Used 2015 Volvo XC60 SUV Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Volvo XC60 SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

Overall great
By Sami Ghareeb

2015 Volvo XC60 SUV T5 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Visibility from the driver’s seat is not optimal. The backup camera needs tweaking. When it rains, the view is blurred. Positioning of the camera should be revisited. The overall experience is great. I would recommend the Volvo brand.

Loving our XC60
By JB

2015 Volvo XC60 SUV T5 Platinum 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I really wanted a manual VW Alltrack. But, after test driving it, the interior felt kind of cheap. We did a lot of research on the XC60 and just got ours a few weeks ago. I was a little hesitant because our V50 had a lot of issues. However, I really love the look and feel of the XC60. I wanted a T6, but our local mechanic recommended the T5. He thought the T5 has fewer issues. So far, so good. It’s a really great combination of luxury and safety features. The leather seats have that nice “real leather” smell. I absolutely love driving it. I’ve been using the sport shift a lot, which is fun. I miss my manual V5”, but this is such an amazing upgrade. I have no complaints about the pickup. I haven’t noticed a throttle lag. Based on my research on reliability, we payed extra to get an extended warranty to 100k. I’ve never done that before, but just don’t want to risk it. Now were thinking about some accessories like a roof rack and possibly a toe hitch. Fingers crossed about future ownership, but we are loving it so far. Also love the Harmon Kardon sound. Only complaint is that the Nav is really hard to figure out and the sensus system is a little clunky.

My last Volvo
By john delaney

2015 Volvo XC60 SUV T5 Drive-E Premier Plus 4dr SUV w/Prod. End 6/14 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

While this car drives well it's given me a ton of problems, generating a lot of repair costs and frustration. While under warranty I had lots of little problems, and the check engine light came on so regularly I ended up having to buy a code checker to avoid constant trips to the dealership or somewhere like autozone to have it read. One of the reasons it kept going off was the gas tank was visible machined poorly, so no matter how well I attached the cap the check engine light for emissions would come on. It also burned through oil on a few occasions. I took it to the dealership immediately, but they couldn't ever find anything wrong. Other problems were generally small issues like sensors or spark plugs going bad. These were an inconvenience, but they weren't major and were covered by the warranty so I didn't care too much at the time . At about 55,000 miles the car suddenly started emitting a very high pitched squeal. I made plans to take it to the dealership the next morning. In the morning the check engine light was on, and it also started revving uncontrollably when stopped at stop lights. Eventually they informed me the bearings in both cam shafts went bad, and the thermostat needed replaced. This was about a $3000 repair cost, and they said it would take about a week because they had to order the parts. It took the dealer 7 WEEKS to repair my car. They seemed incapable of ordering the right parts or ordering all the parts they need. They did not keep me informed at all, and I constantly had to call and check in. Half the time they weren't able to provide me a time estimate at all, and they other half of the time they said it would only be another couple days. I spoke to Volvo corporate, left messages for the manager, etc, all to no avail. Finally they called and said it would be ready the next day, only for them to discover something else wrong with the car. When they finally finished all the repairs I picked up the car, and immediately noticed how heavy the steering felt. I thought it was just because I'd been driving a different loaner vehicle for the past 7 weeks (Honestly it had been so long I kept reaching for the wrong controls in my car once I got it back). However, after a couple more days it became clear something is now wrong with the power steering. Now I have to decide whether to take it back to the same dealership and see if they will fix it for no/reduced cost since it was likely the result of something they did, or take it to a different dealership which might provide better service. Either way this is definitely my last Volvo ever. We were thinking about an XC90 for my wife, but now there is no way we'll even consider it. About the only thing positive I have to say about the car is that it averaged about 28-30mpg for me, but the savings isn't worth the other costs and frustrations.

First Volvo
By Calc

2015 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 Drive-E 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

The power and handling is amazing

Throttle lag
By William Stellin

2015 Volvo XC60 SUV T5 Drive-E Platinum 4dr SUV w/Prod. End 6/14 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My car has an unsafe throttle lag when starting up from a rolling or very slow speed. I've almost been hit several times trying to get into heavy traffic. Dealer has had the car for 15 days over 3 visits. Fault codes say nothing is wrong and car is performing as designed. They will do nothing more. The car is unsafe and I want it fixed but dealer and factory says it's ok. I say it is broken. I love all other aspects of the car. Problem started when the car was driven out of the dealer lot brand new. Service manager recognizes something is wrong but without computer proof can do nothing.