Used 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Bang for the buck
By RoyS

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I had owned and enjoyed a 2003 Z06, but the 2007 is basically the same curb weight with 100 more hp. The car must be driven with respect for its capabilities. I do 2-3 HPDE events a year with it. The coupe design allows a lot of luggage space. On a road trip of nearly 2000 miles using the AC over half the time, the car got 27.5 mpg.

Favorite Features

Tremendous acceleration, non-invasive stability control, strong brakes, good handling. Power windows that raise and lower slightly for a good seal on opening and closing the doors.

Suggested Improvements

The weakest part of the car is probably its clutch. The prodigous torque can easily overpower it. The runflat tires will heat up and pressure up on a track.

Convinced!
By Convinced!

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first GM product. I am a self-described Mustang nut. My last vehicle was a 2004 SVT Cobra vert Mystichrome package. I have been critical of Vettes since the late 1970s. My last Cobra impressed on me, again, how uninspired contemporary Vettes were. Then the Z06 came out. After test driving a used 2006 model, I was smitten! We bought our Z06 on June 30, 2007. I am convinced and converted from Ford "faithfulness." This is the performance car for under $100,000.00!

Favorite Features

Fast, fun, well mannered in town, fast, fun, handles fantastically, fast, fun, head turner, comfortable, heads-up-display,

Suggested Improvements

Free performance upgrades? Seriously, the exhaust sounds wimpy for a 505 hp car!

Screamin Machine
By John Connally

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Incredible acceleration. Good engine sound, handles like a big go cart. Nice interior. By far, the quickest car I've ever driven, and I've driven some fast ones. Reminds me of the song, "The Best is Yet to Come-...you think you've flown before, but babe, you ain't left the ground."

Favorite Features

Great sound system, GPS, nice seats, AC works great.

Suggested Improvements

Interior could be a bit nicer, which I think they've done in 2008. Also, I wish I had an iPod jack, which the new one has.

I Own One
By fredolivo

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

The first time I drove my ZO6 Corvette i could not get over the extreme acceleration, braking and handling the ZO6 produces. The comfort and beauty of this precision machine is definetely and finally considered in my book a super sports car. Way to go Chevy!

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is that they finally got rid of the flip headlights. The new headlights give it a sleaker and an impressive front end look. Also love the fender flares given it a European look. Outstanding Chevy engineers!

Suggested Improvements

My only suggestion is a scoop on the hood to improve cooling, air intake and of course the scoop will give it a bit more " I mean business" appearance.

Awesome Machine!
By vette_man

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

The new Corvette Z06 is the fastest car I have ever driven. Its heart stopping acceleration is astonishing! I found that the 6 speed gear box feel like it belongs in a truck. The clutch is also very hard to push and you will get a sore leg after awhile. Otherwise...I loveit! The exhaust sounds like the good old American muscle that I have been used to. Awesome brakes, handling is great, and most of all, great engine! The car turns heads because of its awsome design. My car is victory red. Red looks the best on this car. Fun car to drive. There is no car on the road that even think of racing you and your car, you look at them and laugh. The best thing is...power!

Favorite Features

505 HP engine. OnStar. Nicer rims. Bigger brakes compared to the normal coupe. Nice stereo

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the leaf suspension at the rear