2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

2011 Cruze Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Death Trap
By trivera21

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I thought I found a great gently used deal and it turned out to be an absolute lemon. Thermostat housing unit, switch pump valve, hoses, oxygen sensors, spark plugs, ignition coil...you name it, I had to replace it. Engine overheating, check engine light constantly being on, never being able to use the automatic start...This car isn't worth the $300/month payments. I could care less about the gas mileage it gets me, because I'm having to put hundreds into keeping it running. Recall after recall and now brake issues? No thanks. Stay far away. I'm trading this puppy in for a jeep.

Suggested Improvements

Chevrolet needs to take their time when creating vehicles and maybe then they won't have 10-20 recalls on one single vehicle.

Great Little Car
By flrfselscrs

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Cruze new in August 2011 and have driven it 53,000 miles. So far there have been no maintenance issues. I've only had to change the oil every 7000 miles or so, and replace the tires, which are inexpensive. In addition to costing me very little, the car's performance meets my needs. On the highway, I get 32-37 MPG, but my overall average is 27.5. It has performed admirably in all weather conditions (including heavy snow with a set of winter tires) and even on an autocross course. The car's tiny turbo is a must for me; it's not terrifying to accelerate onto the highway in a Cruze like it has been in other small cars I've driven. Overall, I love this little car.

Favorite Features

low cost maintenance, comfortable interior, huge trunk

Suggested Improvements

awkwardly placed cup holder, loud a/c

My third & final review
By tat1739

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I now am looking forward to selling my Cruze. Tomorrow I will be back in the garage for a third transmission leak issue. In addition to a water pump recall and an additional leak, and a radiator leak, and a recall on brakes, and a loose motor mount, I am officially done with this car. I remain satisfied with the interior, but feel that the exterior is looking 'dated' with new car styles coming out. It does still get 40 mpg, when I drive on cruise, within the speed limit, on flat hwys and without cargo or passengers. Otherwise, expect 27-32 mpg. As a former Civic owner of 10 years without even one single issue, the car does not impress.

Favorite Features

Dash remains impressive. Turbo charge on the 4 cylinder is a must-have; the engine will respond on sudden demands of speed. Auto start is another must have in the winter; this engine HATES cold weather!!! (My Civic, on the contrary, didn't care - it was always ready to go.) Blue tooth and bumper sensors are appreciated and should be mandatory on all cars.

Suggested Improvements

The armrest remains annoying; simply put, it is too small and short. I am 5'5" and drive with my seat far back and my legs & arms fully extended - and even then, my elbow will not reach. With all the engine issues, the car is fully unreliable to me at this point. If not for this, it would be a good commuter car or round-the-town car. With cargo or even one additional passenger, the engine loses gumption; shifting becomes pronounced and labored.

2011 1LT Cruze is a GREAT Little Car
By dwalsh2

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have now had this car for just over two years and almost 21K miles. I have never had a car that I enjoyed as much. When I first purchased it, there were lots of little "back to the dealer" fixes, but they were all corrected. I am pleased with the mpg, though I know foreign cars of similar size typically get better. I drive a combination of city and highway and typically get about 29 to 29 mpg. I do not feel like I am driving a small car. Recently, I had a rear-ender in which the other driver slammed into me at a pretty good clip. The trunk lid was damaged and the bumper was, but it wasn't very obvious. I was able to drive away, while the other driver was not.

Favorite Features

Quiet, smooth and doesn't feel like a small car. Rear backup alarm. Seat warmers, seat comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Blind spots especially on the driver side could be improved. Arm rest needs to be extendable so that it is usable. Garage door opener in this model would be nice.

More than meets mediocre expectations
By jackstraw93

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The most common complaint everybody has is that there is a problem with the transmission. After test driving dozens of cars in this class and finally buying this one I can say the computer operated transmission is STRANGE but youll have the same problems on all other cars with the ctv transmission. That being said I so far love the car. It is very comfortable in the front seats, and for the price crams alot more technology into it than any other car ive seen in its class. Very quite ride, very smooth ride, and while it's not "Fun" to drive, (I do miss my truck with it's RWD and tire smoking fun) its VERY plesent, very quiet, very very smooth, great on gas if you aren't driving like an idiot

Favorite Features

Driver comfort, very smooth ride, very quiet ride, a lot of bells and whistles BUT they aren't tacky or cheap, and aren't in your face. **Also very impressive turning radius, while test driving they showed me you can turn 360 degrees in about the area of 2 parking spaces, a pretty neat feature that I have yet to see any body else mention**

