Used 2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Awesome car with soul
By bubbak

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Was looking for a fun, practical vehicle to pick up after dumping a boring mini van. The HHR is awesome. Old School styling with soul, modern but comfortable interior. Right on the money for a small family. We took delivery of our hhr just a couple of hours before taking a beach trip. It was so cool loading up the vehicle with all of our stuff and seeing it actually fit. Perfect mix of people room vs. cargo room. Quiet, solid ride. Average about 27 miles right now. Tough but still low-pro design. Chevy knocked the cover off the ball with this one.

Cargo room, people room, fun to drive, gas mileage, styling, aux input jack for mp3 player. Solid quiet feel, remote start is awesome. I can start this car up from inside my office

Put some type of console or tray up front instead of the armrests. They get in the way of cupholders.

Good enough to get two!
By Chuck

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

First impression of the looks was that Chevy was just copying Chrysler, but after taking a test drive, I was hooked. I've had it now for 7 months and taken two long distant trips with it (avg 31 MPG AT aprox 75mph). It has a very quiet ride inside. I installed a hitch on mine for a utility trailer (which works great). The wife and I liked it so much I traded the wife's car for a second HHR in June 08! Now we both have one! I don't think anyone can go wrong buying one of these. Even with the entry level model, they pack a lot value and usability into this vehicle for the price range it is in. So go buy one, heck, buy two! You'll love it!

Quiet ride, sound system, head room. Storage room with seats folded down. MPG highway. All the standard gizmos on base LS model, floor mats included. Styling inside and out. Overall value for the dollar is great, and fun to drive too!

Window controls take time to get used to and should be mounted on the doors. Cup holders aren't bad, but with armrests down, difficult to use.

Spunky ride!
By orriginal

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is the perfect combination of practicality and sporty fun! I've only had my new HHR (LT Special Edition) for a couple of days, so I'm not able to rate the reliability or fuel economy yet. So far, so good! I love the retro styling - very spunky! Even my style-conscious 20 year old daughter approves! My HHR is very quiet and has a smooth ride. I'm impressed with the roomy seating areas, as well as the cargo space! It's an added bonus that there are two height options for the cargo 'floor'. The seating is very comfortable; lots of headroom, even with the sunroof! Very enjoyable and fun to drive. I compared a lot of vehicles - the HHR gives the most for the money!

The OnStar and driver information center are great bonuses; also like the extra glovebox. Good stereo system sound, tinted windows are easy to see through from inside, but provide privacy from outside. Seats are comfortable; love the driver's side adjustable lumbar support and fold-down seats.

Would prefer a center console instead of the front armrests - this would feel more sturdy and would provide extra storage, as the glove boxes are small. Visibility is hampered when the driver's side visor is being used for the front window.

Fun, looks cool, but hard to see out
By Brian

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this because it looks good, got good gas mileage, had enough power, and still had some room for gear. The 2k rebate then sealed the deal. This is a nice car and I am glad I bought it! (But Chevy could have done a much better job with the poor front window vision, tiny glove box, few cup holders and better emergency brake placement

Pros: good mileage, nice info center with avg mpg, instant mpg, avg speed, tire presure, nice sound

Cons: Hard to see stop lights, a couple inches more of front window glass would really help! Tiny glove box barely holds owners manual, but extra storage in dash helps. Very awkward cupholders, and only 3 for a 5 passenger car. Move emergency brake from between the seats for center console.

The best little red wagon yet
By jimbo

2008 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned and I have had all kinds. It beats the Honda and Toyota. I feel great about buying an American car. People need to look and drive the HHR and they will see how great they are. After having it a month I like even better now. What a great all round vehicle. Price, gas mileage, room, smooth ride, power, handling. You have it all here. Thanks Chevy.

I like all of them