2019 Volvo XC40 SUV Consumer Reviews

$33,200

Save as much as $6,393
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great car just - first year issues

Smitty8, 10/23/2018
T5 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I love my new XC40 Rdesign- great looking car- great performance- comfortable- just in the shop too much. Picked mine up April 7- has been back to dealer 2 times making appt for 3rd visit- all software hardware issues with safety features- my issue is with ABS and Electronic Stability control- both go off and on everytime it is driven. Each time I take it to the dealership they fix the problem, 2 weeks later it pops up again- It's unfortunate- have purchased 8 brand new vehicles- Infiniti's Nissan's, Volkswagon- never had these issues- only regular maintenance- I really like the car- but it is a hassle and big inconvenience for a $45K vehicle- if the trend continues will probably be my last volvo-

An awesome compact SUV part 1

Raoul Watson, 01/11/2019
T5 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is the first Volvo I have ever owned in my life, my previous car was a 2015 Chevy Impala (see my review on the Impala). I always wanted a Volvo but always was apprehensive due to design and reliability reports from owners. The 2019 XC 40 however, seems to be a very solid crossover/SUV border lining a luxurious car. 1. Appearance: The 2019 Volvo XC 40 is a very handsome looking compact SUV. It is the smallest version of the Volvo SUV and it seems a good crossover for "SUV beginners" like me. I like the fact that it is not too tall which would make entry a challenge. Everything on the outside points to a very well thought off design. I was a little surprised that the placement of the side mirror on the side door is not a little bit further to the front. Because of this further back placement, when the driver looks at the side view mirror, there is a gap between the vehicle body and the mirror, which to me is a little annoying and takes a little getting used to. 2. Performance: The 2.0 liter turbocharged four cylinder 248-hp engine, 8 speed auto transmission is impressive. Just a little push on the gas and it goes from zero to sixty in about 7 seconds. The handling is nimble and almost sporty. The powertrain is quick and responsive but it has an annoying start and stop system. As with most newer cars, when you stop, the XC 40 idles the engine completely down to a point that the engine is shut off. This system would cause an abrupt jerking when restarting. The SUV would lurch forward when starting up from a stop light. It takes a while getting used to but I found out that it is better to release the brakes and wait two second before applying acceleration to avoid the lurching. 3. Safety: The XC 40 is loaded with the safety features found in luxury cars and as always, Volvo is synonymous with safety. ABS, traction, and stability control comes standard along with Volvo's City Safety package. This includes automatic emergency braking along with sensors to detect other vehicles, pedestrians, bicyclists, and other city perils in the vehicle’s path. It includes adaptive cruise control; forward collision warning; lane departure warning; blind spot warning (on the side mirrors); and rear cross-traffic alert making it the most complete crash avoidance system you can get. The optional Pilot Assist / driver assistance system is impressive. I tested it one evening and found that the system has good judgement identifying lane markings and responding to vehicles surrounding us. As a pilot I am not a stranger in trusting an "autopilot" system but with a car, because of the visualization interpretation, I would not be very comfortable trusting it 100%. For example, in NY the presence of highway construction means lanes are repainted so multiple crossing lanes would just confuse the pilot assist. So I would use it only on long distance good quality highways. The adaptive cruise control is convenient. It slows the vehicle during traffic slowdowns, and even stop the car to resume progress all on its own. With the addition of daylight running light of beautiful LEDs, all these safety features will give you a handsome insurance discount. 4. Ergonomics: In this department Volvo did not fare very well in my opinion. The human interface of the controls of this car is not always logical. For starters, the gear/transmission shifter it's horrible. It requires a two-step action. For example, to engage reverse or drive, one must move the gear selector twice; one to the back, then in the appropriate direction to select drive or reverse. This is extremely annoying during parking maneuvers and is very frustrating. Of course the argument could be that I should use the automated parking assistance but the shifter is just very unnatural for drivers. While you can operate almost every control from the steering wheel and the voice recognition is a nice addition, the central control screen is extremely convoluted and requires a high degree of learning curve. Coming from Volvo, particularly because it sees itself as a safety brand, the central control screen is just unsafe because it is almost impossible to operate safely while driving. There are too many unintuitive multiple taps, swipes and scrolls necessary to navigate the system. In addition, the system is awfully slow to respond. For example, changing a driver profile can take over a minute to load. If there are two things requiring a redesign, it would be the shifter and the control screen. The goal obviously should be to reduce the distraction and the precious seconds’ loss with eyes off the road to do basic functions as changing cabin temperature and audio source. --see continuation on part 2 (5. Interior and Comfort, 6. Technology)

