Used 1993 Acura Legend Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

1993 Acura Legend Coupe

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

Reliable engine, the rest-lacking
By Paul

1993 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

With about 126,000 miles currently the car doesn't have a great deal of wear on the engine. I have never had a problem with the engine. However I have had problems with various other non-mechancial parts on the vehicle. Replacements include: driver's side door handle with electronics, master cylinder and ignition switch. All of those with installation totalled $1000 plus. The engine is fairly powerful for the time period, however the gas mileage is decent at best. I average 16-18 mpg in a suburban area and on the highway 25-30. The ride is smooth but somewhat unresponsive. Turns are clumsy and makes the car feel heavy. Interior is rather plush for the base model.

Favorite Features

Engine power, comfortable seats, car design, power seats and large trunk

Suggested Improvements

Well since the Legend was replaced in 1996 this is pointless, but nonetheless I would increase gas mileage, shorten the length of the car, make more leg room for the back seat, decrease weight, change to a rear wheel drive, make tilt standard, build them in Japan not the U.S.

Age is only a number.
By lilmswrenchit

1993 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I've had 2 Acura Legends and have absolutely loved them both. Age has not deteriorated the beauty of an incredible car and even at almost 30 years old it holds that sophisticated beauty. Sharp looking and magnificient to drive there is nothing like it. They need to make a new one that will stand the test of time like these ones have.

Favorite Features

I like everything about the 2 door coupe.

Suggested Improvements

As a mechanic by trade the only thing I can say is I bow my head.

Now My Weekender, But Still My Favorite
By Acural53

1993 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

A timeless style, excellent build quality, classy coupe. Runs like all get out when pushed, very fast. Of my 3 vehicles, it is my preferred choice. Gorgeous dash at night. Parts not cheap, can be very expensive if not maintained properly. But if you keep it running properly, it will give you hundreds of thousands of miles of pure passion and pleasure. My LS 400 is my daily driver, it's a wonderful car, but come the weekend, I'm gone in my Legend. It is like no other car I have owned, and I have had many of them. And when I'm out driving in the coupe, my wife just bites her nails, LOL!

Favorite Features

Styling, Bose stereo, stance, tight tolerances, fit and finish, dash layout, material quality, engine torque and horses, tranny, overall ride.

Suggested Improvements

Seat bolsters tend to lose leather over time (every Legend I have seen has this problem) from entry/exit, mileage could be better, can overheat (blown head gaskets a potential problem), parts expensive (if something breaks, it's going to cost you to fix).

Still a dedicated owner after a Decade
By Michele Lisor

1993 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

It was purchased originally in 1996 from a family member then transfered to me so it has been well kept for quite sometime. Maintaining the vehicle has been average tires are not fun to purchase due to specialized size. But I still say, "Luuuuv my car!" I am having a fuel system issue. When I turn key to start, once I've let go of key it does not stay running. If key is continuously turned to the start position it wants to turn over but will not stay running.

Favorite Features

Electronic seat adjustment features, memory settings, etc. Original stereo equipment was awesome. But after I had it professionaly upgraded and replaced tape deck with a cd player/stereo and all speakers replaced as well the sound system is 10X's improved.

I LOVE MY LEGEND!
By DavisD

1993 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love my legend. It now has 226,000 miles on it and it is atill running great! Quiet, luxurious ride on the highway and still has great performance. Great blend of luxury and performance.

Favorite Features

ride quality

Suggested Improvements

Could Be a little faster :), and fuel economy isnt the best :(