Used 2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Tracker - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:

I Love It!
By Mary

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used in '03 and have loved it ever since. I have had a few costly problems, but otherwise it runs great and is a blast to drive, easy to park, fun off road. The only problems I have had have been at about 30,000 mile the master switch for the power windows broke, cost of almost $300 to replace, but I found one on Ebay for $10! Also I Just replaced the rear brakes, $700 later. I have 60,000 on it now and plan to keep it for at least another 5 years.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, windows go all the way down in the back.

Suggested Improvements

Higher quality fabric on seats, fog lights factory, tinted windows, arm rests on the seats, center console or more storage compartments

Great Deal
By Kat

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I downgraded from a Dodge Ram, and love our little Tracker. It's a plain model, but its 4WD capabilities are awesome. Since it's so light, it actually outshines many larger 4WDs. Nothing fancy in ours to break such as power windows. CD player and radio work great. Have had to take off heat shield, bolts came undone and it rattled something terrible. We bought it for his commute to work, and the gas mileage is pretty decent! Turning radius is super small, and it zips around everywhere we need to go. I have no worries about our motor; it's the same as a geo prisim, and I know those are spectatular. While it's not a luxury SUV by any means, it is fun, functional, and reliable!

Favorite Features

Awesome 4WD. Is a snow eating machine! Gas mileage, functional. Dual airbags. Folding rear seats for more rear storage. (now has 96,000 miles on it, had 88k when we bought it 8 months ago)

Suggested Improvements

None, We have a plain Jane model and I don't have high expectations. It's a mini funtional SUV, not a luxury one and serves its purpose. When we first got it, had to have the ignition replaced because the key would get stuck. Dealer coverd this. No backseat room, but we expected that.

Just Loving It
By Mary

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this litte ZR2 for 3 years now and still Love it. I normaly drive a Manual, but got an Automatic after test driving 3 manuals and they did not seem right. I drive to and from Northern WI a lot, and it travels great. Only a few wierd things have broken, master switch for power windows and locks (Over $250 to replace, but found it on Ebay for $10) and a wierd rattle noise from engine compartment, took dealership a week to replace under warranty. Will keep til it dies.

Favorite Features

Price, off road queen, cute!

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage stinks ($50 to fill tank that lasts 260 miles), Having to remove the skid plate to change oil

My First Tracker
By cgtrumpet

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2001 Chevy Tracker is my very first car. It is reliable and comfortable. It gets great gas mileage and is very efficient. I love driving to school and practice in it since it is just so comfortable. I plan on keeping my Tracker until I graduate from high school, which is in about two years. It is a great car for young, inexperienced drivers.

Favorite Features

Power windows, power door locks, 4WD, and lots of head room.

Suggested Improvements

Better, higher quality interior parts.

Barbie car
By Dave Bransky

2001 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 2WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this Tracker to be a second hand vehicle, but with the price of gas the Tracker is becoming my main driver. The only problem I have had with this vehicle is that it is on its third heater core, and if it wasnt for the fact that I have bypassed the core, I would probably be on my tenth. Dealer has no reason for this problem, but has paid for all the heater cores that have been installed.

Favorite Features

Just a fun vehicle

Suggested Improvements

Top is a pain to take down and put up.