Still love my little XC40 T5

Pam, 10/18/2018
T5 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The body style was what caught my eye initially and had seen it for the first time on a commercial of all things. Looked at other brands (Toyota, Honda, Subaru) before deciding I would at least like to see the XC40 in person. Once I test drove it, I was in love. It feels good driving it. I like a boxier body type but this is a little boxy with a punch of style. I've had mine now for 3 months and not one issue. I feel it has very good visibility and love the blind spot monitoring. The back up camera is good quality. Very good acceleration, shifts smoothly, more than enough power (no issues if I have to punch it) and good storage for the size of the vehicle. I wasn't after another Highlander so this was a good size for my needs. So far, I'm averaging 28.5 mpg. The console tablet I feel was very easy to get used to and use and I'm not the most tech savvy person. The interior is sleek and simple, and I mean simple in a VERY positive way....it is not busy. The LED lights are wonderful at night. I am not a younger driver but do not feel the T5 is not too youthful nor do I feel it is an "older person's" looking SUV. I feel it has a style of it's own and has a classy, fresh look. I did not opt for navigation so I cannot speak to this. The ride is very comfortable. I did not purchase the higher end XC40 but feel I have many, many, options that most brands would not offer unless you went with the top of the trim level line. Mine is black and a solid color. Cabin noise is minimal for a 4 cylinder unlike some other brands I test drove. Takes turns well and seems to hug the curves strongly. For what this vehicle was designed for, I feel it meets the goal very well. Very pleased with my purchase!

Ad
Build Your XC40

Incredible sporty SUV

Anna, 04/06/2018
T5 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Volvo really thought of everything for this car. Ladies -- sick of your purse flying around on the passenger's side while you drive? No worries, there's a hook for that, and more shopping bag hooks in the cargo area to keep bags from rolling around with their contents. The car is nearly silent on your average road. Just the slight hum of acceleration, but there is remarkably little wind or road noise, even on the bumpiest, loudest roads. In fact, people I talk to on the phone joke that they know exactly when I'm maneuvering the car because they can hear things that are normally hidden by the white noise of the engine and road. We found the infotainment system to be very logically designed. It functions very similarly to a smartphone. In fact, the settings quick access buttons on the touchscreen feel very reminiscent of the android pull-down settings menu. After a week, using it feels very natural. My one gripe is that I wish the 360 camera were easier to access quickly. It will appear automatically when it senses I'm parking between two cars, but when I'm pulling into my very tight garage or straight into a parking spot, I have to manually pull it up. Not a big deal -- just takes 2 seconds, but hopefully there will be a shortcut option on future iterations. Auto-park is wonderfully helpful for tight spaces. The upgraded sound system is excellent -- coming from an audiophile. The self-driving features are wonderful for the highway and really serve to reduce fatigue by keeping you in the lane and following the car in front of you at a given distance. We really enjoy the highly customizable driver profiles that can both be programmed to a specific key and overridden through the settings menu. One thing that I found slightly annoying in city traffic was that by default, the auto parking brake enabled at every full stop. This results in a bit of a "jerking" when you press the gas pedal, as the brake un-engages and the engine re-starts. I disabled the feature and it doesn't bother me anymore. However, I can certainly see how this feature would be useful for hilly areas where you don't want to roll forward or backwards if you lighten up on the brakes. The back seat has more room than any other car in this class that we test drove. It feels more like a mid-sized SUV in terms of space and seat elevation. After reading a ton of reviews online, I have to say that most reviewers' gripes about this car are really non-issues in the long-run. We specifically looked out for all of the things that were identified as possible cons and haven't actually been able to identify many of them as real cons since we've been driving the car regularly. Bottom line: It's a really solid, well-designed car that's a lot of fun to drive and handle.

