Used 2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

2016--This BMW 7 Series is The King of the Road!!!
By Matthew Tison

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I will NOW only OWN a BMW for the rest of my life!!! I recently purchased this Great Condition Used BMW--745 Li Automatic on Dec. 20th! Merry Christmas to ME! I got a fair price and it only had 51,000 Miles on it! So far I have a mechanic change the oil w/Full Synthetic and I only USE 91 Premium Gas from Chevron and it drives like an absolute GEM! I mean it's nearing 2016, that means this vehicle is 12 years old! It's NICER, ROOMIER, and Better Equiped than any LATE Model American Car. I'm SOLD on German/European Engineering! My Mechanic looks it over and he drives a 7 Series! He said, Matt this is a GEM!
Smooth, Seamless shifting on acceleration, and AMAZING Power! Pure Comfort for me and my guest in the front and in the Rear! My 11 year old daughter sits in the back at times w/a friend and says, "Dad, it's like a Living Room back here!"
Amazing electronics, Amazing unparalleled POWER, Simply put--It's truly "The Ultimate Driving Machine"
I just bought Bridgestone Blizzak Snow Tires and put 2 sand bags in the rear trunk and it's better than a 4 wheel drive truck I used to own!

WOW--I'll NEVER drive another vehicle. Thank you BMW and the owner that took care of this previous to me!

Big Mechanical Waste
By Patrick wheat

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

bought this car for my wife and what a waste of space. transmission, head gaskets, sensors galore. bought is used and it spent 3 out of the first 5 months in the shop. i will never buy another bmw again. worst of all this site does not reflect what i here from every other mechanic and 2004 bmw 7 owner. shame on edmunds and to anyone looking at this car please please please look else where.

Amazing Driving Experience
By tarek307

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

i must say, i was worried about getting a 745li, knowing all the issues those cars sometimes have. But i've really had no issues, & value wise, even if i get issues, its ok.

This car is a true drivers car, has that amazing heavy yet sporty infamous BMW feel to the max! Its a pleasure driving this baby..feels nothing like the big huge sedan it is.

Power, smoothness, comfort, ride.

Electrical issues, alternator, are some of the known issues.

No Longevity Here
By mylast7

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After coming off 315K miles on a 1992 BMW 735i, we were anxious to have a newer version.
Interior trim is cheap, as noted by kick panels and sill plate's "interior colored coverings" coming off to reveal a different color underneath. Don't touch the sill plates with your shoes!
Car has 85K on it and has had 2 fuel pumps replaced within 100 miles of each other ($1,283.82). Newer BMWs apparently had numerous fuel pump issues.
Suspension components, per the dealer, are worn and leaking and need replcement, note these are non-serviceable components.
Front thrust rod bushings needed for $1062.46; and rear wisbones need replacement for $1,075.
So much for the "driving machine" they taut.

Great on the freeways, good in town. Nice ride with decent gas mileage.

BMW needs to imporve their customer service image, hopefully phasing out the phrase, "it's out of warranty". Only purchase a BMW with a bumper to bumper warranmty and with their service agreement. You're on your own after 50K, so beware of how you spend your hard earned money. Having worked in the service departments of franchise dealerships myself, a customer who had properly maintained their vehicle had some clout with the factory on abnormal issues...opps, that was Nissan.

"TOP GUN BMW"
By skala57

2004 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this car used 2 year ago with about 45k on the clock. Since then I've done regular maintanance, nothing else. This car has been solid as a rock. Best BMW i've ever owned and I've owned a lot of them. IDRIVE is not that hard to get, works like a charm when you know how to use it. Navi is great and all electronics are up to par. I've tried Lexus, Infiniti, audi and benz, and the only close thing to the Bmw is the Audi. The Idrive is just the same as the MMI in Audi and the Benz version. They all have there quarks. The Lexus is even worse and less intuitive. All I can say is so far I've been overly impressed with this Bavarian Auto. Handles like a little car in a big body. A+++++

PDC control display, smooth tranny, engine, smooth ride! Cooled and heated seats + massage seats! Everything is Perfect!!!

Add the middle shifter back in the car....