2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
My Cruze experience
By ctryan1 on 04/22/13 16:55 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently purchased a used Chevy Cruze. A friend had purchased one brand new a few weeks earlier and he said he loved it. Well I am feeling the same way about ours. We purchased a used 2011 2LT with leather and it is great. Rides nice, feels solid and gets great gas mileage.

Not Impressed
By sepilyons on 04/04/13 10:13 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I thought I had spent pleanty of time researching vehicles before purchasing (1 year) apparently not. Bought the car in Aug 2012 with about 20K miles on it, there are now about 34K on it, and I'm now beggining to notice strange noises. When the car is turned on and not moving the hood seems to vibrate very loud, and after about 10 min of running it sounds like it's going to die. Also there is now a thump type noise under my feet similar to a ball rolling around when I break or accelerate. I know all cars have issues but I guess I didn't expect problems in under a year or ownership. Now I'm stuck in a car for the next 6 years that I'm not 100% happy with! Kinda sucks!

Antifreeze smell and taste
By shadowhawk1 on 05/16/12 11:02 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I loved the test drive! After 14k miles I still love the way it handles. Shifting is so, so. but passable. MAIN Problem - Car reaches full operating temp, if you I use defrost setting Antifreeze smell gets pumped in through the vents. I have to drive with the windows down. I get sick to my stomach and Dizzy & after 1 hour commute I can taste antifreeze in my mouth.. The dealer has seen the car 4 times and had it out of service for 35 days. GM is aware of the issue...says there is no fix. fyi- ingesting antifreeze causes Kidney failure, birthdefects, blindness and centreal nerveous system damage. car is not safe to drive right now.

Should have went to Toyota
By rjcruzedriver on 01/10/12 16:36 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the worst car I have ever owned. 2 days after buying the car new, the windshield cracked along the top and the roof and electronics all flooded. Three weeks past and the car refussed to go into gear and almost caused use to get side swiped. After being treated like a lower life form by the dealer ship and General Motors, we were forced to drive this car. Recently the pile of Cruze failed to shift into gear which caused us to roll back into oncoming traffic and was involved in an accident. This is the last GM product I will ever own, and I hope that Chevy stops getting bailed out. Government Motors, I should have known better.

Six month update
By katydid1 on 11/23/11 22:06 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I previously wrote a review on my Cruze Eco over 5 months ago after having it for two weeks. Well, it's been six months now and I am still really happy with it and I am now averaging 34.5mpg between half highway and half city driving. I did drive over 500 miles each way to Ohio and it performed well and was very comfortable too. I am also very proud to own a Lordstown-made Cruze as I grew up very close to there and know that it was made well by good local UAW workers.

1st American car since 1994
By colosteve on 08/12/11 17:24 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Was a loyal GM guy, but had some issues and bought foreign vehicles for a long time. This Cruze was what brought me back. We were looking to improve MPG and traded my truck for it. Test drove lots of other cars and came back the the Cruze. Chevy really seems to have hit a home run this time. The car is mostly driven by the wife (she loves it), we were both impressed on the test drive...when for a second and took it home. Style, comfort and economy were what we were looking for and this beat the competition hands down. A lot of bang for the buck. Leather, On Star, back-up sensors, remots start all for $23K. You did good GM...maybe I'm back as a loyal GM guy again?

Disappointing MPG
By vgehts on 06/30/11 11:48 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The onboard computer doesn't calculate MPG correctly. Based on records I've been keeping for the past five fill ups I am getting on average 2.5 MPG less than what the computer tells me. Each fill up is pretty much in that same 2.5 MPG ballpark. So instead of getting 32 MPG on 90% highway driving and 10% city, I'm really only getting 29.5 MPG.

Very, very poor gas mileage.
By disatisifiedd on 04/26/11 12:10 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car because of the gas mileage.and that it was the best value around. I have never got over 21 miles per gallon, and have also only gone only 255 miles on a full tank of gas. Very disappointing with the price of gas today. I also know that driving differs with each person, but at least 1/2 of my driving is on the highway (60 mph), and that I recently gave my old Elantra to my son (at 100,000 miles still gets about 30+ miles per gallon. The car is also sluggish, does not drive like a new car.

Great buy
By cyber_soldier on 04/14/11 08:22 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've driven my new Cruze about 2,000 miles, and so far, it's been my favorite car to drive. The handling is responsive, and it corners well. I'm getting an average of 28 mpg driving in the city with a/c on. While returning from a trip to San Antonio I got 37 mpg with the a/c off staying at 70 mph. Once the turbo kicks in, it has plenty of acceleration. Great commuting to work car; although with this car, I actually enjoy driving anywhere.

Disappointed reliability
By golfer60 on 04/08/11 10:41 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought my Cruze last October. Always buy American so I gave GM a chance. Overall rate in most category is fine. Not too crazy about reliability. I have 5000 miles on it. At 2000 miles the thermostat stuck open. No inventory at dealer so I got a rental for three days. Yesterday, at 5000 miles, couldn't open the driver's door from outside. This took 1 hour to fix at dealer. Have to say the dealer is trying hard to please the consumer. Overall gas mileage is 31, highway mileage is 33, kind of disappointing. Will buy a Ford next time since my '06 Mercury Milan is running great with 75000 miles, still with original brakes.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze in VA is:

$134 per month*