Used 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Bad SS
By redracer1

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have the 35th SS LE Convertible it has been an absolute blast. More than enough power great handling and turns heads where ever I go.

The LS1 and styling

Better stereo

2002 Camaro Convertible
By camaro02

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent reliability. I have had this car for almost five years and have spent $0 on repairs, outside of normal maintenance. Gas mileage is great, given the current price of gas. Unique enough that I typically do not see another like it going down the road. Handling is excellent. I drive the car year round and have driven in a foot of snow with no problem (My son's Mazda 626 got stuck!)

The convertible top, styling, and performance. It makes the daily commute fun. Easy to maintain. Tons of aftermarket parts available.

Hard to see out of the back. Getting out can be tricky in tight spaces due to large doors. Back seat is not much use.

Best Car for the Money
By taxman

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best car I have owned. It is a 2002 Camaro SS convertible with the six speed transmission. It really flies when you hit the gas and when not hot rodding this car gets great gas mileage. I would recommend this car to anyone as far as performance, reliability, and looks.

The performance number one with the look of the vehicle a close second. Love the six speed with the skip shift eliminator.

I hope they come out with a new one as I have seen on the web with the six litre. I would be first in line to get an ss convertible again with this option.

Too bad you didn't buy one!
By tvwalsh

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed this car more than I ever thought I would! The engine is smooth and powerful. The exterior looks like what we all thought cars would look like in the future. The biggest surprise has been the fact that, lately, it has not been depreciating! I think GM made a terrible mistake when it dropped this car rather than putting a few bucks into it so it could carry the GM flag against the Mustang. Rumor has it that the bean counters at GM said that they only needed to sell one third more Corvettes to break even after killing the Camaro.

The powerful engine is the main attraction, but the ride is also quite good. The covertible top works much easier than the one on the Mustang. This car is very stylish!

Bring the Camaro back!

Best Car for the Buck
By mntaxman

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Z28 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

The best car I have ever owned. The power is outstanding and with all the add ons available from SLP it can only increase. It is too bad they do not make these any more, the styling is excellent as well. Mine is the upgraded SS model with a six speed. Never any trouble passing.

The power from the all aluminum 350.

Bring them back. Chevy you have seen what the new designed Mustang is doing and it is not even half the car. Bring it back to boost sales.