2004 Acura RSX Consumer Review: I'll keep mine, thank you!

2004 Acura RSX Hatchback - Consumer Review

2004 Acura RSX Hatchback

I'll keep mine, thank you!
By charlew on

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 4 year lease will end in June of '08, and I plan on keeping this car until it starts to rust. Buy-out is well below the car's value. I thought is was just me w/the quirky 2nd gear, but I see others have noticed it, too. Dependably 320 miles per tank (26-27 mpg in city driving). Super reliability - I had brake pads replaced a week ago, even though the originals still had about 3 months left on them. Could have leased it for 4 years & never changed the brakes. Love the VTEC sound, enjoy the handling, especially when I have the chance to cut loose on a twisty. At 6'4" and 220, I fit comfortably, but nobody ever rides in the back! A few body chirps in the cold,and stereo needs upgraded.

Reliability! Also, 10-14 days between fill-ups is very nice these days. After 4 years, still fun to drive - best handling car I've owned. 5 speed is a must to get the most from the VTEC, plus it saves the brakes.

A little more insulation in the body to cut down road noise, and a higher quality stereo. I'll be taking care of the radio/CD with aftermarket products once I buy out the lease.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review