Very Happy With This Vehicle
By Jim White on
2005 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
I happened to really like both the interior and exterior styling and notice many who when I go into another lane check the car out as I pass on the highway. I had a Cadillac DTS prior to this and a Seville STS before that, neither car compared. I receive compliments from people I don"t know all the time, had two today, that makes you feel good as well. As was the case with the review writtten in this article SOME find the idrive system complicated, I don't. It took a little to get used to but it does so much, I don't know how it would have been simplified and still do as much. I ordered the car with PDC, Park Distance Control, don't overlook GPS! Both are exceptional!!
Favorite Features
The PDC and GPS get top marks. Acura has a very good GPS (quality of maps, ease of use as well as versatility) I like BMW's next better than Lexusl. I like the PDC as the acuracy of the sensors is great. It covers a bit around the corners of the vehicle and is audible as well as visual.
Suggested Improvements
I don't like the location for the heated steering wheel switch and I would like to be able to decide when the headlights are washed, not the car doing it every so often when I wash the windshield.