2008 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
Awesome car with soul
By bubbak on 08/01/08 19:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Was looking for a fun, practical vehicle to pick up after dumping a boring mini van. The HHR is awesome. Old School styling with soul, modern but comfortable interior. Right on the money for a small family. We took delivery of our hhr just a couple of hours before taking a beach trip. It was so cool loading up the vehicle with all of our stuff and seeing it actually fit. Perfect mix of people room vs. cargo room. Quiet, solid ride. Average about 27 miles right now. Tough but still low-pro design. Chevy knocked the cover off the ball with this one.

Good enough to get two!
By Chuck on 07/28/08 10:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

First impression of the looks was that Chevy was just copying Chrysler, but after taking a test drive, I was hooked. I've had it now for 7 months and taken two long distant trips with it (avg 31 MPG AT aprox 75mph). It has a very quiet ride inside. I installed a hitch on mine for a utility trailer (which works great). The wife and I liked it so much I traded the wife's car for a second HHR in June 08! Now we both have one! I don't think anyone can go wrong buying one of these. Even with the entry level model, they pack a lot value and usability into this vehicle for the price range it is in. So go buy one, heck, buy two! You'll love it!

What a car! Wow
By Richard on 07/27/08 17:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a great car, style, looks, fun. I am a senior who has owned many cars including a 54 Vette, SS396, Mercedes, etc. The HHR SS is a fun car with great mileage and the best thing- It's a Chevy. I am amazed at how well it handles, moves on cue and turns heads. Welcome back GM. Keep making cars like this. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Still too new
By Dave Henry on 07/25/08 12:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Only have about 2000 miles so far, but that includes a couple of nice road trips. The first trip was all 2- lane roads of wildly varying altitudes, and lots of corners. The car is very confidence inspiring, with excellent grip, and crisp steering response. I was a bit surprised at this, due to the electric power steering, but hey, it's just my opinion. Maybe the only handling negative is the amount of corner lean when pressing, but considering the car's mission in life, not at all surprising. Averaged about 24.5 mpg in fairly brisk driving. The second trip was 90% freeway, using cruise control.I averaged 28.5 mpg over two tanks with average speeds of 75 mph.

Spunky ride!
By orriginal on 07/23/08 13:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is the perfect combination of practicality and sporty fun! I've only had my new HHR (LT Special Edition) for a couple of days, so I'm not able to rate the reliability or fuel economy yet. So far, so good! I love the retro styling - very spunky! Even my style-conscious 20 year old daughter approves! My HHR is very quiet and has a smooth ride. I'm impressed with the roomy seating areas, as well as the cargo space! It's an added bonus that there are two height options for the cargo 'floor'. The seating is very comfortable; lots of headroom, even with the sunroof! Very enjoyable and fun to drive. I compared a lot of vehicles - the HHR gives the most for the money!

Fun, looks cool, but hard to see out
By Brian on 07/20/08 08:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this because it looks good, got good gas mileage, had enough power, and still had some room for gear. The 2k rebate then sealed the deal. This is a nice car and I am glad I bought it! (But Chevy could have done a much better job with the poor front window vision, tiny glove box, few cup holders and better emergency brake placement

The best little red wagon yet
By jimbo on 07/07/08 08:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned and I have had all kinds. It beats the Honda and Toyota. I feel great about buying an American car. People need to look and drive the HHR and they will see how great they are. After having it a month I like even better now. What a great all round vehicle. Price, gas mileage, room, smooth ride, power, handling. You have it all here. Thanks Chevy.

Most fun to drive
By nightcreacher on 07/06/08 06:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Next to my Trams Am, this is the coolest car that I have ever purchased. It's by no means a race car, but it's exciting to drive. It handles well, looks good, and is just a fun automobile

Fun Car!
By Roger Sinden on 07/04/08 19:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We bought this for my wife's birthday. We looked at a Saturn Sky, but the HHR is more her style. This thing can run fast, corners like a sports car, rides well, has lots of nice amenities. Will do another review after 10,000 miles. We are getting an average 28.8 mpg with mixed driving. She loves it. So do I. Comfortable for four adults. Only downer so far is the cup holders are inconvenient. We have put about 580 miles on the car, it is so fun to drive it is hard to leave this car home.

Price Performance Unexcelled
By Coveman on 07/02/08 15:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Had three objectives in the purchase. 1) better gas mileage than my Escalade 2) Towable behind my motor home 3) Comfortable when hauling my grandchildren and cargo The HHR had it all and for a price I could not beat. The warranty will ensure good service on major items. Interior is adequate for me. Fun to drive and since I am not a NASCAR driver wannabe the negatives the professionals give it do not matter. It drives great! I feel safe and secure and the OnStar is a huge plus for my family.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.