2006 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
550i
By Scott on 07/12/06 07:57 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Had the car 9 months now, and love it. Did have trouble with the VANOS system, and the car was at the dealer for 3 weeks early on. No problems now. Has great acceleration and handling even with out the sport suspension.

Exceptional sedan
By BMDUB1 on 06/24/06 09:35 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have recently purchased the 530xi. I am still infatuated with this car and cannot wait to drive it. The car is comfortable and fun to drive. I have driven a lot of cars but this car is unique. It looks great and has sufficient power and stability for any style of driver.

The most fun on the road
By deb on 06/21/06 15:16 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car handles so easily and it has a safe and sturdy feel on the road. Plenty of power for on and off the highway. The iDrive isn't as difficult to operate as some have claimed. Just take some time to learn it; pick your settings; that's it. The heated steering wheel is a real luxury. Interior appointments very nice.

Little Awesome
By RegalReggie on 06/03/06 05:54 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I owned a 2003 525i and thought it was perfect. Then I got my 2006 525xi and fell in love all over again. What a car. I thought it was impossible to improve on perfection but I was wrong. This car is roomier and has a much bigger trunk. I was concerned that the all wheel drive would really suck up the gas but so far I am getting 20 to 25 miles to the gallon and I can live with that to drive this awesome car. The handling of the all wheel drive is so terrific that when I drove a 2005 525i this past week, I felt a little out of control. I know it was my imagination but that is the assurance level I have in my car.

Great Vehicle
By Eric on 05/23/06 14:50 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is our first BMW. My wife has driven Volvo, Lexus and Acura products in the past. All of those vehicles have been nice but have lacked the driving experience of the 530i. This car is truly a sports sedan. We drove the Audi A6, Lexus GS and Infiniti M and felt this vehicle and the A6 were truly driver's cars. This is our first German vehicle and we had some concern about reliability, however, the car has been solid.

BMW's Colossal Blunder
By Shifty on 05/07/06 18:23 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car, fun to drive... but impractical! The sports package comes with run flat tires and a donut. No room to put in full sized tire in the well. But I am better off than those with a 2006 or later 3 series who have no spare at all.. Get a flat wiith these babies and you can go 150 miles. You can put on the donut and go about the same distance. Get a flat tire over the weekend like I did and you are out of pocket for 2 days. Nobody, I repeat nobody stocks the odd ball tires. This is a MAJOR flaw in the BMW. Hear that Edmunds? BTW, the run flats are not repairable, so you are looking at over $300 a pop for a flat. Also they ride terribly and have 15,000 mile tread life.

Best BMW Yet!
By Dbarks on 05/06/06 09:30 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had three BMWs including the heralded 1998 E39 528i. The 2006 530i is better in every way. Better ride, better handling, more room and much better seats. This car makes the E39 look old. This is the best car BMW has made yet.

Best 5 Series yet
By DanB on 05/04/06 21:39 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had three BMWs including the all time favorite E39 1998 528i. This is a better car in all regards. Big car feel, much more power and great features such as idrive and bluetooth. It makes the E39 look old. My 2006 E60 has been flawless. The ride is perfect. I read the reviews at other sites on other cars and you can tell that the true BMW lovers that couldn't get past the new look are desperately trying to console themselves. They wanted a 5 series BMW, didn't buy one and are going out of their way trying to justify it to themselves. This is the best car on the road. And, I get 23 MPG in city driving.

Best ever
By v laprade on 04/30/06 07:16 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the third Beamer I have owned and by far it is the best in all areas. The fuel economy is very acceptable for this size car, I just wished it did not need premium gas. The handling is very BMW and the acceleration for the 530 is excellent. I am having some difficulty adjusting the driver seat to a comfortable position. The front of the seat seems to be titlted too far back and presses on the underneath of my knee.I like the size of the trunk but wished the rear seat folded without having to buy it as an option. One thing about BMW is that there is nothing free if they can charge for it. The rear seat could use a little more leg room. I have no trouble with the I drive.

A dream of a car
By Stephen on 04/28/06 16:16 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I initially looked at the new 3 series, but the 5 series is in a different class with much more space and elegance. The car feels so refined and performance is exceptional. It remains refined and composed no matter how you drive it. It corners like it is on rails and accelerates strongly. Brakes are powerful and progressive with great feed back. Steering is agile and sensitive with good feed back. Build quality throughout the car is excellent, interior materials have an exceptional look and feel. Interior controls are confined to those used most, others are accessed via the iDrive, which I found extremely easy to use.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.