1994 Acura Legend Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
Why did Acura Stop Making This?
By alexgutfleish on 05/17/11 17:42 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I recently inherited my grandmother's 1994 Acura Legend, which only has 42,300 on the odometer. Overall the car is great, I love the handling, the acceleration, and the rear visibility is fantastic for a sedan of that size. The only things I dislike are the automatic transmission, which bucks when going from first to second. Also, the car does not get the best fuel economy and requires premium fuel, which isn't the best when gas is $4.20-4.50 a gallon. Finally, in terms of technology its "outdated" (It has a cassette player and no GPS). Other than that I love it. Great car!

Walking could not be cheaper!
By David Dahbura on 02/14/10 07:59 AM (PST)

1994 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I bought this car after leaving my business card on the windsheild in a parking lot. The car was perfect despite the miles which did not scare me. It has been FLAWLESS, it has had the usual preventative maintenance done but otherwise NOTHING has ever needed repairing. My only gripes are the LOW (very low) front bumper which seems to catch on everything and has now been repaired countless times and the too low driving position, but in defense of the later, I think my age and bum knee are more to blame than the car. I have calculated my costs for this car which I paid $3,000 for, and I assure you, I could not have walked the same distance cheaper than this car has cost. I want another one ASAP

An excellent, well-rounded car.
By tractor on 01/28/10 12:44 PM (PST)

1994 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

This car really did give the owners about everything they could need when new, and even as old as it is, it still doesn't disappoint. I've added a few touches here and there like a new stereo system and a short shifter and exhaust and those keep the car fresh. It really is a joy to drive. It allows for a sporty character and 4-door practicality. This car will perform if you know how to shift the 6-spd. Also, a suspension and brake upgrade will keep you happy. Keep on top of maintenance, especially with the cooling system and you will be pleased!

Best car ever owned
By CarlD on 05/05/09 10:09 AM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 94 Legend GS from my father in law with 187000 mi on it. He kept it in top shape. Every service was done on schedule and at the dealer. I have since done the same and now have over 340000 mi on it. It is fun to drive and a great looking car. Acura needs to bring back the Legend. I have a 99 RL and enjoy driving the Legend more. Everything on the car works. Have only had to do normal repair work. Engine still strong and burns no oil and passes emissions with no problem. Love this car!

Awesomeness
By justASK1 on 07/30/08 16:10 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car has aggressive, yet smooth styling, and is very good-looking inside and out. Great for the value: I think the car is awesome. Many great features like heated leather seats, heated mirrors, 4 wheel abs disc brakes, fully automatic climate control, 6 disc cd changer, etc. Mileage is somewhat poor, but that's to be expected since the car weighs 3500 pounds and has a drag coefficient of .34 (not very aerodynamic even for a sedan). I believe the poor mileage is also due to the ambiguity of the 4-speed automatic transmission, and although the car has a lockup torque- converter, the fact that the engine was mounted longitudinally contributes to power losses in drivetrain.

14 years old and looking great
By SJB on 06/20/08 20:24 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I always was allured by the body style of the Legend. Even after the fact that it is a 14 yr old car the design is unsurpassed. The Legend was way ahead of it's time. I bought this car with 120k and the motor is as if it was off the showroom floor. It squaks the tires from 1st to 2nd gear, without me trying. It is luxury and sport wrapped into one. 'Nough said!!!

Last Forever?
By Order the Schnitzel on 06/10/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I have had only the most minor of problems with this car: the little plate at the top of the shifter that tells where the gears are fell off, I had to replace the radiator twice, everything else was normal wear and tear. Why would anyone want to pay upwards of $20K to get a new car? Is the GPS or XM radio that important? Get the portable versions for cryin out loud.

A true Legend-should bring em' back
By UNITY on 04/18/08 22:04 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I may be biased but this car is phenomenal! Everyone who sees my car thinks it's a much newer model than it really is and I let them believe it. Even my mechanic is surprised at what good shape this 14 year old car is in. This car has torque. Parts are expensive but who cares 'cause if you take good care of it the car probably won't break down anyway. An all around good, stylish, dependable, comfortable, reliable car & girls love it. Thank you Honda.

Best car I came across!
By Clo on 04/09/08 20:50 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

This car has given me everything I could ever asked for! I am running on 300k miles and counting the only problems I have encountered are fuel pump relay, starter, and alternator! With that many miles what else can I ask for.

Great Car
By Chuck on 03/27/08 14:57 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This has to be one of the greatest cars ever made. I bought it in 2002 with 120k miles and have had nearly no problems. As long as you maintain it regularly, this car will last a long time. I'm still driving it to this day.

1 2 3 4 5 next »