Used 2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Amazing Driving Experience
By tarek307

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

i must say, i was worried about getting a 745li, knowing all the issues those cars sometimes have. But i've really had no issues, & value wise, even if i get issues, its ok. This car is a true drivers car, has that amazing heavy yet sporty infamous BMW feel to the max! Its a pleasure driving this baby..feels nothing like the big huge sedan it is.

Power, smoothness, comfort, ride.

Electrical issues, alternator, are some of the known issues.

No Longevity Here
By mylast7

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After coming off 315K miles on a 1992 BMW 735i, we were anxious to have a newer version. Interior trim is cheap, as noted by kick panels and sill plate's "interior colored coverings" coming off to reveal a different color underneath. Don't touch the sill plates with your shoes! Car has 85K on it and has had 2 fuel pumps replaced within 100 miles of each other ($1,283.82). Newer BMWs apparently had numerous fuel pump issues. Suspension components, per the dealer, are worn and leaking and need replcement, note these are non-serviceable components. Front thrust rod bushings needed for $1062.46; and rear wisbones need replacement for $1,075. So much for the "driving machine" they taut.

Great on the freeways, good in town. Nice ride with decent gas mileage.

BMW needs to imporve their customer service image, hopefully phasing out the phrase, "it's out of warranty". Only purchase a BMW with a bumper to bumper warranmty and with their service agreement. You're on your own after 50K, so beware of how you spend your hard earned money. Having worked in the service departments of franchise dealerships myself, a customer who had properly maintained their vehicle had some clout with the factory on abnormal issues...opps, that was Nissan.

"TOP GUN BMW"
By skala57

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this car used 2 year ago with about 45k on the clock. Since then I've done regular maintanance, nothing else. This car has been solid as a rock. Best BMW i've ever owned and I've owned a lot of them. IDRIVE is not that hard to get, works like a charm when you know how to use it. Navi is great and all electronics are up to par. I've tried Lexus, Infiniti, audi and benz, and the only close thing to the Bmw is the Audi. The Idrive is just the same as the MMI in Audi and the Benz version. They all have there quarks. The Lexus is even worse and less intuitive. All I can say is so far I've been overly impressed with this Bavarian Auto. Handles like a little car in a big body. A+++++

PDC control display, smooth tranny, engine, smooth ride! Cooled and heated seats + massage seats! Everything is Perfect!!!

Add the middle shifter back in the car....

A real road car
By John

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I initially shopped for a car based on the needs of my back problems. The BMW 7 was and still is the most comfortable auto I have ever driven. I drive between Chicago area and Orlando, FL several times a year. I can drive straight thru and feel like I drove a couple hours. If I leave with a full tank of gas I only have to stop once for fuel on the 1,100 mile trip. This car is the greatest car I have ever owned. I am just about out of my 100,000 mile warranty and hope for many more years of trouble free performance. I would love a 2010 model, but I really love this one.

Multi-position seats, solid feel of the car, spacious interior, great gas mileage.

Too many duplicate gizmos, including CD's, phone keypad. Radio seek button should be on the steering wheel, improve the finish of the trim that peels off around the interior of the doors, raise car a couple inches so you don't drag on every parking block, allow front seats more travel backward.

Best 7 ever
By JimK

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is phenomenal experience in handling, comfort and reliability. This is my third 7 series and typically I only keep the for 3 to 4 years. They keep getting better and the 2010 on order.

Handling smoothness of the engine.

iDrive