1990 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
Our first Acura: 25 year old '89 Legend with only 15k miles. Love it!
By kcbobo on 07/16/14 12:42 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I love this car! Our first Acura is a 25-year-old Legend L with only 15k miles. Like a time machine, it's new inside and out. Was purchased new in '89 by a family member. Always garaged and dealer-maintained, it had been sitting in a garage unmoved for 4 years. Trailered it home, drained fluids, replaced belts, tires, a few hoses and this baby is wonderful. One of the best cars we've owned, powerful and luxurious. Automatic trans shifts smoothly, quiet on the highway, great road manners. Well-mannered is the best description for this car. It moves capably and confidently, handles well and was built to last. Bravo to the Honda engineers...they certainly got it right on this one!

What A CAR!!!!!
By jonathan11 on 10/23/11 21:57 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

When I got this car, it was like mid-september. I really didn''t know how to react with it, but the more i got to drive it, te more attached i am with it. I've driven lots of cars in the passed, but none that can put up with the Legend. around 69000 miles, throttle response= amazing, and now just adding stuff that can repesent on who i am. a biggie it has, its that its never been under roof, so all the paint is faded, and the tod rear back seats are burned, but really dont matter. braking very smooth and right when you need it, and going up hill, you feel the power of the engine, its just amazing!

Truly Legendary
By My Legend on 01/01/10 22:52 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I love my car, the performance and handling are superb. Rear leather seats are very cracked, but I don't sit in the back! Had 183000 miles on it when I purchased it 4 years ago, and now there's 210000! I'm buying another one with 300000 miles. I love this car.

I Looooove This Car!!!
By BDCarguy on 05/15/09 12:14 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I just bought this car for my first car about 2 months ago and I must say I am very pleased with it all the way around. To my surprise and delight I found out that a 19 year old car with 230k miles can still kick on the highway. The torque produced by the low volume V-6 makes this car jump off the line like no other! I don't think I've seen another front wheel drive car that can burn out. I had to drive it hard for a while just to break it in and get a feel for it and found that it is surprisingly easy to chirp the tires into second and I even heard a squeak into third. The comfort factor on the seats has to be a nine but the lack of cup holders is disappointing...

2nd owner of driving machine
By Jaleut on 11/16/08 11:50 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

Wife & I found this GEM (43k miles @ $17,676) when a nice business lady turned it in to upgrade. Aside from the usual maintenance, this car performed flawlessly until 189k when one main bearing froze which required an engine replacement (33k on replacement). Replaced alternator, starter and radiator and some suspension parts from 189k to 284k at which time replaced timing belt, water pump and gaskets on valve covers, front crank and oil pan. Also replaced right drive CV. It would be a shame to give up on this work-horse of a vehicle that is only subject to components that wear out with heavy driving. Wish I could be confident of the new technology when it arrives in 2010 when I may buy.

Tuly a Legend
By Larry on 12/29/07 07:25 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

Honda built these cars and never again matched their performance, height, balance, economy, space efficiency, durability, and fun to drive quotient. WE had this car from 122K to 180K and just got a '08 Accord to replace it. I am not a happy camper - no more sport mode transmission, no more multi - link double wishbone rear suspension, no more silky smooth v-6 that even at 180K would happily sing to is redline and still go 120+ with ease. What an engine that 2.7 liter was- and 161 HP??? Please - NO WAY. This car would fly, and 80-100 on the interstate? In a snap. Fantastic car and I miss her already - after only one day. she'll forever be a yardstick against which I measure others.

Just a few minor quirks. Love the car
By Amelia42188 on 11/10/07 18:50 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I got the Acura legend about a year and a half ago. I've driven it across country 3 times already. Its a 1990, and when I bought it it probably had 150,000 miles on it, now its in the mid 70's but its been great. The only major problem i've had is the alternator dying. Other than that its just an amazing car, fun to drive. I guess there are a few things, it makes a weird noise when I turn, and i have to replace the breaks now, as well as the exhaust but it does have a lot of miles on it so i guess that kind of stuff can be expected.

A gem
By Larry Gorman on 02/01/07 09:40 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

Got a '90 Legend for our younger son in 2000 with 122K, one owner car. Now we own it and it has 171K. We LOVE this car. Not the fastest or best handling, but that engine still sings and it does not want to run less than 80 on the interstate - she will still do 100 in a snap. Ride, comfort and balance are excellent, and it is so LOW - the lowest 4 door sedan I have seen in a long time. We are looking UP at other people all the time - I like it. Will be a sad day indeed when it comes time to let go of her which is fast approaching. That second timing belt/water pump change is hard to justify for such an old car. The 2.7 liter first series Legend, is one of the best cars ever made, IMHO.

Love My Acura
By Steven J Casey on 01/07/05 10:35 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

Yes, it's a very low mileage car, so consider that. But for 15 years it has been flawless -- best car we ever owned. We have had several others in those years, but still have this one because we can't think of selling it.

Great Long-Term Car
By Homie-D on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

2nd Acura Legend Owned. Bought at 100k. Great mechanical engine with only minor repairs till 200k. Car is 13 yrs old now - so things are finally needing repair - A/C / brakes / etc... BUT - no major engine or transmission troubles. Leather seats are severly cracked. Have know other Legends to run upwards of 300k miles. At 13 years old - can expect to have some repairs - but happy they are not huge $s.