2006 BMW 5 Series 3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Great car and great value

2006 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

525i Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Great car and great value (if purchased used)
By klrsmile on

2006 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased an '06 with 48k on it - a CPO car with some protection (and maintenance) remaining on the warranty. Sticker was $64k in 2006, and I was fortunate to purchase the car for under $22k from a BMW dealer in Houston. What can I say? The car has amazing performance and handling, with stock 18" rims and Yokahama run flats (odd, since there is a spare). Suspension is a bit stiff for an everyday driver, so says my wife, however, it allows the corners to be straightened out a bit when you get the nerve. Rear leg room is A+ and trunk space is huge. I-drive not too bad once used to it, but could have been made friendlier.

Favorite Features

Favs from both male and female perspective: He: performance (0-60 in about 5 secs), handling, stereo crisp and clean with great highs and bass if that's your thing, trunk space is gracious, style and stance. Keyless entry (fob only needs to be in pocket to unlock and start). She: crash test ratings, rear seat room easily fits 3 adults, seat adjustments insure comfort for any passenger / driver type, interior noise at freeway speeds (very acceptable), value (as depreciated).

Suggested Improvements

Exterior paint seems to be just average in terms of durability, would have expected a little more tolerance, interior cargo space minimal, center console won't hold more than one pair of sunglasses, a few pens and a cell phone, parking sensor delays when taking off (stays active for 15-30 seconds beyond need, disabling all other I-drive functions momentarily).