2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:
i love it
By BRENDA BYERS on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I BOUGHT MY TRACKER ALMOST NEW ACTUAL MILES WAS 100 OR SO. I HAVE LOVED EVERY MILE PUT ON IT. WHEN MY FAMILY AND I TRAVEL WE ALWAYS TAKE MY TRACKER. IT'S A LITTLE CRAMPED IF OVER 4 TRAVEL. BUT THE GAS MILEAGE IS TERRIFIC, AND IN THIS TIME OF INFLATED GAS PRICES DO I SAVE THE MONEY. I LOVE THE RED COLOR WITH GRAY INTERIOR, I CAN GO FISHING OR TO THE THEATER AND SEEMS TO FIT EACH SITUATION

48,000 complete engine failure
By standed on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

50 miles from home in a 2001 4 Cyc 2.0L 4 door. Purchased less than 2 months ago. The engine fell apart from the inside, cloging the oil pump and totaling the motor.

Average
By julespro on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been very reliable. However, it is very compact. There is no leg space and not much room for cargo. The interior is made with very economical plastic. Not a good car for family travel. The seats are very uncomfortable. But it ran fairly well.

ZR2 is Ok
By TJR on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted something for daily, in-town commute and occasional 4WD for snow days in Michigan. The ZR2 Tracker has been great! I was a Toyota owner, but opted for the Tracker after failing to find a comparably priced RAV. Very reliable; minimal maintenance expenses. Rear end collision repair reasonable and damage resistant. Cons are low end gas mileage, no intermittent rear wiper, and no arm rest. Not bad! And I bought my used as a lease return.

Good to go!
By rich on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this vehicle for 3 years and getting ready to sell, but only because I need a truck. I have not had one problem and is very reliable after 49000 miles. Did great in snow and ice and has pin-point steering. Driver and front passenger seats are confortable, but rear seating is tight, so if you have passengers in the back, you will have to move up in the front which may make you uncomfortable. Lots of noise within the cabin while driving, but these are my only complaints.

Just right for mountains and snow
By SoccerMom3 on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I live in the mountains and drive about 22,000 miles a year, and I've encountered no problems in snow, rain, or heat. It drives well and has never required anything other than routine maintenance.

a pretty good little suv
By gary barber on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I find this to be a dependable, fun to drive, inexpensive suv. It's not world class, but within its price and size range it's a good buy

TRACKER
By shouk on 06/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

When i had first bought this vehicle i had thought wow this is a pretty nice vehicle and enjoyed it. Then after owning it for approx. a year i started having many problems. The check engine light kept coming on, ALL the A/C and Heating elements needed replaced AND my driver side window stopped going up after owning this vehicle for 1 and1/2 years!

Dangerous vehicle
By Todd Peterson on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Terrible on wet roads. Slides easily when attempting to stop. Not a safe vehicle to drive. I'm trading it in out of concern for my family's safety. Unfortunately, in less than 2 years it has depreciated by 50%.

Consider this little SUV
By MikeinMO on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A well engineered little SUV and a lot of fun to drive.It will grow on you.No problems-26 mpg on the freeway and about 23 overall.I got 4wd, but consider the ABS instead.I'd recommend the 4 cyl mated with the manual-save $4,000 and sacrifice towing and smoothness but make it up in fun (adventure) and economy.The 4 door wagon isn't huge, but more storage than a lot of station wagons.If you're looking for a practical and reliable SUV that will actually handle off road situations, you owe it to yourself to consider the Tracker.CR has been down on it despite good reliability an crash test results-it's time for people to recognize the Tracker's strong points given $15,000 price.