2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Bad truck
By davescustomart on 07/08/10 22:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Colorado now has 60,000 miles on it, The clutch is gone, the 4 wheel drive just quit working I have rusty water in my oil. The ignition has a mind of its own. The heater works when IT wants to work. Overall BAD TRUCK! too much money not enough truck.

4 years and going strong
By John in Colorado on 06/23/10 19:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have now had the Colorado for 4 years and 26,000 miles. I have had no problems with this truck; my complaints are more related to design and engineering. This truck has a lot of little flaws that I believe could have been worked out by engineers with a little attention to details. For example: You can't put down the driver's sun visor without moving the rear view mirror. Then you need to adjust it back. Please! Also, when it's very cold (I'm in Colorado) the windows don't work properly or don't work at all until the interior warms up. Once again, what's all this testing I hear they do to vehicles. There's much more, but too little space.

WE LIKE IT
By SUSAN on 01/22/10 15:52 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this used with 14,000 miles on it, its the 5 cyl and we really like it. No problems, good pickup with enough power. easy to handle and good in snow. Now have 52,000 miles and have had no problems mechanically at all. don't like the seats with headrests when back seat is in use. other than that fine.

Rather fine truck
By CHB on 11/17/09 16:01 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Two weather strip issues are the only problems in first 36000 mi. Don't get heavy duty suspension unless your going to carry max weight or some cargo in bed all the time.

Too many trips to the service dept.
By jones on 03/17/09 08:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The truck is great...when it is not in the shop for service. Little things that should NOT be problems on a truck this age - with this little mileage and that is this well-maintained - occur over and over again. And the "fix" doesn't always stay fixed. So we have had too many visits to service, and too many repeat issues. The service people are always very pleasant and willing to help. But my guess is that something about the products is sub-standard. It is very frustrating to have to take it in and do without it so often.

Chevy
By cparker on 12/02/08 19:31 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Many problems and issues with quality. I bought my truck 6/08 for the 4th of July sale at 0% interest. What a bad decision. I had the truck for about 5 months the valves in the engine bent so I had to drive a rental for 2 weeks. Payload is average but leaf springs are extremely weak. Anything more than 200 lbs and it will be sagging. The sheet metal is very thin and vibrates a lot. Especially the brake dust shield. Every time I brake, the floor boards vibrate and there’s a rattle from the front of the truck. My truck is a 5 speed so when I push in the clutch to come to a stop the rpm drops to 500 and the whole truck vibrates. Need more room to list problems. Just buy a Tacoma!

So Far So Good
By Chris on 09/01/08 19:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my truck new and have driven it for 20k miles. Fuel economy could be better but it's as good or better than any other small 4x4 pickup (24 highway and 21 in town). The truck has a cushy ride, functional interior and the engine performance is adequate. I haul lumber, firewood, dirt, stone etc. and it's holding up quite well. There was a cylinder head problem with the I4 and I5 in model years 04-06 which I understand has since been resolved. GM replaced the cylinder head on my truck at 7k miles. I've had no trouble with it since and GM agreed to extend the warranty on the head work after I complained. So far I'm satisfied with my Colorado and would certainly consider GM again.

OK Pickup
By SN on 08/14/08 12:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new 24 months ago and so far so good. Roomy cab, comfortable ride, and fair fuel ecomomy. Has nice stereo and was reasonably priced. It's my 3rd new Chevy pickup and I think I liked my last S-10 a little better.

18 Months and 18000 miles
By Burt on 07/06/08 20:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The truck has done its job. It not the most refined truck out there but it was inexpensive to buy. A previous review said the truck had problems with brakes locking up after a recall repair was performed at the dealership, and blamed GM for his problems. The same thing happened to me, got half way home and noticed the brakes were overheating. The tech that installed the new parts didn't properly adjust switches to accommodate brake pedal travel and they were dragging. It was an easy fix and the brakes are fine. He also complained about fuel economy. Well, if your brakes are dragging your fuel economy isn't going to be all that good. The check engine light in mine comes on regularly.

Amazing truck
By Bowtie on 04/19/08 23:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This truck has been great. A long awaited replacment of the S-10 (and I had 1). I have the Z-71 package and it does well off-road and I have put it through its paces.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.