Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Excellent transportation
By Peter Creary

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Fun car to drive. Very guiet inside. In my opinion manual transmission is the way to go. Drove Las Vegas to Boston on a three week trip and return very comfortable. I'm 6ft. tall.

Cruze Not Clutch
By m7silvestri

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my Cruze new used from a Chevy dealer with around 24,000 miles on it. it was about a year old when I got it. It now has 47,000 and it needs a new clutch. I thought it was bazaar until I did some research on the lifespan of the Cruze's clutch. I found out that my clutch lasted longer then a lot of other people. When I took it to the dealer where I got it from (because it is still under warranty) it was $1600. Judging by the way, the speed, and the confidence of the answer, it is a very safe assumption that the model wears down the clutch fast. The model has only been around since 2011. The car is fun to drive, is nimble, and saves on gas. Only if I knew sooner.

more durable clutch or a more heavy duty clutch

Not one regret
By maxzillian

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car three weeks ago, used with 17,500 miles. I have since logged over 500 miles of mixed driving and so far my experience has been extremely positive. With mixed driving of 70% highway and doing one autocross event, the car still managed 35 mpg. Color me impressed! Handling is crisp and firm, reminding me of cars I've driven while in Europe. Even at 6'4", I find this compact car to be comfortable to drive, but rear seat space is lacking... it is a compact car after all. I find the 7-8 mpg gain over the typical midsize was worth sacrificing a little comfort for what few passengers I carry. Long story short, it's an economical car without the economy feeling.

Crisp and firm handling without being harsh. Adequate power for what the car is for. Good sounding audio system with iPod compatibility. A nice open engine bay that should be easy to work around when the time comes to perform my own repairs. Spacious trunk. Crisp feeling manual transmission. Zero backlash steering that makes the car respond instantly to inputs. I took the car autocrossing and was extremely impressed with how well it did.

I feel that the throttle response is too slow for a manual car. There is typically around 1/4 to 1/2 second of lag between stabbing the throttle and the engine responding that makes it difficult to upshift and downshift smoothly. I suspect it'd be barely perceptible in an automatic car. I also find the lack of a spare tire to be a bit ridiculous. I'd rather sacrifice a couple mpg in the city than have to rely on a tow to get home if my luck runs out and I rupture a tire. The B pillar sits too far forward for me and makes it difficult to reach out with my left arm to grab some fast food. The under tray recall is a hack job. I prefer to just power wash my engine bay to clean up any spilt oil.

16 month 26k review- still VERY happy
By matheson1977

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Car continues to impress me. Well built, dependable, and im getting 35mpg average in my hilly terrain. It still feels like a more expensive car. No regrets trading my lemon 07 Camry for the Cruze. I would without a doubt recomend the Cruze.

Smart, well designed interior, classy styling, fuel economy, reliability and build quality, quiet ride.

More off line power would be nice, i would also like to have the 5 door version they get overseas.

ECO M/T STAY AWAY! ---- Bad GM cust. service!
By cruzect11

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I got my 2011 cruze eco just over 2 months ago after having a cruze lt auto as a rental which was great! But now with my eco since day one if you have the ac on and you put it in first gear and give it some gas the car shuts off yes totally dies! Been almost hit tons of times pulling out places and sitting in traffic. The car sat at the dealer for over a month after they so called cant find anything wrong with it i get it back and it dies that day. Long story short this isnt the only cruze eco with the problem and chevy will not stand behind their product! The car is nice and rides good but thats when it runs. Stay far away from the eco! Anyone looking at any GM product cust service is BAD!

Stand behind their product. Consumers do your homework on this car. Lots of used ones for sale cause of problems!

• SUV