Used 2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Keeps me broke
By DJ

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is the fanciest I have ever owned. Plus the costliest. I like the ride and comfort, leather, heated seats and all the bells and whistles but when things go wrong, it's expensive. In the almost three years I've owned this car, I've put a crankshaft sensor, O2 sensor, 6 tires, brakes all around, 2 wheel bearings, and now I need the AC fixed - condensor, two rear "knuckles", and the motor for the AWD. A recall on the wheel bearings was a joke. The mileage perimeter was 65,000. miles and I purchased it with 64,000. so six months later, the recall was toast. Now I hope it lasts til I can pay it down enough to get another car. I was offered $2500 trade and I still owe $9700 on it

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats, back up feature, third seat and cargo room. Comfortable to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Any mechanical parts and many dangerous stuff to go wrong. What else that others have posted will go wrong with mine? Do I have to rebuild the whole car? Expensive to maintain and very low resale value. No wonder they quit making them.

AC problems
By JN

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this Rendezvous used when it was 2 yrs old. A/C didn't work and dealership hid that fact. Had electrical problems and had to pay to have them fixed. Then stereo blew and couldn't use CD player at all! Low price as a used minivan but many problems!

Favorite Features

Heated front seats

Suggested Improvements

Electrical system!

An Outstanding Car
By David Dotson

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is the best car I have ever owned and I am 71 years old. We purchased the car new at the beginning of 2002. It has been a pleasure to drive. The lowest our gas mileage has been is 15 mpg and that was in stop and go freeway driving in San Diego. We ususally get 17 to 18 mpg around town and 23 to 26 mpgs on trips.It's comfort and dependability are unequaled. My only complaint is that Buick stopped making them.

So-So
By Darren

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because my wife liked the looks of it. I should have researched it more. In the span of 80,000 miles we have had to replace front wheel bearings 3 times. Very weak on engine power. Make sure you have plenty of room to pass. On the positive side, we bought it with 123,000 on it and just recently turned 200,000 with same engine and transmission. Warning, don't get a model with the self-leveling shocks. Can only get through GM at a cost of $250 per shock not including labor. Real joke. Would not buy Rendezvous

Favorite Features

Heated seats and third row back seat. Automatic climate control.

Suggested Improvements

Should have put the 3.8liter in instead of 3.4L. The lower fascia trim is cheap and broke off after pulling over a parking curb.

Great comfort - hard on the pocketbook
By LDL

2002 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Where do I begin - purchased this vehicle 7 months ago - in that time have replaced a head gasket, only to put a new engine in and ABS sensor board and brake line rusted (just replaced). Over $4000 on this vehicle already - practically new - wonderful to drive, comfort level way up there just to bad that it has cost me so much to keep running in such a short time.

Favorite Features

Comfort - the seat warmers do come in handy in a Saskatchewan winter!

Suggested Improvements

More care has to be taken on the product. Now-a-days you spend so much on a vehicle - just would be reassuring to know that the reliability is there.