2009 Chevrolet Malibu 2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Not 'all that'

2009 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

LT1 Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Not 'all that'
By Jamie on

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was dazzled by the shiny wheel covers when the salesman whipped it around the lot, and was tired of shopping for cars so I decided to buy it. The performance is okay, and as stated before,the car is nice to look at, the factory stereo sounds okay, and the car is a smooth ride. I had heard about the cheap plastic on the interior, but didn't realize how CHEAP it is. It scratches very easily. Also, the front window scratches easily too. The right front headlamp gets condensation behind the lens, and there is a rattle in the dash that happens when the gas is applied. The windows are too 'skinny', reducing visibility greatly. Yes, the trunk opening is too small. Paint is blotchy in spots.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the stereo sound,and the onstar is convenient. I like the 'info' button on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Engine is loud, trunk is narrow,fuel efficiency is not as advertised. This car is still, sadly, obviously American made, despite attempts to improve quality. I am going to trade it in a couple of years, and will not get another Chevrolet.