Suggested Improvements

Do something with the transmission, it can be jerky and slow to respond. It's not broken, its not crappy, its overly technical and computorized for its own good and is a problem that plagues all cars with it, not just the cruze. the Sentra I found to be even worse as far as delays in engine response. A little more power would also be nice, as well as Rear Seat Leg room. its tight back there.

bad experience
By the_master1

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded my Honda Accord for 2011 Chevy Cruze 1LT with 17000 Mileage, convising my self that buying American brand would be the best decision! but i guess i was wrong. the problems with this care started 2nd week: noise in dash board, transmission shift very hard, I took the car to 4 GM dealer they all said it s normal " the transmission learning how you drive" really? I Drove to Detroit twice i meet with the head of customer service, and complain Dep but they did not do anything! this car is a trash and the new transmission that GM Praise is a joke! when the temperature drop below 30 you are screwed. after owning the car for 8 months (waisting money, time..) i traded to better quality.

Favorite Features

save you money and time stay away from Cruze

Chevy Cruze - After 2 years.
By tat1739

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Up-dating my original review (written 3 mo. into ownership). My car is now 2 years old/28K miles. How do I feel now? Still pleased with performance. Turbo has gumption making me happy with its 4 cyl. Gas mileage is what sticker says if you are on cruise control, highway, no mts, and riding alone. I avg. 25-28 mpg, which is disappointing for small car. The arm rest console is horrible! Too small to rest forearm on. It bugs me all the time, even when armrest is pulled forward. The fan to the heating & a/c is loud, annoying, and sounds "cheap". Buttons for heating/cooling controls are too low for easy viewing. My first American-made car that I have been pleased with.

Favorite Features

1. Dash board is pleasing to the eye. 2. Turbo is essential to prevent you from feeling as if you are in a 'sick' four cyclinder car. The power has been there and immediately responsive when I needed it. 3. Blue tooth. 4. Rear sensors should be mandatory on all cars. Line of car makes it impossible to see well in reverse, so this has proven invaluable to me.

Suggested Improvements

1. Gear shift to steering wheel or on dash to allow for more substantial arm rest console. 2. Heating cooling buttons should be higher on the dash. 3. The "coin compartment" on dash should be deeper to allow for sun-glasses.

Chevy Cruze 2012
By wildcatmom

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Fantastic car! I really like it. It seems a little snug at first but anything that it might lack in comfort it more than makes up for on the road. Gas mileage is unbelieveable and it handles well. Not like the 4 cylinders I remember from way-back-when.....definitely check this car out before you buy a any other!

Wonderfully Perfect,Sporty,Luxury at an affordable price
By jjj1989

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought My Cruze brand new In 2011, I drove off the lot with only 7 miles on the ODO. I now have 25750 miles on It. Happy to state that I've never had any problems with my car. This is a wonderful car for a starter family, or for anyone who wants to own a new car at an affordable price. It's more value for the money than Toyota Corolla,Honda Civic, It's quieter, Much better then Any other car I test drove. For a first year vehicle reliability Has been above average for me. Plus It has a nice luxury look to the vehicle at a great price. Ignore the people that complain about it, their either the ones that drive like maniacs or the ones who do not keep up with the Maint.

Favorite Features

I like the Interior extremely high quality look, the smooth shifting transmission, the peppy little turbo-charged 1.4L engine, the style on the exterior including the headlamps, the fog lights, the chrome grille on my vehicle, easy to use Navigation touchscreen chrome trim.

Suggested Improvements

Backseat room another 4.5-5.5 inches of legroom would be recommended for older children, possible two-tone color options for the exterior, also even some backseat vents maybe?

By nolikecheve

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Cruze in Nov of 10. I have had shifting issues from the get go. The dealership made me feel like it was all in my head. Since I have hit the 18000 mile mark, I have had nothing but problems with the transmission and electrical system. I have had it in the shop 6 tims in the last 2 mths and to 2 different dealerships. I was told that there is nothing they can do to fix my car. I was back there just this morning with the tire pressure sensor. It is not the firs time... It keep saying my rt front tire need air AND the just roated my tires 2 weeks ago. What is up with that?

Favorite Features

At this point, the XM radio

Suggested Improvements

Train the service managers treat you like a human being and not like I am some lame person that knows nothing about cars and that I do not have any working brain cells in my head. I am now a broken loyal Chevrolet customer. I will never buy one again. I do not like dealing with lawyers and I surely do no like suing anyone, but I am scared to drive this vehicle especially on a major highway or turnpike. My transmission should not be overheating when it is only a year old.