Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

My Cruze experience
By ctryan1

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently purchased a used Chevy Cruze. A friend had purchased one brand new a few weeks earlier and he said he loved it. Well I am feeling the same way about ours. We purchased a used 2011 2LT with leather and it is great. Rides nice, feels solid and gets great gas mileage.

Not Impressed
By sepilyons

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I thought I had spent pleanty of time researching vehicles before purchasing (1 year) apparently not. Bought the car in Aug 2012 with about 20K miles on it, there are now about 34K on it, and I'm now beggining to notice strange noises. When the car is turned on and not moving the hood seems to vibrate very loud, and after about 10 min of running it sounds like it's going to die. Also there is now a thump type noise under my feet similar to a ball rolling around when I break or accelerate. I know all cars have issues but I guess I didn't expect problems in under a year or ownership. Now I'm stuck in a car for the next 6 years that I'm not 100% happy with! Kinda sucks!

I do however like the way the car looks, it's sporty for a 4 door, but doesn't drive very sporty. I thought with turbo it would feel like I wasn't driving a 4 cylinder but it shifts hard and doesn't have much get up and go (for a turbo). I also like the fact that the extended warrently was very cheap and bumper to bumper, I'm very glad I purchased that now with the start of some problems! The diver seat is very comfortable but the passenger seat is not at all, it sits much higher then the driver seat and I can't seem to figure out how to get it down! I love the leather seats, nice feature, what I didn't realize is how small the backseat is, Kids in carseats, doesn't work!

Overall I don't hate it, but I'm not impressed and probably will never buy another GM vehicle again. I'm a Dodge girl and should have stuck with Dodge!!!

Antifreeze smell and taste
By shadowhawk1

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I loved the test drive! After 14k miles I still love the way it handles. Shifting is so, so. but passable. MAIN Problem - Car reaches full operating temp, if you I use defrost setting Antifreeze smell gets pumped in through the vents. I have to drive with the windows down. I get sick to my stomach and Dizzy & after 1 hour commute I can taste antifreeze in my mouth.. The dealer has seen the car 4 times and had it out of service for 35 days. GM is aware of the issue...says there is no fix. fyi- ingesting antifreeze causes Kidney failure, birthdefects, blindness and centreal nerveous system damage. car is not safe to drive right now.

RS Package, Pioneer Audio system, drivability.

1. find a fix for the Antifreeze issue! FYI- google seach returns hundreds of cars with the same issue. GM has no fix. 2. fix the so so shifting on the transmission.

Should have went to Toyota
By rjcruzedriver

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the worst car I have ever owned. 2 days after buying the car new, the windshield cracked along the top and the roof and electronics all flooded. Three weeks past and the car refussed to go into gear and almost caused use to get side swiped. After being treated like a lower life form by the dealer ship and General Motors, we were forced to drive this car. Recently the pile of Cruze failed to shift into gear which caused us to roll back into oncoming traffic and was involved in an accident. This is the last GM product I will ever own, and I hope that Chevy stops getting bailed out. Government Motors, I should have known better.

none

Go out of business.

Six month update
By katydid1

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I previously wrote a review on my Cruze Eco over 5 months ago after having it for two weeks. Well, it's been six months now and I am still really happy with it and I am now averaging 34.5mpg between half highway and half city driving. I did drive over 500 miles each way to Ohio and it performed well and was very comfortable too. I am also very proud to own a Lordstown-made Cruze as I grew up very close to there and know that it was made well by good local UAW workers.