keep car cool on the road without using the extra electricity to do that and keep car cool when parked.