2006 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
It's OK, but too slow...
By Jerry Kadash on 09/20/05 19:44 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had two problems, I can live with them till service. One is annoying with the sun roof. It operates, but BANGS/pops closing most times. Close once, bang, open close again, less bang. Seems most awful when hot, car parked. Anyway, I've had 530s previously...very nice. My 525, I thought the quicker 6 spd autotrans, it would have more zip. Seems very anemic on the highway and byway! Bodystyle I've grown to appreciate and like. The competition is copying it. Also I now know if I pass my bodystyle on the road, it's an '04 or later.

The best car I ever drove!
By GG on 09/16/05 13:32 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 525xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After test driving several competitors, the BMW won my heart 2 minutes into my 30 minute test drive. It is true what everybody says, a BMW really does feel and drive differently than any other car. You have to drive it, to really appreciate it. My search for the perfect car has ended. Great job BMW.

HUGE disappointment
By jw on 09/09/05 20:59 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is highly overrated and I'm very sorry I purchased it. I will never purchase a BMW again. It's not comfortable, and even at 3000 miles hasn't been reliable. I intend to sell it and purchase a true luxury car. The ride and drive aren't smooth or what you should be able to expect from a car at this price. Most disappointing is that it isn't fun to drive. It feels like my father's car with a little more hp. The cup holders are hysterical---the driver's and passenger's are both on the passenger side---very uncomfortable to access and dangerous to use lean over to use when driving. The leg room is worse than most cars this size. My first and last BMW.

Fantastic Five
By Robert Nance on 09/07/05 21:44 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We love our new 525i. It has great pickup and spectacular fuel economy. On a recent trip we averaged over 31 miles to the gallon and went almost 500 on one tank of gas. We recommend the Navigation with voice activation. It is great.

Couldn't be happier
By wagonguy on 08/31/05 20:27 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Never thought that I would be driving a wagon but this is by far the best! The room is great, the net for dogs is great and the panaroof is great! The bluetooth system in this car surpasses those of pretty much any other maker. It completely syncs your phone book and automatically puts voice tags on all of them! I am very happy with my purchase. I think it is much more practical than the sedan. The iDrive is very easy to use once you learn it.

Worth every penny!
By 4 Murphs on 08/20/05 14:52 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm a BMW fan, just sold my 2002 325i sport/premium. 530i is an excellent value/jump up. With updated engine (255hp), this is a fun ride. Either love or hate the exterior, interior is well designed. IDrive was no issue for me, if you can navigate an internet web site, you can use IDrive...I highly recommend the Nav system, especially for safety (not having to look around while driving, it tells you when and where to turn). Trunk space is a big step up from 3-series...premium package a must (nice leather). Decided against sport package, since I live in N. PA...snow and ice is not recommended for sport package. Loads of technology in 06 model...enjoy the toys. Love the way it handles.

The ultimate Midsize
By tycast on 08/17/05 00:44 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The 2006 is fun to drive and the exterior stying is fabulous. The engine provides excellent power although the 345 is not available in the XI version.

2006 5 Series is great
By DP on 08/10/05 15:59 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

As a former owner of a 2001 BMW 3 Series and 2001 & 2003 C240, I have to say that my 2006 525i is awesome. The design is trailblazing, handling sensational and the ride is exceptional. My gas mileage is better with the 5 series than it was with the 3 series or the C240. I would recommend this car to anyone who loves the driving experience and wants to maximum how their money is spent in the luxury market.

First BMW - Fantastic!
By Andy on 08/02/05 13:01 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW. It's true-it is a fantastically fun car to drive. Handles so well, especially cornering, and you do have a real sense of the road and being in command of the vehicle. And unlike many reviews from existing BMW owners, I find the new styling very attractive and much more muscular and sporty looking than the last two style versions. Nice to get all the compliments from friends admiring the 530i's sleek and dynamic lines. Very impressed with the maintainance features. I-Drive was confusing for the first 20-30 minutes, but sitting in the driveway with the owner's manual and going through a few things makes it simple enough. Only 3 months into my new BMW and very satisfied.

Love the wagon
By JimP on 08/01/05 14:20 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 5 Series 530xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

just traded in my 2001 X5 for the new wagon - awesome car (just have to get used to sitting so low) - I agree that having that wagon is a big advantage over the sedan (given that I have two dogs). Was initially concerned about trading down to a V6 from a V8 but so far seems to have more than enough power

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.