2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Euphoric feeling
By Brenda on 12/15/04 19:08 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

My 525i has both sport and luxury packages. The seats are exceptional and auto set to either my husband or myself prior to entry. Both of us are extremely happy with the car in all ways. It truly is a "driving machine", and the same feeling is not available elsewhere.

what a car!
By pubsmeister on 12/12/04 21:48 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Now in my second week of driving the 545i. Great engine, handling, and just plain fun to drive. Last car was an Acura Legend, another great car but the difference is unbelieveable. I got the SMG transmission, you get the fun of the manual with the ease of use of an automatic. The iDrive is a piece of cake.

iDrive is not the problem
By ray cutler on 12/12/04 18:36 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2004 530i after trading in my 99 328 convertible. I had test driven a Z4, but wanted to move to something a little more refined an quiet. The 530i is, as you would expect, a driving pleasure. I have the sports option, which is highly effective in this generation, and includes the "drive by wire" steering, popularly known as racing steering, and yes, iDrive. I have enjoyed the entire experience thoroughly, and have not been disappointed except in the reliability and consistency of the iDrive computer and the run flat tires. Also, the steering wheel was delivered off center to the right about 15 degrees. First service is coming up and I will asking them to center it.

Jaseng
By Jaseng on 12/11/04 02:44 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent automobile. I cannot be more happy than I am with the BMW 5 Series. It has everything I could want and need with it. I will continue to be a loyal BMW owner.

This car is a blast
By bmw_new on 12/11/04 00:40 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the ultimate driving machine. No question about it. I test drove many luxury cars before deciding on this. Boy, am I glad! I dont want to mention the most obvious thing about the precision and acceleration, I want to talk about iDrive -- the thing throw most people off initially. In my opinion, this is a revolutionary feature. I mastered it in 40 mintues and can now program everything in my car. Hats off!!! And, last but not the least, this is the most fun car to drive. You want to take a detour if you could just to stay longer in the car.

The best car on the market
By John H. in Ca. on 12/05/04 13:17 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Everything considered, I really think this is one of the best cars on the road today. It is so fun to drive and I get compliments all the time. I've only had it for 3 weeks, and haven't had 1 thing go wrong or found anything not working as it should, except the garage door opening device, although, I haven't really read up on that yet. I've driven BMW's now for 15 years and they just keep getting beter and better.

Wings missing
By Alexander Foch on 12/05/04 08:46 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Owned a 540i touring for ever and waited for the new 545 tourer. Just got the new toy. The boys from Munich managed to do an even better job, again. It´s amazing. My wife doesn´t care for cars at all, but she loves to ´borrow´ my flying carpet. If you have money to burn, here´s a great cause. And it doesn´t look as its price tag may suggest - a feature I truly like about this monster in sheep skin.

Wow !
By susan on 12/02/04 05:03 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The 545 is my first BMW. I am thrilled with it's performance. Sport package, sound system, head up display etc. makes the drive fun.

Pretty but a Pain in the ___.
By hyeonlyfe on 12/01/04 17:56 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a fun driving mid-size sedan but the "new" computer driven BMW is not at all perfected yet. We have taken it back to the dealership for so many different computer glitches that my wife knows the service personel by name. I would not recommend buying this car for another year or so. Maybe they will have all the kinks worked out of the system by then. PS The cup holders suck.

By Mikey_One on 11/24/04 10:10 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first foray into a German car. And after careful consideration and several test drives, I selected the 5 series over the redesigned Audi A6. Previously, I had owned an Infiniti. Well, one week, I am extremely impressed with the smooth ride and how much fun it is to drive. (The dealer told me not to go over 70mph for the first 1,000 miles which is a drag!). The car handles turns with precision, acclerates quickly and is so comfortable when doing highway driving. The idrive complexity is clearly overrated, I played the Drivers Manual CD for 45 minutes and quickly mastered it. Fun and exciting to drive!