Used 2001 Acura CL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:

I would rather go back to my BMW328CI
By Type-S

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Transmission problems, check engine light constantly comes on, and loud sunroof, and slight rattles. I wish I had kept my old BMW328CI which had over 140k miles and never had any of these problems that my Acura CL with only 60,000 miles have. I have heard/read that the better Acura CLs were the 1997 to 1999. My co-worker has a 1997 CL 3.0 and never had any problems with it and has over 110,000 miles on it. You get a far better car for the money you pay for a BMW 3 series.

Navigation and interior styling. Fun to drive when you are not having problems.

Better Transmission and overall build quality. Faulty check engine light problems.

Bone Stock 15.6 with junk in the trunk
By walt by default

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My brother told me not to test drive it. My wife said "get what you want, the boys have their cars, I have mine, you don't have to get a four door family sedan." What a wonderful wife. This is a great car. It is very very fast and very very comfortable. I am 6'1" tall and weigh 290# and this car is one of the few that accomodates my height and girth with the standard leather driver's seat. My oldest son's Tiburon is slightly tricked out and he turns 15.9 at Capital Raceway in Crofton. I turned a 15.6 after learning how to master the racing tree lights. I had a full sized spare, two 17" rims and a set of clubs in the trunk when I did it. Not bad.

She's FAST. The Bose Sound system allows me to fire up my gospel cd's and ignore the big eighteen wheelers all around me. GPS is too cool.

She's pretty well outfitted - 8 cylinders maybe!!! 260 bhp at the wheels - not the flywheel. A new model coupe for the Year 2005 - maybe a ragtop!?!?! 20 inch rims Yeah I like it a lot! Thanks Acura.

wow! BEST DEAL IN TOWN
By paganpink

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The type S begs to be driven in a sporty manner, but has a comfortable ride at any time. I highly recommend several basic changes that will awaken this incredible car; 1, Buy the AEM cold air intake,(2-3 hundred).The increase in performance is amazing,10- 15 horsepower, and the 2nd intake opening at 5k RPM in the S engine sounds absolutely incredible.2.Buy the Eibach springs (2-3 hundred.)Hugely improves handling at all speeds with no loss of ride quality! Giving it a more aggressive appearance and keeping it glued to the turns. 3. Buy a 75 horse shot of nitrous (7-8). Engine computers will never let it run lean, and you now outrun BMW's,350z,V-8 Camaro's,&

V.S.A. Active suspension that allows for some wheel spin before intervening, 5 speed tiptronic auto/manual tranny, and great reliability,fit,and finish. Should be on all 10 best lists (especially with a couple of the tweaks mentioned above) Nothing even close for the price. Great car

Better wood inlay,Blackwood looks a little artificial..

The Best Acura I've Owned
By BernD

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Acura since the 1985 model. The 2001 CL is the best in terms of power, handling, agility and design. This car flies when needed with a slight touch of the peddle. No problem leading the pack between NY and Boston. I'm in the market for the new TL and can't wait to get my hands on it.

I love the navigational device. This is a fantastic extra that I will get on all future cars or trucks. Never a doubt how to get to a new location.

Sorry to see Acura phase our 2-door model. Maybe they will see the light in the future and bring back a coupe.

The Dreamy Type-S
By DMB Tampa Fan

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at other cars on the market, but for the money and the features that this car has to offer, it was a no brainer! The only option was the navigation system - everyting else was included! Heated seats and mirrors, sunroof, and not one but two memory keys, and the list goes on! What other car company offers all these extras in the base model. Acura has found the right combination of luxury and the fun to drive sports car! It is a dream to drive! You will not be disappointed!

Navigation, heated seats, and the V- TEC engine!!!!!

Of course manual transmission and rear wheel drive. These suggested improvements take anything anyway from the car as is.