Used 2008 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Hhr - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet HHR

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

little white ice cream truck
By SikesPros

2008 Chevrolet HHR Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

drives excellent,tires keep going low,nice quiet smooth ride...easy handling..nice stock stereo,cmfo seats,adjustable armrest.

Favorite Features

stereo ,dash styling,adjustable seats,,onstar...auto design...YOU GO GM !!!

Suggested Improvements

Darker tint in panel models,for security reasons.Rear upper bumper guards. Total vehicle lift,panel model...more cupholders in front and rear...maybe push popouts.more opening range for all panel models DOORS.

Fun Fun Fun
By nick6222

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my HHR with 34000 miles on it the only problem i have had is the a/c it makes a funny noise when on but other than that it is great.

Favorite Features

keyless entry, cargo room, and remote start!

Suggested Improvements

More cupholders and move the location of the power window switches.

family second driver
By mr.m

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased used hhr as second vehicle for the family. So far we are enjoying it. Have spent some money on performance upgrades and a set of wheels (had to get rid of those ugly hub caps) now my son doesn't call it lame looking any more. Could use some help in the interior though. Needs the center arm rests located a little higher so you can place a cup in the holder without having to raise the arm rest and it would also make it a little more comfortable. Please keep up the good work in the design of cool looking little economy cars. Not those lame looking hybribs (prius) that the competition makes.

Cute and eyecatching, easy to drive...
By HHRFan

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My 2008 HHR LS is an eye catcher in "orange". Black interior is neat, stays clean looking longer than lighter colors. All controls super easy to use, air, radio, windows, etc.. Fuel economy not as good as advertised but okay. The 2.2 engine is fine around the city but you have to stomp the gas pedal when pulling on to the highway, that is a disappointment, would have liked the larger engine, we learn from our mistakes. Large, easy open tailgate, storage area a big plus, so easy to load and unload. Cabin is pretty quiet, as is the engine..so far...we live in hope. All in all, I do like the vehicle, would recommend for the price, but go to GOOD dealer, don't get ripped off as I did!

Favorite Features

Easy lock/unlock doors with key fob, easy open rear cargo door and cargo area, automatic lights on and off, key fob engine start, "panic" feature on key fob, adequate air condition/heat vents that can be moved to any position.

Suggested Improvements

Larger engine on all models, more padding on front seats, more electric controls on driver's seat,i.e. to raise seat UP for short people, raise vehicle slightly to avoid high front parking curbs, auto/inside rear cargo door open and raise on all models.

It's a personal choice
By elmoresblues

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

For me, this was a great buy. Sure, I could have bought a much better car, but not at anywhere near this price (2008 used , 11k miles, under $12g). I have a bad lower back but I can adjust the driver's seat so that I'm comfortable for hours. Mileage is good. Gauge placement is excellent (in my previous sedan, no matter how I adjusted the steering wheel, I couldn't see the speedometer). MP3 connection is a lifesaver on long trips. Visibility could be better. Only 3 cup holders, but I have 5 kids I can't encourage drinking in the car. I also can't encourage them leaving their belongings, so I enjoy the absence of a storage console. And when I'm alone, I can enjoy a quiet ride.

Favorite Features

Roominess, economy, design, quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

Improve visibility, speaker placement, interior materials