2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Review: More than meets mediocre expec

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Review

More than meets mediocre expectations
By jackstraw93 on

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The most common complaint everybody has is that there is a problem with the transmission. After test driving dozens of cars in this class and finally buying this one I can say the computer operated transmission is STRANGE but youll have the same problems on all other cars with the ctv transmission. That being said I so far love the car. It is very comfortable in the front seats, and for the price crams alot more technology into it than any other car ive seen in its class. Very quite ride, very smooth ride, and while it's not "Fun" to drive, (I do miss my truck with it's RWD and tire smoking fun) its VERY plesent, very quiet, very very smooth, great on gas if you aren't driving like an idiot

Driver comfort, very smooth ride, very quiet ride, a lot of bells and whistles BUT they aren't tacky or cheap, and aren't in your face. **Also very impressive turning radius, while test driving they showed me you can turn 360 degrees in about the area of 2 parking spaces, a pretty neat feature that I have yet to see any body else mention**

Do something with the transmission, it can be jerky and slow to respond. It's not broken, its not crappy, its overly technical and computorized for its own good and is a problem that plagues all cars with it, not just the cruze. the Sentra I found to be even worse as far as delays in engine response. A little more power would also be nice, as well as Rear Seat Leg room. its tight back there.