Perfect Small SUV

Kelly, 08/17/2018
T5 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We love this car. It's our first Volvo. Really like the adaptive cruise control, auto high beam headlights that move with the steering wheel, heated steering wheel, the panoramic sunroof that has a self-closing shade when the car gets too hot. I find the layout of the controls to be very intuitive. Love the touch screen with simple home button just like a tablet. It's small with a tight turning radius that makes it easy to maneuver. The back storage is brilliant with easy ability to subdivide to keep things from rolling around. It remembers the side mirrors position along with the seat position for each driver. Didn't think I'd care about it, but like the different driving modes; regularly change it between Comfort, Dynamic and Eco. I get better than the EPA gas mileage. Oh, and it has a built in trash can. Seriously, why doesn't every car have that?

Unbelievable Problems

MsDedo, 10/14/2018
T4 Momentum 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Only 10 reviews posted, and it’s unbelievable to read one that is describing the exact problem that I’m having. I’ve worked long and hard to afford this vehicle. I was so excited when I signed on that dotted line for my first Volvo! Imagine my disappointment of having owned the car less than two weeks abd receivjng a “SRS airbag warning “urgent” take to workshop” message. Surely, this is a serious safety concern. I have taken the car to the dealership 3 times (it’s there now) and they still cannot fix the problem—I’m about to pay my first car note on a car that I’ve barely been able to drive. Their excuse is that this is new technology, we’re still learning and we’re looking into it (REALLY)??? Apparently this is a known issue, but Volvo isn’t owning up to it. This is absolutely unacceptable and Volvo should replace my car but of course I’m not getting any proper recourse.

So dissapointing

Chelsea, 09/25/2018
T5 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my first Volvo, I was so excited for it to arrive after ordering it earlier this year. It's a beautiful car, sporty, technology rich, but holy hell -- the problems I've had in the few short months I've owned it are not okay. Within a week, I received a notification the airbag system had failed. They replaced the sensor, same problem came back two weeks later. They had my car for almost a month trying to fix it. Now, a month later, same sensor has failed, I get notifications about the brake system failing, one tire pressure sensor is faulty, and various interior panels keep popping off. Working with Volvo right now to get them to buy my car back as part of Michigan's lemon law, so disappointing. I will never buy a Volvo again.

Volvotastic!

Henry Be, 12/21/2018
T5 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The Volvo XC40 is a great car that packs quality, performance and style in a pleasing little SUV package. This is our 6th Volvo and it is one of the best in quality, ride and handling. My wife absolutely loves this vehicle. She is petite but has no problems getting in and out of the vehicle, finding the best seating position and comfortably driving the vehicle. Likewise, she thinks Volvo has the most ergonomic seats in the world. She has back issues but they are never aggravated driving this vehicle for both long and short distances. I concur with her opinions and would add that the XC40’s performance and handling are great. It’s not a Porsche but the turbo-4 (T5) can move when it’s necessary to pass or break free from a band of pokey drivers. Interior design and quality are pleasing and comfortable. Volvo has always given special attention to safety and minimalist design - it’s a Swedish hallmark that makes Volvo’s unique and dependable. In short, a good buy if you’re looking for style, dependability and quality performance.

Better than I imagined!

Frank, 12/24/2018
T5 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This crossover has all the latest safety and technology features as you build the car with option packages as most of the upscale brands do. Having driven a Subaru Outback (2007) and a leased CrossTrek (2015-18) with complete satisfaction for what they are, we wanted to step up to a premium brand that was not Audi or Mercedes (overrated anyway). Our goal was to find a vehicle in the same size (length) as the XTrek with the latest tech/safety features, and the XC40 fits to a T. My biggest disagreement with Edmunds and other reviews is that the Interface/technology screen is NO MORE difficult than learning how to use your new iphone or android/apple ipad. Fortunately I am not tall so the back seat doesn’t affect me at all.

