Used 1990 Acura Legend L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

Our first Acura: 25 year old '89 Legend with only 15k miles. Love it!
By kcbobo

1990 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I love this car! Our first Acura is a 25-year-old Legend L with only 15k miles. Like a time machine, it's new inside and out. Was purchased new in '89 by a family member. Always garaged and dealer-maintained, it had been sitting in a garage unmoved for 4 years. Trailered it home, drained fluids, replaced belts, tires, a few hoses and this baby is wonderful. One of the best cars we've owned, powerful and luxurious. Automatic trans shifts smoothly, quiet on the highway, great road manners. Well-mannered is the best description for this car. It moves capably and confidently, handles well and was built to last. Bravo to the Honda engineers...they certainly got it right on this one!

The leather seats are comfortable, the suspension is taut and crisp, and the interior appointments are well-designed and functional. The remote radio control is particularly fun.

Wish they'd built them with a passenger airbag back then, but that was to come later.

What A CAR!!!!!
By jonathan11

1990 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

When I got this car, it was like mid-september. I really didn''t know how to react with it, but the more i got to drive it, te more attached i am with it. I've driven lots of cars in the passed, but none that can put up with the Legend. around 69000 miles, throttle response= amazing, and now just adding stuff that can repesent on who i am. a biggie it has, its that its never been under roof, so all the paint is faded, and the tod rear back seats are burned, but really dont matter. braking very smooth and right when you need it, and going up hill, you feel the power of the engine, its just amazing!

The radio is one of them, even though its cassette, but you can ajust teh bass and treble, but more into detail, not like cars now, which they take the entire bass and treble panels individually and adjust it like that. The acceleration, my car is automatic, yet feels like a manual. The steering, quick response, very smooth with no pain.

However the exhaust could use an overhauling, doesn't quite put up with the engine. also big loooong tail lights, well, not very attractive. And could use maybe some 16 inch alloy rims, instead of 15's. and the headlights dont go very far, and the high beams look like if it was a 2011 car. Not the Best car to drive at night, lack of visibility, and could have more horsepower, around 165, instead of 141. Doesnt seem like a lot, but a lot of that difference is on the exhaust, engine capacity, and fuel consumption

Truly Legendary
By My Legend

1990 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I love my car, the performance and handling are superb. Rear leather seats are very cracked, but I don't sit in the back! Had 183000 miles on it when I purchased it 4 years ago, and now there's 210000! I'm buying another one with 300000 miles. I love this car.

Performance and handling. The cd player and of course the moon roof!

cant think of any.

I Looooove This Car!!!
By BDCarguy

1990 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I just bought this car for my first car about 2 months ago and I must say I am very pleased with it all the way around. To my surprise and delight I found out that a 19 year old car with 230k miles can still kick on the highway. The torque produced by the low volume V-6 makes this car jump off the line like no other! I don't think I've seen another front wheel drive car that can burn out. I had to drive it hard for a while just to break it in and get a feel for it and found that it is surprisingly easy to chirp the tires into second and I even heard a squeak into third. The comfort factor on the seats has to be a nine but the lack of cup holders is disappointing...

V-6 with a 5 speed (wooot!). The seats are comfy enough and the power adjusting driver seat and steering wheel are nice too. Also the large trunk space makes this a good all occasion car.

Needs cup holders!!! (Where am I supposed to put my Pina Colada Slurpy from 7-11?) Also This car should have come with a stock turbo, this engine could be crankin 350 HP with maybe a 1 atm turbo.

2nd owner of driving machine
By Jaleut

1990 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

Wife & I found this GEM (43k miles @ $17,676) when a nice business lady turned it in to upgrade. Aside from the usual maintenance, this car performed flawlessly until 189k when one main bearing froze which required an engine replacement (33k on replacement). Replaced alternator, starter and radiator and some suspension parts from 189k to 284k at which time replaced timing belt, water pump and gaskets on valve covers, front crank and oil pan. Also replaced right drive CV. It would be a shame to give up on this work-horse of a vehicle that is only subject to components that wear out with heavy driving. Wish I could be confident of the new technology when it arrives in 2010 when I may buy.

Get up and GO! Great interior (no cup holders, but understand that this was intended). Great ride. Never let me down on a long trip.

Better windshield mechanicals. Had to replace components.