2009 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
LT 2.4 auto
By monkfarm on 10/30/11 08:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my HHR 2.4 LT at 8100 miles. I am a spirited driver. The suspension is antiquated. Look under the rear and discover the solid axle. (I have had 3 bmws). That said, the car starts well and is dependable, and is a good solid car for hauling my wife and 4 dogs. (the back seat folds down.) There is not enough storage in the front and the front corner of the dash tends to bother my knee on long trips. The drivers seat isn't bad, but could be improved. The dimmer switch seems to make the headlights disappear for a microsecond which is irritating. The torque steer when you really stomp on it is pronounced. This car is pretty good on long trips and doesn't handle badly. I enjoy it

By 1badstroker on 08/07/11 09:29 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 2009 HHr in 4/10 and it has had more problems that all my cars I owned in 40 plus years. The pass. side power windows quit after about 4 weeks of ownership and the drivers side front and rear floors were wet. This water caused the wires to corrode and the ecm to go out which caused the windows to get no power. The dealer fixed this under good will. Then after that the dealer fixed another short and then after a time the key would not come out of the ignition. The dealer replaced the shifter and the ignition switch and that has corrected the problem. Since then I had to replace the battery and front brakes. All good now.

Not looking forward to warranty running out
By b0ds on 05/26/11 00:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I purchased this car new back in '09. It's good on gas and not too bad for road trips. A taller person like myself might find themselves hunched over to see out the windshield though. The ignition went bad within the first year. One day we just couldn't turn the car off, the ignition had locked up and you couldnt turn the key to shut it off. Had to pull the fuel pump fuse to kill the car. We've had to have the brake rotors and pads replaced a couple times. Most recently we had to replace a leaking front strut. All this before the car reached 27k miles. Havnt had to pay for repairs, but the warranty ends soon. I would not purchase another one.

'great' little car
By p on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I really, really like this car! Fun to drive, got it with 14500 K miles and still in warranty with all the bells and whistles. Won't say I love it cause it is just a material object but really, really like it. So far no problems with anything. MPG would be great if I didn't have a lead foot, but that is what the cruise if for! I would recommend it to others.

Love my HHR
By lardeawit on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is the first new chevrolet I have purchased I got hooked on the HHR when I rented one while my Toyota was in the shop. When I got my toyota back from the shop I went down to the Chevrolet dealer and traded it in on my HHR. Up until now I have always owned a Toyota. I get 25 mpg city and 31 highway.

What a Blast!
By Tim on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car, used from a dealer about 2 hrs from my home. It was the closest HHR with all the things I wanted in it. It has been Great since day 1. I drive from NC to NY every 2 weeks for work and it is a pleasure to drive.I get about 28-29 mpg while cruising at about 75 mph.My dog rides in the back and is very comfortable or so he says.It gets a lot of looks but more often than not, people don't know what kind of car it is.I think that's changing because I see a lot more of them on the road these days.I know mine will be on I-95 for a long time to come.

Fun to drive, it's a gas
By Linda on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

We couldn't be happier with our HHR. Great fun to drive and it looks wonderful. I would recommend it to anyone. It's the perfect "dog" car. One of our friends told us that and he was right. We have 2 rescued greyhounds and it is perfect for them. They have plenty of room with the back seats down. We did not have to give up the fuel economy for the extra room we needed. It is a perfect fit for us!

Don't Buy From Hare Chevrolet Indiana
By rustychevy on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

We have a 2008 HHR that has rust at the bottom of the doors. The dealership Hare Chevrolet refuses to do anything about it and accused me of wrongdoing on my part. Like the car but, don't like the dealership. Again the dealership is Hare Chevrolet Noblesville, Indiana

Bad Brakes
By Bobnur on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Great car, fun to drive, bad rotors, it is like the last four cobolts I have owned, brakes vibrate due to rotors, they said don't use them going down hill ?

Zippy
By 4Ransom on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my HHR LT in August of 2010. When I saw it on the lot I didn't give it a 2nd look, but after test driving it, it was a fun car to drive. I've had it about a month and have found it to be a roomy, zippy, fun car to drive. I never would've seen myself in an HHR, but I really like it.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet HHR in VA is:

$124 per month*