Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Cruze

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Poor Quality
By Patty Chaffee Herr

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had to replace the air compressor at 3000 miles, The entire backseat upholstery tore loose and had to be restrung, It stopped running at 40000 miles, just after my warranty was out. I had to replace a sensor. My car turned over to 54000 and the water pump went out. Now it has 54500 and the check engine light is back on for who knows what. Tried to trade it in and I am negative about $4000, This car is a joke and I wish I had never bought it !!!So dissatisfied. This is only a disposable little car which doesn't last until it is even paid for.

Death Trap
By trivera21

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I thought I found a great gently used deal and it turned out to be an absolute lemon. Thermostat housing unit, switch pump valve, hoses, oxygen sensors, spark plugs, ignition coil...you name it, I had to replace it. Engine overheating, check engine light constantly being on, never being able to use the automatic start...This car isn't worth the $300/month payments. I could care less about the gas mileage it gets me, because I'm having to put hundreds into keeping it running. Recall after recall and now brake issues? No thanks. Stay far away. I'm trading this puppy in for a jeep.

Suggested Improvements

Chevrolet needs to take their time when creating vehicles and maybe then they won't have 10-20 recalls on one single vehicle.

Great Little Car
By flrfselscrs

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Cruze new in August 2011 and have driven it 53,000 miles. So far there have been no maintenance issues. I've only had to change the oil every 7000 miles or so, and replace the tires, which are inexpensive. In addition to costing me very little, the car's performance meets my needs. On the highway, I get 32-37 MPG, but my overall average is 27.5. It has performed admirably in all weather conditions (including heavy snow with a set of winter tires) and even on an autocross course. The car's tiny turbo is a must for me; it's not terrifying to accelerate onto the highway in a Cruze like it has been in other small cars I've driven. Overall, I love this little car.

Favorite Features

low cost maintenance, comfortable interior, huge trunk

Suggested Improvements

awkwardly placed cup holder, loud a/c

My third & final review
By tat1739

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I now am looking forward to selling my Cruze. Tomorrow I will be back in the garage for a third transmission leak issue. In addition to a water pump recall and an additional leak, and a radiator leak, and a recall on brakes, and a loose motor mount, I am officially done with this car. I remain satisfied with the interior, but feel that the exterior is looking 'dated' with new car styles coming out. It does still get 40 mpg, when I drive on cruise, within the speed limit, on flat hwys and without cargo or passengers. Otherwise, expect 27-32 mpg. As a former Civic owner of 10 years without even one single issue, the car does not impress.

Favorite Features

Dash remains impressive. Turbo charge on the 4 cylinder is a must-have; the engine will respond on sudden demands of speed. Auto start is another must have in the winter; this engine HATES cold weather!!! (My Civic, on the contrary, didn't care - it was always ready to go.) Blue tooth and bumper sensors are appreciated and should be mandatory on all cars.

Suggested Improvements

The armrest remains annoying; simply put, it is too small and short. I am 5'5" and drive with my seat far back and my legs & arms fully extended - and even then, my elbow will not reach. With all the engine issues, the car is fully unreliable to me at this point. If not for this, it would be a good commuter car or round-the-town car. With cargo or even one additional passenger, the engine loses gumption; shifting becomes pronounced and labored.

2011 1LT Cruze is a GREAT Little Car
By dwalsh2

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have now had this car for just over two years and almost 21K miles. I have never had a car that I enjoyed as much. When I first purchased it, there were lots of little "back to the dealer" fixes, but they were all corrected. I am pleased with the mpg, though I know foreign cars of similar size typically get better. I drive a combination of city and highway and typically get about 29 to 29 mpg. I do not feel like I am driving a small car. Recently, I had a rear-ender in which the other driver slammed into me at a pretty good clip. The trunk lid was damaged and the bumper was, but it wasn't very obvious. I was able to drive away, while the other driver was not.

Favorite Features

Quiet, smooth and doesn't feel like a small car. Rear backup alarm. Seat warmers, seat comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Blind spots especially on the driver side could be improved. Arm rest needs to be extendable so that it is usable. Garage door opener in this model would be nice.