Just a few of my favorite things

Simon, 03/29/2019
T4 R-Design 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Everyone has said all there is to say about the main features of this car, so I'll just say a few of my favorite things that unless you get to spend a lot of time with the car, you might overlook. 1. They really have thought of everything when it comes to storage on this car. For example, (the Edmunds reviewer missed these little "Easter Eggs") under the drivers seat is a discreet tray that slides forward to hid valuables like wallet, phone, checkbook, anything flat. The tray locks closed so it won't slide out unintentionally and you can't even see it when it's closed. You have to feel for it. Also, under the passenger seat is a "shelf" that is perfectly sized to hold the owners manual packet. This means you can free up the entire A/C cooled glove box for anything you want to keep cool. 2. The headlights are one of my favorite things and a pleasant surprise for how well they perform considering I didn't test drive at night. They turn with the steering wheel to illuminate any curves you might be heading into. They also have an auto on/off feature for the high beams. I live on rural roads, so I use high beams frequently. With one twist of the controls on the stem next to the steering wheel, it activates the high beams. When there is an oncoming car, the system automatically dims the high beams and then when the other car has passed the high beams come back on automatically. This even works if you come up behind a car in the same lane you are in. It is perfectly calibrated so I never have to override the settings. 3. I like to use the paddle shifters to downshift and save wear on the brakes. After manually shifting, you can just keep driving in whichever gear you left it in and when the RPM's become unstable for the gear you are driving in it will automatically revert to the correct gear and resume the automatic transmission. 4. No gas cap! Just open the gas door, stick the nozzle in, gas up, and shut the gas door when full. No fumbling with a dirty gas cap. 5. Rear view mirror. I don't notice much appreciation for the design of the mirror. Can you call a rearview mirror sexy? I just did. 6. The resolution on the cameras, especially on the huge display screen is crisp and beautiful. The 360 degree camera (uses 4 cameras around the car to give an aerial view including surroundings) is such a cool feature. There is no excuse to park bad in this car. I think I'll stop there, but I could go on.

Disappointed😡

AliciaW, 10/15/2018
T5 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I had this car a few short months and the engine light has already come on. The gas mileage indicator increases and decreases at any given time. The engine is also a little noisy. I called about having the car serviced and was told it may be something with the emissions. Either way this should not be happening with a new vehicle. Now I have to wait a whole week before the problem can even be addressed. 😡

An Awesome Compact SUV - part 2

Raoul Watson, 01/11/2019
T5 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

(Due to restrictive text length this review has two parts, this is part 2, see part 1 prior to reading this) 5. Interior and Comfort: The big front seats are roomy and plush. It can have seat ventilation/AC and seat warmer and heated steering wheel, and heated side mirrors. The automatic dual-zone system performed well. Fit and finish are exceptional, and the combination of black nappa leather and suede seat inserts. The seats are supportive beneath and comfortable on long trips. The seats also have plenty of adjustments, including generous fore-aft range and adjustable lumbar / lower-back support. 2 memory buttons allows you to record your favorite positions. It comes in handy when you pick up your car from service only to find out the person driving had changed all your settings. I was a little surprised at the lack of head room. I am by no means a tall individual but with my 5'10" stature, I have bumped my head in the driver's seat multiple times as I lean forward. I also find myself continuously snagging the panel with my shoes on my left foot when trying to position it on the foot rest in the left front side. Two adults will be very comfortable in the rear seats. I was able to cross my leg comfortably in the rear seat. There's plenty of knee and feet room. Three adults will fit side by side, but the center seat is rather tight and a very pronounced center tunnel consumes leg and foot room from the person in the middle. The rear trunk is surprisingly spacious with automated way to fold the rear seats. All my previous cars have been of the station wagon type of body since I have always been the interstate mover for my three children college moves. I was pleased to see the trunk size. 6. Technology: This car is loaded with technology too much to list. In addition to all the safety technology features listed above, the car comes with the On call system and Xirius radio for free trial. Once you use these, you probably would like to keep the convenience. Did you know that this car has its own Wi-Fi hotspot? In addition, it has an inductive phone charger so that you can just drop a compatible phone to charge it wirelessly. An app called "Volvo On Call" is available for your smart phone where you can perform functions from your phone (lock/unlock doors, start/stop engine). The app also has navigation map that once you found an address you can send it to your vehicle. I was a little disappointed to only find two USB ports. With current day technology, by the time you use one to charge your non inductive phone, one for a USB with MP 3 music, you no longer have a spare for dashcam or a secondary person needing to charge a non-inductive phone. The XC 40 ride is comfortable but can be a little stiff sometimes. There are several "Driver Mode" selectable such as Comfort and Eco but none of those affected the shock absorbers. The noise level is reasonably low and the handling is responsive. While the XC 40 model is by far not the most fuel economical model, the average 23 mpg overall can be a little pricey since the engine requires a premium high octane (98) fuel. However, it is still impressive for such a strong engine. My biggest gripe with the technology is that the most important contact between the car and the road, which is its tires, does not have the ability to provide continuous tire pressure monitoring system. I am not talking about a TPMS which tells you a tire is low and needs attention, but rather a system which displays tire pressure in PSI of all tires, at all times. In closing, I did miss the small rubber Swedish flag attached to the car’s left front flank which I saw at Javits Center during a car show but apparently removed from my production line.

