2006 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
05 325 upgragde
By Autobahner4 on 04/26/06 09:53 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this for my wife to replace her 05 325i. Wow, what a great decision. This car is the most fun we've had in yaers. Both of us can't find much excitement in autos from past industry work. This car has awakened the romance of vehicle ownership!

Best Car I ever had
By adiaris on 04/18/06 19:00 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

From day one my bimmer was the king of the road. Runs unbelievable. I actually took it on the highway, FL turnpike, and floor it all the way down as fast as it would go. I felt like I was flying and it ran smoothly. Now that's a car luxury, fast driving, good looking car. And best feature of all the free maintenance. I highly recommend buying or leasing a bimmer

Ultimate Driving/Trouble machine
By lobo on 04/12/06 12:19 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased 06 BMW 530i in 08/2005. When the car works, it is really fun to drive. It does fit you like a glove. The acceleration and brake are two of my favorites. Exterior looks so cool. My complain is that it nees too many trips to the dealership. So far, I got power window motor replaced, high battery drain that require re- programming, trip computer mal- function. The engine stalled couple of times on me at low speed. The dealer can never figure out what is wrong. The execuses I got include low on gas (the computer shows 100 miles range left), bad gas (Shell is bad according to dealer, I am only using Chevron now)

Best car Ever had
By KIKI LAW on 03/24/06 19:38 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

We test drove so many cars of its class and I thought it will will stop when I drove the E500 MB. Guess what not even close. After I drove the 550i. I just couldn't see myself in any other car but a BMW 550i

Can't Beat It!
By BEST CAR EVER on 03/24/06 07:57 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have owned Audi, Jag, and another BMW since about '97, and this in unequivocally the best driving vehicle I have been in. Smooth, solid power, handling is amazing. Snowstorm on 3rd day after buying and tried hard to get it to slip, couldn't do it. Interior is just the right amount of luxury, and the iDrive is easy for anyone who has touched a computer (what was all the fuss?).

great choice
By joshin on 03/23/06 21:39 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After reading many reviews and waiting for all wheel drive in the five series we finally bought it last year. 14000 miles later I love it. The performance is perfect in chicago weather.

Disappointed After 15000 mile check up
By donna on 03/22/06 08:49 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Minor trouble prior to 15,000 mile update with one tire continuing to leak air and prompt message to screen. After dealership updated, car transmission seems different and shifting mode not in time. Just doesn't feel the same! Can't say enough positive about this car prior to 15,000 miles. Get up and go was amazing! I don't like the drivers drink holder location. In the way of front seat passenger. Notice brake dust often on wheels.

The BEST wagon EVER
By Norman on 03/21/06 09:49 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the 3rd wagon I have owned and the 2nd BMW wagon, this is by far the BEST wagon EVER, the all wheel drive and the navagation were not available on the 1999 wagon, and it truly makes this the BEST wagon ever, I also love the fact I have Blue tooth and my phones address book in my BMW, it also links to my iPod so I am a happy camper.

Truly Fantastic
By Fantastic Five on 03/17/06 21:24 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This car does so many things right, it's staggering how good it is. It is fast, comfortable, good looking, innovative, and handles better than 99% of all cars. The engine, transmission and suspension are so smooth, you quickly realize that you pay for refinement. Anyone can make a fast car, but no one can make a car that "feels" like this one. The features that this car has are unparalled. It does everything you ask. IDrive is awesome, and the people who bag on it are people who do not understand the logic behind computers. If you're good with a PC, you'll love iDrive. Great, great car.

550i
By Darrell Johnson on 03/13/06 10:41 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

First BMW. Ex Porsche guy. Surprised at performance and balance - simply excellent. IDrive is nonsense. In and of itself it's not so hard to use, just plain silly. Can't even check oil accurately. Have yet to figure out how to store a radio station. Sat radio, though, is outstanding. Nav system w/ voice activation is almost useless as apparently German written instructions don't decipher into understandable English. The extra $240 for the 2nd year road assist is a waste. Got most options except heads up display & wish I had checked the headlight auto bright control option. Would have been nice to have. No real problems.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.