1996 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
I am in love with my car!!
By LittleTibbs on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I bought my car, used, about six months ago. Coming from an '86 Toyota Celica, I feel absolutely spoiled in my Integra. The ride is smooth, the fuel economy fantastic, and even at 8 years old, the car is slick. I love the 32 mpg with all the driving I do, and the reliability keeps maintenance down to a minimum. Now, if I drive another car, I can really feel the difference-- I miss the get- up- and- go and quick turns I've become acustomed to in my car. I'll definitely stay with the Acuras!

i'll miss it
By Nick A on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback Special Edition 2dr Hatchback

I just purchased a new jag and have to let this car go. i bought it new and have never owned a better car. i have owned over 20. fit and finnish is still perfect, and the car is still fun to drive. a starter, battery, tires and oil changes are all i have had to do with this car.

Still Going Strong
By ACIN on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Just another satisfied owner. With plenty of acceleration for fun or slipping through traffic, the GS-R is a car for drivers. I bought mine new eight years ago and I'm still satisfied. Following the standard maintenance recommendation (more or less), I haven't had a single problem in my 100K+ miles.

It's Got It All
By CEEDUB on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

This car had everything I was looking for: low maintenance, reliable, sporty, nice handling, fast yet good on gas, nice-looking. Lots of upgrades available through aftermarket channels. My car has over 155,000 miles on it and it still rides almost like new. The only repair I've had was the clutch pressure plate cracked and chipped at 120k, so I needed a new clutch (replaced original). The rear wing could be repainted, too. The sun, rain and wind have worn down the paint on the corners. Other than that, I love the car. Only drawback is its high theft appeal.

A Practical Sports Car
By Robert Sheridan on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I purchased my 1996 LS when my wife changed careers and needed our 1999 Civic coupe as a daily driver. Plus, we needed a car to haul around our 65- pound Siberian Husky. I never thought I'd own a car that was more fun to drive than my old '88 Prelude, but the Integra beats the Prelude hands-down. The Integra hugs the twisties like a Porsche, possesses a zippy high-revving engine (I routinely redline the tach), is virtually maintenance-free, and has tons of cargo room.

Perfection
By brujc on 07/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback Special Edition 2dr Hatchback

I have owned my Integra for 7 years and I have had no, I repeat, no mechanical problems. The only things that I needed were a new power radio antenna and tires. Not bad for seven years. I've had more fun driving this car than any I have owned and I've owned Z's and RX7's.

1996 gsr
By jlow125 on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

great car fast and very reliable

Great~!!!!Integra Power
By JensenChin on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback Special Edition 2dr Hatchback

Great~!!!! Integra Power. Easy to control and very nice to modify~!! My Integra give me the opportunity to experince for driving in a powerful sporty car~!!!

Black Bullet
By unreal0690 on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

This car has been an excellent replacement for my first car, a Honda Prelude. The ride isn't quite as firm as the Prelude, but it's much more firm than my friends' cars. It has been run really hard for 6 1/2 years now, and it's still going strong. The only abnormal maintenance has been replacing the radiator. This car is the best. I wouldn't trade it for the world!!!

Wonderful Car
By dmsgsr on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I got my GSR with 12k miles on it. I've just sold it for $12,000 with 70k miles! The car eats tires (because I drive it hard) but still had the original brakes! I replaced NOTHING in the car, including the battery! The only problems I had were the buzzing heat sheild on the exhaust and the rattling hatchback which the dealer fixed...