Used 2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Better Than I Ever Thought!
By Cooldude

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When I decided to buy a car, I wanted to stay domestic. I did look at the foreign models, but the only thing that stood out for me was BMW. I have owned GM before and have been overall impressed with their designs and comfort. What originally lured me in was the promise of excellence in design and my parents being Cadillac owners, but I was sold at first test drive. Love the car, love everything about it!! I'm afraid that between the customer service from Corporate Cadillac and the quality of the vehicle, I am now a Cadillac owner for life! Oh...FYI... I have read reviews about road noise... three words: sport-tuned- suspension... go back to that Lexus if you don't like it!

Pop-up Nav... Awesome!! I-pod docking station.... Awesome- again! Interior design is second to none! Did I mention this thing hauls butt...for a V6!! Competitive Racing mode Rocks!

More options standard. Front Seats could stand to be a little wider, but not too big of deal.

My first Cadillac
By Ltdc

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I must say that so far it has been a mostly pleasant experience. I have the red CTS and it does draw it share of raves from family and strangers. One draw back I noticed immediately was the width of the A pillars in conjunction with the side view mirrors makes for a sizable blind spot. Backing the car up is a bit of a guessing game since you can't see the rear deck. You can't count on the computer to give accurate gas mileage readings. On the instant readout the mileage jumps all over the place including into the 40 + mpg range. The average MPG was showing 30.2 at 65 MPH without the AC on. If it was really getting that kind of mileage I think it would have been show on the EPA estimate.

The overall impression of the cabin makes for a pleasant driving experience. The ambient lighting is a nice touch. You do have to have the dash lights set to bright to fully appreciate it. You can get used to the XM radio without the advertisements and useless banter.

Reduced blind spots. The 2 cup holders end up used for storage since they are in a storage area with a cover. A fold down rear seat. The cargo net is high and gets in the way when placing items in the trunk. A light in the engine compartment. Front cowl is 4 1/4" off ground. Should be fun in snow.

Lives Up to the Hype
By BlockDaddy21

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

With the automotive world giving such panegyrical reviews to this car, I figured it surely must be a ploy to get us to stimulate the economy and buy American. Prior to my '09 CTS, I owned a 2008 Acura TL Type-S that was my absolute favorite car. However, I drove the CTS, and it was all over. My 3.6 DI AWD is a real driver's car; it gives great feedback to the driver, corners like it's on rails, the brakes are phenomenal, and it has admirable throttle response. Not to mention great style! Overall build quality is great - no complaints in the first 7000 miles. I would recommend that anyone in the market check out the CTS among the typical mix of imports - you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Overall handling, interior styling, *Fast* GPS, iPod integration, braking, AWD system, adaptive front lighting, UltraView sunroof... just an amazing car!

More POIs in the Navi, quieter cabin (although not bad as-is), more supportive seats for those of us with (ahem) wider seats.

Amazing Car, GM is Getting There
By exm22psu

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall I really love this car, and I am picky. The steering feel, ride, and all the features for the price are hard to beat. On top of that, Caddy has a signature style with this car that sets it apart in looks and handling. That said, there are still some quality issues they need to address. There were some paint issues (underspray), a shaky side mirror, and creaks. Nothing too bad but these things should not take place on any car of this class. I would tell anyone to check out CTS before buying an import. This car has it all.

Pop up Nav, power everything, ambient lighting, power, highway ride. Almost everything is great. Oh, and stereo too, wow, very nice.

Quieter interior, better seats (they don't hug you but ended up being comfortable), better paint job, less rattles and squeaks.

Excellent Value for a Luxury Sedan
By CZ

2009 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

First time owning a sedan and loving it. High quality finishes, fun to drive, and comfortable on long trips.

Interior layout and function. Pop-up Nav screen is neat, as well as the perimeter lighting at dash and footwells.

Add a 400HP V8 as an option to the V6DI and make the V6DI as std. Perforated seats for heat/cool work well, but seat leather stretches and creases. Need thicker leather.

• SUV