1990 Acura Legend Consumer Review: They can't all be winners

1990 Acura Legend - Consumer Review

L Coupe (2.7L V6 5-speed Manual)

They can't all be winners
By ceo_mr_man on

1990 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

Every time I drive this car, I wish I hadn't bought it. It had 145,000 miles, so I expected to make some repairs. I've replaced the motor, the master cylinder, the alternator, the radio, some calipers, and inumerable other things. It's on its third transmission. The power seat is stuck, the seat memory broke, the ABS motor is shot, the power windows are broken, and the power antenna is stuck down. The A/C compressor is dead, the vent only vents hot air, and the car reeks of exhaust when the windows are down, as they have to be, given the above problems. There are too many more things wrong with this car to list. Oh, and it's rusting out badly.

I love the strong engine, excellent handling, and very good visibility. The seats are very comfortable and the headrests are actually functional unlike any older Amercian car I've ever seen. It looks great, and people complement it frequently. It has a huge trunk, too.

If it didn't break down CONSTANTLY, that would be nice. Also, its designed for little people, not big Americans.