2005 Chevrolet Equinox 3.4L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Two thumbs waaay UP!!!

2005 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Review

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

LT 4dr SUV (3.4L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Two thumbs waaay UP!!!
By UCR highlander on

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This compact SUV is simply amazing. It rides more like a car than a SUV, and the fuel economy is actually quite good- much more akin to a sedan. The interior is well planned, and the rear seats and storage area are the best I've seen from any make (Honda, Toyota, Ford were cross-shopped). This is a great vehicle for families , or for those that love hauling friends around (like me).

Favorite Features

The interior is very nice, one of the best in its class that I observed (Rav- 4, CR-V, Element, Escape compared). The back seat slides WAY back for my tall buddies. The exterior is very appealing. It's not quite an SUV but not entirely wagon-esque... very unique.

Suggested Improvements

I would hope for a maual option and a better engine to be offered soon. GM has a "HF" V6 (High feature) that has 240hp, and I'd gladly pay more for that engine as an option (Maybe even an SS model- please!). I'd trade my current Equin0x in for a SS model if it came out.