2001 Acura CL Consumer Reviews 11

2001 Acura CL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
Big Bang for the Buck
By t_dub on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Offers more car for the money. So many standard features make this car a bargain. The 260hp engine is supreme. Punch the accelerator and the car responds with a rush. Hard cornering and braking are less impressive...BMW 330ci holds the trophy. Not a bad car to look at, but appears bland when next to the Bimmer. Excellent car for driving around town and on the open road! I've had some problems with rattles that can't seem to be fixed. The wheels are prone to be easily scratched.

This car is great!
By LOveSpeed on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is great, I have had for over two years and only had one small problem. The electric seat memory gave out and was replaced very quickly. This car is really fast and I love the speed that I am getting. The gas mileage is running around 29mpg on the highway. The only other small issue is the rims and how easily they get scratched. Would recommend this car to anyone and everyone!

I like it but...
By acura lover on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I finally bought an adult car having always owned hatchbacks. I compared the CL to Audi,BMW,Lexus,Infiniti and Volvo and found the CL to be the best value for the money. The CL has the biggest engine, horsepower and amenities. However, I do have a several complaints. I wish the doors would lock when I start the engine and unlock when I stop the engine like in the Integra. Also, could they put back the side moulding. The most annoying part is the door ledge. There is a little ledge that always gets dirty when it rains and my pant leg hits it getting out of the car.

'01 Acura at 15K
By Lou Greenzweig on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a fantastic, reliable auto. I've only done normal maintenance in the 15K I've owned it. Handles extremely well, does 0-60 in 6.5 secs., gets 27 - 30 mpg on the road and is a pleasure on long trips. Hold two sets of golf clubs plus some luggage in the trunk. It certainly holds the road in wet and dry weather.

Acura 3.2Cl
By kgain2 on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

For this price... it doesn't get any better than this!

Great Extension!!!
By DOL on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The navigation is worth the extra $. Drives great, feels good, good for racing.

Love it!
By flipper on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Love this car. I did 6 mos of research and this is the best bang for the buck. Fun to drive, looks cool (black w/ aftermarket rims), and no mechanical problems at 15,000 miles.

Great Car
By decided on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a perfect blend of comfort and performance. Fun to drivw, looks great and as reliable as a car can get.

Acura 3.2CL S Type Review
By Edd Moss on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Car is fun to drive as it is agile and responsive with the bonus of good gas mileage. The car comes with what would be options in other cars and the value is the best in the industry, price to quality.

Great Midlife Crisis Car
By bpats on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura CL 3.2 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I put lots of miles on my car every year. I have taken the 3.2 over all the major and most minor roads in CA. The 3.2 is a blast to drive. It is quick, fast, and handles well. For fun try Hwy 36 from Scotia to Redding and you will see for yourself.