Car shutdown while driving 5 times

Ness, 05/15/2019
T4 R-Design 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

While driving my xc 40 and I love this car the entire system shutdown . Took it in was told it was fix it was a software issue. 1 month later to my surprise the car shutdown again this time the engine shutdown and restarted . It at the dealer now for 2 weeks . Should have lease it .

Problems with reverse camera, cs unresponsive

Carlos, 11/29/2019
T4 Momentum 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have had some problems with the reverse camera. Sometimes it shows in black, sometimes it doesn’t open at all. It is a 2020 XC40 with 3 months in use, and after attempting to contact costumer service apparently the camera is expected to have a delay of 2-3 minutes, something unheard of for me. I do have the email support for that statement which doesn’t seem to be in the specs of the cars. In any case it used to work properly for the first three months, it’s just sad the brand don’t even aim to fix its defects

Packs a punch

Wilbert, 03/27/2018
T5 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Was in the market for an XC60, test drove this baby @ Volvo of North Miami, and fell in love with it. The Tech, is unmatched and the safety features which come standard, sets it apart from the competition. With the relocation of the A-pilar in the back seat, rear passengers will have a lot of leg room. Weston Volvo, had a helpful and knowledgeable staff. I was able to get a great deal on this compact SUV. This vehicle is well worth the purchase.

Great compact SUV

RaveReviewer, 10/19/2018
T5 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

After owning MANY subcompact/compact SUV's (X1, CRV, GLA250, Rav4, CX-5, CX-3) I feel this 2019 Volvo XC40 Is absolutely the BEST. Fun to drive, Excellent build quality and materials, tons of storage spaces....and the coolest tablet-like infotainment center. And Volvo on Call is so good. Seriously the best value for the money of them all among the premium offerings in the segment. My first VOLVO...and I love it! 2019 Volvo XC-40 Inscription. Denim Blue with Amber interior. Thanks VOLVO

Atlanta to Key West to Atlanta Wow!

WilliamC, 02/22/2019
T4 R-Design 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My wife traded in her 2015 Porsche Macan S for this 2019 Volvo XC40 and I was not happy, at first. She said that she adored the color combinations of Amazon Blue and white top. We took it on the road beginning in Atlanta headed for Key West. The rain poured on our first day and the XC40 performed wonderfully. The exceleration was not Porsche like, but it did well on the open road of 75 S. The color that my wife loved so much was enhanced by the waters of Key West. Women were taking pictures of her car like it was a museum piece or a Louis Vuitton ladies purse. The oohs and ahhs were contagious. It wasn't until Naples that I realized the "Auto-pilot" feature. I was able to drive straight from Naples to Atlanta without feeling fatigued. The XC40 on auto-pilot at 70 mph's held true to the road and let me know all that I needed to know to be safe. The tracking was incredible. In closing, I like this car and when I go into the garage, I called her "Pretty Girl", my pet name for just about everything that I like. For me to write about a car like this is a one off, so don't take my words lightly, drive one for yourself.

Beware

Robert, 06/03/2018
T5 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Had the car for two months It has been to the dealer twice already with less than 1000 miles on it Volvo’s roadside assistance is the worst I have ever encountered This car did not seem ready for production and delivery It appears to not have been inspected Extremely disappointed

Rock Star Small SUV

Scott, 11/20/2018
T5 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We are delighted with our purchase. Solid, fun, safe, great fuel economy. 5,000 miles in...perfect performance. Update: now 10,000 miles...still delighted...only visit to the dealer has been for scheduled service. Update: now 20,000 miles...couldn't be happier...car is rock solid performer, looks great and awesome gas mileage

So much to love...but problems

WVgirl, 09/12/2019
T5 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I love this car more than any I've ever had, but during the first year I've had it there have been 2 recalls. I had to have all the brake pads replaced due to corrosion and the check engine light came on this week. It has something to do with emissions and the mass air flow. The suspension is also out of whack and my car will be in the shop all weekend because they can't identify the problem in the suspension. If I've had this many problems with less than 25k miles, I'm scared what will happen after it's out of warranty. I like that it's very nimble and has a unique look. I have to wait about 30 seconds after I turn the car to make any changes to the radio or try to use my phone. It will completely freeze without adequate "warm up" time.

