Front Seat
By heather52 on
2014 Acura MDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
If you are vertically challenged this is not the car for you. I test drove the 2013, seat adjusted fine. The 2014 is a whole different story. The front seat does not adjust to where a more petite person like myself can see adequately to drive it. Something to be aware of. My new suv is now my husband's. When ordering in the 2014 I never thought that this would be a factor.
By pmafromca
on 08/17/13 12:32 PM (PDT)

Is yours an AWD or the 2-wheel drive, FWD? We are in California and dont really need an AWD, so just confused between an AWD and a FWD. The ride seemed to be better on a FWD. If you have a FWD, what is your experience? Was that a factor in your buying decision?

By doninatlanta
on 07/23/13 08:23 AM (PDT)

I too am not that tall. Can you tell me how tall you are that the seat does not work for you? Thanks.

By zatmeen
on 08/19/13 18:16 PM (PDT)

pmafromca: The SH-AWD system is tried and true and very reliable, but if you don't need all wheel drive, don't buy it. It's an added expense and a potential future maintenance and wear issue. The ride is better in the FWD because you're not pulling around all the extra linkage that's related to driving all four wheels versus only two. However, all wheel drive does benefit you in more than just snow; the added traction will help in rainy conditions, gravel or sand, and in high-speed maneuvers such as passing and quick unplanned lane changes or emergency situations, etc. The gas mileage penalty alone isn't great enough to be a deciding factor, though, in my opinion.

By mdx081
on 09/19/14 11:56 AM (PDT)

My wife is 4'10" and has no problems with it, she loves the car.