2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Fun to Drive & Look @
By 2097400128 on 05/17/12 10:53 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Great fun car to drive, looks great, but everytime i go to the dealership, they find something that is not under the certified pre owned warranty, and had the car 2 1/2 yrs, replaced run flats 3 times, very expensive tires, 0 miles warranty, finally last time i just went and bought 2 michellin tires for the back which were same as 1 run flat, and had 45k warranty on the full replacement, not pro rated, full free replacement, only thing i am affraid off is that i have no room for a spare in the trunk, so if i get a flat i have to get the car towed, guess i will just buy a tire inflator pump for the road, and get it towed at Bmw roadside expense if i get a flat.

Great Sports Car Alternative
By Steve on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've driven this car for 2 years and have nothing but accolades for it. the 335i is a fantastic looking car with compliments galore. Having owned a Honda s2000 sports car, I know the difference between a blue blood and a true blood. What the 335i offers is power with flat-out speed and agility to make the quick dodge or turn if you need it. The comfort for two is plush with every convenience. This is a car you drive cross-country to an art show in SF and feel you are a part of the rich and famous. Of course, with a new $ tag of close to $70k with all the do- dads, you are. However, it is not a ultra nimble S2000, so sticking to a super tight turn with the peddle to the metal is not advised.

Ouch Ride
By Disappointed on 07/08/09 15:57 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had the car less than a month when I hit a pot hole on the Long Beach Freeway popping one tire and bending two rims. The ride is horrible when going over small bumps and it bottoms out on small speed bumps. I had to replace both rear tires at 20,000 miles as they were completely worn through on the inside. The dealer helped with this due to the earlier problem, but the tires should last much longer. There is no window switch in the back seat! The rear seat passengers have to ask the driver to lower or raise the window. The car is beautiful, but I'm glad I'm leasing it because it's going back at the end of the lease!

Hard to beat a Bimmer
By Mr. Bill on 06/26/09 17:53 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Now four months into the ownership experience and really happy with this vehicle. Superb power. Drop dead gorgeous looks. Nothing handles better. Bought used and saved big bucks.

Great Fun, but...
By Luckyme on 05/22/09 11:14 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The 335i Convertible is a great year round car. Hardtop is splendid, and top down is, well an ideal convertible experience. Performance with the 300HP Twin Turbo is seamless and strong. Nice exhaust note. Would not recommend the Sport Package. Tires are different sized front to rear and terrible runflats (Bridgestones). They were OK until about 7000 miles and then feathered, cupped and droned all the time. Awful experience, dealer and BMW were not helpful. Beware, these tires on Sport Package cannot be rotated and the Run Flats ruined my BMW experience. Never again. Otherwise, car is great, but tires are so important as that is your contact with the road. Shame on BMW for using that tire.

Ultimate Tanning Machine
By William on 03/21/09 04:02 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just bought this car 10 days ago and chose it over a 2006 Corvette LT3 convertible. Styling is conservatively aggressive and should be appealing for a long time. Engine is really strong and I'm enjoying using the paddle shifters. Highest quality interior of any 3 I've ever had and this is my fifth one. More technology in this car than I will ever use, but it's fun to have it. Hard to believe but this car listed for over $60K and I got it for approximately two-thirds of that. My first service experience was pleasant and I'm a big fan of BMW's comprehensive service for the first four years or 50,000 miles.

Get rid of Run Flats
By Budd on 11/26/08 13:59 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The car looks great, top up or down. It’s quiet. You can have a normal conversation even with the top down. It has a comfortable cockpit feel and is fun to drive. My biggest complaint is the Run Flat Tires. My car has the sport package with different size tires on the back. Picking up a small nail at 800 miles, I learned that BMW and Firestone would not repair it, a new tire cost $350 plus and neither had it in stock. The car does not come with a spare or a jack. If you get a flat, pray that you’re close to home because you can only drive 50 miles and then you are stuck, probably for days. I bought a spare wheel and tire. With a second flat at 4000 miles, I put regular tires on.

BMW
By Gabriele Moison on 08/20/08 09:37 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We purchased this beauty and love the car. The only problem we have is that the convertible top is not working like it suppose to. It has been in the shop 4 times since we purchased the vehicle. The first time it was a computer chip where they literally had to take out the back seat. Then it was another computer glitch and now the top when it is closed makes noises. The runflats I am not impressed, the ride is rough when you hit a bump and then the tire light comes on. Other then that we love the car.

This Convertible is Fun to Drive
By sunny21 on 07/12/08 12:11 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The look of this vehicle is one of the best. Definitely a head turner. I had a problem with the top; minor issue. I also got a flat tire on those less than par run-flat tires. Luckily I had purchased the warranty so I was reimbursed for the high price tag. Not sure impractical in AZ. All in all great car!!

Fun car but below average
By quidycat on 03/03/08 17:51 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought the car in 5/07. The hardtop has been fixed once. The seatbelt metal clip put a few dents and scratches on the inside of driver's door. Driver seat is uncomfortable despite adjustment. Run flat tires are heavy and don't perform so well. No room for spare tire. iDrive freezes up occasionally and service dept can't duplicate it, and therefore they can't fix it. "Engine malfunction, reduced power" came on at 21000 miles in 10 months, now pending repair.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.