Used 2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:

Needs better mileage
By lou

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Live in Michigan and commute 30 miles one way to work everyday. I cannot complain about my little SUV. I have had to replace an engine at about 80,000 miles, but even with a hole in the engine, my little SUV did not leave me stranded. It kept plugging along. I'm not real pleased with the gas mileage. I have to keep it above half a tank or it drinks the gas down something terrible, but then it does have 96,000 miles on it.

4x4 on the fly

If they were going to bring back the Tracker I would suggest they change the way the back door opens. It should open from the right (curbside) instead of the left (traffic side).

I Love It!
By Mary

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used in '03 and have loved it ever since. I have had a few costly problems, but otherwise it runs great and is a blast to drive, easy to park, fun off road. The only problems I have had have been at about 30,000 mile the master switch for the power windows broke, cost of almost $300 to replace, but I found one on Ebay for $10! Also I Just replaced the rear brakes, $700 later. I have 60,000 on it now and plan to keep it for at least another 5 years.

Fun to drive, windows go all the way down in the back.

Higher quality fabric on seats, fog lights factory, tinted windows, arm rests on the seats, center console or more storage compartments

Great Deal
By Kat

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I downgraded from a Dodge Ram, and love our little Tracker. It's a plain model, but its 4WD capabilities are awesome. Since it's so light, it actually outshines many larger 4WDs. Nothing fancy in ours to break such as power windows. CD player and radio work great. Have had to take off heat shield, bolts came undone and it rattled something terrible. We bought it for his commute to work, and the gas mileage is pretty decent! Turning radius is super small, and it zips around everywhere we need to go. I have no worries about our motor; it's the same as a geo prisim, and I know those are spectatular. While it's not a luxury SUV by any means, it is fun, functional, and reliable!

Awesome 4WD. Is a snow eating machine! Gas mileage, functional. Dual airbags. Folding rear seats for more rear storage. (now has 96,000 miles on it, had 88k when we bought it 8 months ago)

None, We have a plain Jane model and I don't have high expectations. It's a mini funtional SUV, not a luxury one and serves its purpose. When we first got it, had to have the ignition replaced because the key would get stuck. Dealer coverd this. No backseat room, but we expected that.

Just Loving It
By Mary

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this litte ZR2 for 3 years now and still Love it. I normaly drive a Manual, but got an Automatic after test driving 3 manuals and they did not seem right. I drive to and from Northern WI a lot, and it travels great. Only a few wierd things have broken, master switch for power windows and locks (Over $250 to replace, but found it on Ebay for $10) and a wierd rattle noise from engine compartment, took dealership a week to replace under warranty. Will keep til it dies.

Price, off road queen, cute!

Gas mileage stinks ($50 to fill tank that lasts 260 miles), Having to remove the skid plate to change oil

My First Tracker
By cgtrumpet

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2001 Chevy Tracker is my very first car. It is reliable and comfortable. It gets great gas mileage and is very efficient. I love driving to school and practice in it since it is just so comfortable. I plan on keeping my Tracker until I graduate from high school, which is in about two years. It is a great car for young, inexperienced drivers.

Power windows, power door locks, 4WD, and lots of head room.

Better, higher quality interior parts.