2001 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
I love it
By Kevin Durkin on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

So much fun, A great value

FAST AND FUN
By FLYER0029 on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

THIS CAR IS JUST PLAIN AMAZING. THE SOLID BUILD AND EXCELLENT ENGINEERING MAKE THIS A JOY TO DRIVE!!

Best still
By BJWANG on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Nice Strong fast car...

I Love My CL-S
By Jersey Girl on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

25,000 miles and not a single mechanical problem here. The car is a blast to drive and my bright red CL- Type S still gets envious looks! It's fast and smooth. It's easy to do 85 mph on the highway before you even realize it. The only complaints I have are a thin paint job...it seems to scratch and chip easily and noise from the moonroof if I leave the cover open. Other than that, I am an extremely satisfied customer. I would buy another Acura in a heartbeat!

Nice for Price
By Kobe on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Really like the performance of this vehicle and the styling is far superior to earlier CLs. I am coming up on end of 3 year lease and may actually buy it. Only issue is minor quality issues such as sunroof, radio and faulty indicator lights.

Great Car!
By FreddieG on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great car all around. Smooth engine and transmission. Simply elegant styling. Great finish!

2001 CL Type S - The perfect car
By CLTypeSmacura on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 98 Acura and was sure I'd never buy another Acura. That was until I saw the totally redesigned CL (2001 model). As soon as I saw it, I knew I'd have to buy it. After I drove it, there was no chance i'd pass on this car. It handles amazingly, it's incredibly fast and the price was perfect. I got all the features my friends had to pay close to $50K for in their BMW's and Mercedes. Only I had enough money left over to be able to afford flooring my car to blow them away. I love my Acura. I can't part with it.

Best buy for the money
By Ampher on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car for three years. Overall a great car. The sunroof has a fluttering noise the dealer has never been able to fix. The sunroof doesn't open very far. But the sunroof being my only complaint, must be a great car!

Acura actually mfr'd a lemon!
By jenr8er on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I took my 1st CL (97)to 110k w/o ever using the warranty. Completely different story this time around. Nearly every recall and service bulletin my car has been in for-from rattles to a blown transmission. What's worse is that while service did everything they could on my repeated SRS/engine light issues, we had exhausted all resources (6 visits) and were praying to the car gods to please let it be fixed. Read the recalls/TSB for 02 & 03 models-they are nearly identical. Feeling a little sketched out by it all and thinking maybe I should find something else to drive til they get it together in a year or two!!!!!

Nuts and Bolts only
By kcfox on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Why is the TL considered a gem yet the CL is only adequate. It is every bit as good as the TL. Smooth, sporty and luxury best define this auto. The v-6 is not for the timid.