Used 2002 Acura NSX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Acura Nsx - Consumer Reviews

2002 Acura NSX Coupe

View reviews for a specific NSX model:

2 year follow up
By Easygo711

2002 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

It's been 2 years and 17,000 miles since my last review of my 2002 NSX. This car has 28,000 miles on it and is amazing. I have not spent a cent on the car except for normal maintenance and an upgrade to a Comptec exhaust system. I didn't notice a change in performance, just a better exhaust sound. I just had an oil change and the tech said I still had 60% left on the brakes. There are no squeaks or rattles and everything works perfectly. I will need to replace the tires soon. The short throw shifter and 6 speed are a pleasure to drive. A tip of the hat to Acura and this car. It's no wonder that used NSXes hold their value.

Favorite Features

The looks (very exotic), reliability, ride and handling. Gas mileage averages 19.5 in town and 24 on the highway. We don't baby the car, we drive it to enjoy it. My wife took it to Costco and had to take the top off to get the paper towels in it. The fit and finish are amazing.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower, but again who doesn't want more H.P.

Best Honda/Acura Yet!!
By mostafa nosrati

2002 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

very fun vehicle, would definetly buy another, looking forward to the new model comming out in late 2008, a fast vehicle, fun, quick, very responcive, and threlling.

Favorite Features

Mid Engine, please do not change this feature on the new model. Over all shape.

Suggested Improvements

Faster, more horse power, just a tad bit longer, glass cover engine compartment, dual air intakes, quicker, and better color options.

Excellent Overall Sports Car
By Dyno Dave

2002 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Great Looks, Great Performance, Fantastic Reliability, I've had this car over 3 years and other than normal maintenance, not a cent of repairs. No squeaks or rattles. This car gets looks from everyone. Bumper to bumper traffic, mountain roads or high speed runs. Just a blast to drive.

Favorite Features

The 6 speed transmission and short throw shifter. Very comfortable on long drives. The frim, but smooth ride. 20 MPG around town. The looks it gets from other sports car drivers. Truck holds a set of golf clubs.

Suggested Improvements

In dash CD. 6 CD changer is in the truck.

My 2nd NSX
By Easygo711

2002 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The thrill and performance of a Ferrari and the reliability of a Honda. This car can be a daily driver and it won't break the bank. This is my 2nd. NSX. My previous one was a green 1996. I sold it with 62,000 miles and the car was tight with no problems. I bought my 2002 with 11,000 miles. I wanted a red one and wanted the 3.2 and 6 speed. My buddy has a Porsche and he said it costs him more than his ex- wife. I drove Vipers, Corvettes and Porsches. I feel the NSX out did them all. In overall driveability, quality and fun factor. My wife loves to drive it. And you don't see one on every corner. IT'S A TRUE EXOTIC.

Favorite Features

The fits my driving style like a glove. It's like 2 cars. Up to 4,000 RPM. And from 4,000 up to red line at 8,000 RPM. Every place I go people stop me to make comments on the looks and style. I suggest buying a used one with low mileage. The factory warranty and the dealers are excellent.

Suggested Improvements

I'm changing the exhaust system to a Comtech for a more aggressive sound. I have also had the factory wheels polished and chromed. More horsepower? But who doesn't need more power. I've had the car up to 160MPH and it was still pulling. But I hit my speed limit. (Nerve).

Excellence at a price
By RPM217

2002 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I came out of a 2000 C5 convertible, it was a great car, I wanted something different, this is clearly different. People ask me to compare the two, I tell them that the Vette was brute force, and the NSX is pure finesse. The torque advantage of the Vette is obvious, but the 0-60 times are not that different between the two. The NSX is so much more "tossable" and you don't feel close to the "limit" on the street. It's a blast, and people don't know what it is, even after 12+ years

Favorite Features

The looks and stares and fingers pointing as I drive buy. My smile when I'm driving it. The ability to handle whatever the road demands. Exotica with dependability

Suggested Improvements

In order to hang with the other cars in the class, it does need more horsespower. A few modern improvements, ie. outside temperature guage, HUD, auto up windows, standard CD player, tire pressure monitors, auto trunk release, door storage compartments, more stereo speakers