Used 1994 Buick Roadmaster Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Buick Roadmaster - Consumer Reviews

1994 Buick Roadmaster

View reviews for a specific Roadmaster model:

Love my RoadMonster!
By Road_Monster

1994 Buick Roadmaster 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1994 Roadmaster in August, 2003. This car has a following, like it's "B Body" brothers: The Impala SS, and Caprice. The Roadmaster, Impala SS, and Caprice share the same chassis, LT1 V8 engine, 4L60E transmission, etc. My particular car has a gray leather interior. It is extremely comforatable and the leather is durable. On the road, this car is amazing. Lots of power, comfortable ride, and the safe feeling only a large rear wheel drive car can give you. These cars were built to last. Mine is almost twelve years old now. It does not burn or leak a drop of oil! They are truly a bargain, for the ride, performance, and safety they provide.

Favorite Features

Size, ride, and POWER! Beautiful interior. Classic American styling.

Suggested Improvements

GM really knew how to build these cars. Unfortunately, they stopped full size rear-wheel-drive sedan production in 1996. Please wake up GM! Make these again!

Road-Disaster
By josh97056

1994 Buick Roadmaster Limited 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been nothing but trouble since the day I bought it, It spends most of it's time in the driveway because I can't afford to keep up on the repairs. I have driven it only 30,000 miles in 4 years. I have had to replace the starter twice, water pump twice, Opti-spark distrbutor system twice ($350 part) are you starting to see a pattern here, basically everything breaks twice. One time the front suspension system failed and the right wheel feel off while I was driving, luckily I didnt crash. The electrical system also has several problems, as the door locks, interior lights, lumbar support and trunk release all quit working, additionally the vehicle will not stay aligned.

Favorite Features

Powerful Corvette derived LT-1 350. Super comfy seats, intimidating size.

Suggested Improvements

Make more reliable

Beats My Wife's Mercedes 380 SEL
By Mario Bruno

1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

I was going to sell my Buick because I bought a Mercedes 380SEL for my wife. After driving the Benz,I decided to keep the RoadMonster. The ride is plush without sacraficing handling. It also feels that it can haul a trailer and take a beating the car sits on a ladder frame, very durable. Power is great with great gas milage on regular fuel. Realize we are talking about a car that weighs 4500 lbs, the Benz weighs 4600 lbs.The ride on the Benz is OK you do feel the road and it bumbs, Europian.If you want to hopup the car look at Impala SS.We've put 45,000 commute miles since we bought it 19 months ago with no major repairs done or in sight.

Best Kept Secret
By Kwame Davis

1994 Buick Roadmaster Limited 4dr Sedan

For the decision makers at GM, start production on this car again. I bought the one I own back in 1994 and it has been performing wonderfully. It's time for me to get a new car and I want another Buick Roadmaster. I like the Corvette engine GM modified and put in this thing, it flies. The prices is right too!

Favorite Features

Comfort and ride are outstanding, great fuel mileage, can really haul a load of stuff, and low maintenance costs.

Road Master Estate wagon
By jas 1

1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

Beautiful ride and power...very comfortable in town and out on the highway....all kind of wather, and any number of passengers and luggage...fantastic

Favorite Features

Style..interior and exterior, super power and ride...lots of room

Suggested Improvements

None