So happy

Robin, 06/09/2019
T5 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We looked at Range Rover evoque, and BMW X1. Saved $16000 by choosing xc40. BMW X1and X3 was a very uncomfortable ride

My first Volvo

Helen , 08/21/2019
T5 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The XC40 met all of my requirements - a subcompact size (I wanted to downsize from a regular SUV), an uncluttered roomy interior, a streamlined touch screen, cool driver assist features, and phone charger/USB connection. Sure, there is a learning curve, but I've not been overwhelmed with the touch screen device or the tech features. This is a fun car to drive, with easy handling and maneuverability. I've been getting 27 MPG with Economy Drive mode.

Volvo XC40

Lenny G., 12/10/2018
T5 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Great quality and solid SUV. Quick, comfortable and solid vehicle. Very attractive exterior and interior.

Worth the price

R, 06/01/2019
T5 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I love my Volvo. I drive an hour to work and the luxury is great! The upgraded Stereo system is superb. Best SUV crossover I have ever owned and good gas mileage.

My Volvo XC40 T5 AWD R-Design is the best value

XC40-R-Design-Lover, 06/23/2019
T5 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Excellent subcompact SUV with great value and safety features. I love it. Amazing driving experience. The Gas level digital indicator unreliable. It keeps changing with no relevance to the distance driven. You will have to look at the actual gas level indicator icon rather than the digital display, a bit weird. All else is great.

Love that inscription Xc40

T, 09/19/2019
T5 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Owen 5 Volvo’s 1 wagon , 2 convertibles , 2 xc90 and now my Inscription xc40. Its a very roomy suv. I can zip around town easier then my previous xc90’s. And long trips it’s jest as comfortable as the xc90. So happy Volvo came up with this one. Too, it’s Beautiful inside and the out side is sporty. Jest love my INSCRIPTION XC40

Love My XC40 2019

Teresa, 05/05/2019
T5 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We own 2 Volvo’s, xc90 and my beautiful, comfortable , spacious Xc40. It’s great on long trips and great for city driving. My husband is a big man and he was impressed with the room in the cabin. A must have ladies. Too love that Crystal knob .

Luxury high end crossover SUV on an unbroken bank

Tiru, 02/27/2019
T5 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The interiors are worth killing for. The feature list is so exhaustive and long, it’d take your 2-3 months to full discover and understand all of it. Very comfortable, and the T5’s dynamic drive mode is a beast. Turn it down to the economic mode and you’d get a 26mpg in a city like Dallas.

Ok

Ron, 10/23/2018
T5 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The vehicle looks great and performs OK- nothing great. Doesn’t matter because there is no inventory

Alloys

Saman, 03/30/2020
T4 Momentum 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My new Volvo xc 40 had impact on a peace of wood and l / front alloy broke into peaces.At that time speed was 65 km and mileage was nearly 10000. I have strong feeling that alloys are weak in strength

Nice car

Tiger lin, 09/29/2018
T5 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Perfect. The steering wheel is very light

So Much Fun To Drive!

Elissa, 04/08/2019

Safe Car- Fun Car

My first and last Volvo!

Vinh Forrester, 12/30/2019

Best car I have owned

Joe, 04/30/2020
T5 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The XC40 is an incredible car. The comfort, safety, performance and technology are top of the class. Really great for long journeys or tool around town. The best part is with the T5 Powertrain, 0-60 in the real world is basically 6 seconds flat. The panoramic sunroof is beautiful, the seats hug you the exact right way. The technology and infotainment center are easy to use, very functional and provide customization and all you would need. Pro pilot assist works well too, definitely worth every dollar for this car.

51050