2005 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Satisfied 525 owner
By Boston driver on 02/18/05 16:08 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is the 3rd BMW I have owned. I traded up from two consecutive 3 series coupes. This car is just as much fun to drive as my prior BMWs. Performance, reliability and looks are unparalled. iDrive is easy once you get used to it; a 6th grader could figure it out! Only complaint is the ridiculously placed cupholders.

Great Car
By EC530 on 02/13/05 18:17 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After owning Benzes for 10 years, I was a little hesitant about owning a 530, but my apprehension was misplaced. This is a great car, handles much better than the Benz and the fit and finish is superb. This car handles like it is on tracks with little roll. I feel very safe in the car and iDrive is very easy to use. Geting close to 30mpg on the highway much to my suprise. I love it!

Still the best
By HJCrowley on 02/12/05 19:18 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series 545i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third 5, and the first 8 cylinder version I've owned. Great engine, solidly built car, and the best mid-sized luxury sedan available. My only regret is that the 545 in the non-sport model configuration only offers an automatic transmission - not as fun as my previous manual but if I had to take an auto, I couldn't have done better than this. I heard so many negative comments about i- drive, I was prepared for the worst. Now that I use it, I can't imagine what people were talking about. It's very intuitive, and gives me greater control over the vehicle and my driving experience. BMW will be vindicated as having been ahead-of-the curve on this groundbreaking interface.

New 530i
By rrtke on 02/08/05 10:21 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is absolutely fantastic. I have waited along time to make this purchase and "justify" it, if you ever can. The car is better than even imagined it would be.

My Second 5 series
By Mike H. on 02/03/05 21:53 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just traded my 2004 525i for a 2005 530i..no need to say I like the 5's since I moved into the 530 after only a year. More power and much better tires than on the 04 model. If you are shopping for a car in this class, check this car out, it is quite elegant & comfortable! Issues with the 04 525, cupholders, transmission skipping a bit, had 2 recalls within 1 year... the 2005 I have now has a very badly misaligned hood that will require adjusting. Contacted BMW to voice concern over the poor fit and finish that is so unlike BMW, otherwise, happy as can be with the car

Best car I have ever owned.
By Dennis on 02/03/05 13:58 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in an 04 Merz C-320 for this car. Best trade I ever made. This is an all around outstanding car. The car handles well is comfortable and quiet. I have the luxury package and the sport package. Both options are worth the money.

Best Car I've ever Owned
By Tom on 02/01/05 13:57 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I thought the 5-series was out of my price range, but because I own an business and leased for 3 years I was able to easily afford one. I like the comfort and look inside, the width of the seats, and the excellent ride. Only problem so far has been a flat which made me want the run-flat tire. Fuel mileage has been better than expected and snow performance has been fine. Good sound system and I find the iDrive easy to use. Whenever I am in other cars I notice the multitude of ugly buttons and appreciate the clean design. Display is easily readable in any light.

A Great Surprise
By HiHoMike on 01/27/05 15:24 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

After owning Mercedes, Lexus, Infinti, Cadillac, Acura, etc., after driving the 525i, it sold itself. Handling, style, comfort, reliability and service are superior. This is my first bimmer, and it won't be my last

On top of E-Class!
By sdvoudouris on 01/22/05 14:04 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Outstanding road characteristics, very pleasant even at long journeys, the i- drive is very practical and simple, the best engine, very good interior space and luggage compartment. Don't compare it to the E-Class! Nothing can be compared to the 5 star 5 SERIES!

Incredible Car
By SF Bay Area Driver on 01/18/05 19:44 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is absolutely fantastic. I've had it only three weeks and I get excited every time I back it out of the garage. Love the looks, both inside and out. Interior finish is superb and very comfortable --lots of leg room and great seats. Drive is phenomenal, and the automatic transmission shifts so smoothly. My wife and I argue over who is going to drive! This is my first BMW, and it definitely won't be my last!