Used 2002 Acura MDX Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

I have better cars.
By Barry

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We currently have 133,000 miles. We have replaced far too many things to say this is a used car best buy. The tranny went at 99k, motor mounts at 110k, wheel bearings at 99k, shocks and struts at 115k, rear heater stopped working at 80k, it's starting to rust in the wheel wells and the list goes on. The motor mounts and tranny are a known issue on these cars. RECALL IT! Dealer said to me "Hey, you got your use out of them". I didn't realize parts expired..

Ride (once everything is fixed) and interior comfort.

Tranny and motor mount recall.

2002 Acura MDX
By Mad in Big D

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought an MDX. The transmission died within 30 days! 4500.00 to fix! NO MORE ACURAS for me. And, it is the SECOND time! First replacement was in 2004

Fix the transmission issues. A so called "luxury" car with tranny issues like this one is absolutely without excuse.

Best mid-size suv on the market period!!
By Mickey

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my MDX and would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone. The styling, features, performance capabilities on this vehicle was everything I could have hoped for. Driving the MDX you feel like your in control of the road. It hugs the turns like a race car. The MDX is sporty, safe, and very roomy inside. I love my MDX!!

Everything about this SUV is my favorite.

There is really nothing I could suggest on improving the MDX, it's really that good of a vehicle.

Very Happy
By WeTwo

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After five years we still love this car. It has been totally reliable, handles well, has sufficient power for freeway driving and has a surprisingly tight turning radius for its size. Last, but not least, this MDX has extremely comfortable seating in the front and second row (we have never used the 3rd row). We would recommend it highly. We expect ours to be carrying us around for many years to come.

Tight turning radius. Very comfortable front and second row seating. Smooth, level and safe cargo area for our large dogs.

decent car...Terrible transmission
By JohnA.Feer

2002 Acura MDX SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a good car short term. After my second year owning this car a bunch of lights came up on the dashboard. After getting it checked, weeks later the transmission starting to fail. acura has honda products including the transmission, and honda is known for the worst transmission. The car starting bucking and did not get into gear, and would have trouble reversing. Very comfy, nice options, but just bad transmission, and sunroof.

6 disk Cd changer, heated seats