Used 2016 Volvo V60 Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Volvo V60 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V60 model:

A sexy wagon with giddy-up!
By Saphsana@gmail.com

2016 Volvo V60 T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned this car for a year now and have put over 40,000 miles on it. So far nothing has gone wrong with the car and have only had to pay for oil changes and regular maintenance. It’s very comfortable and handled extremely well in the snow. The engine seems to be just the right size for me with and dynamic mode you really can get up and go merge onto traffic, cross streets with ease. It is starting to look dated on the inside as the infotainment system is getting old and the navigation doesn’t work as well as my phone so I prefer to use my phone . Overall build quality seems very well put together no noise is coming from inside the cabin . My only real complaint is I wish that it got better fuel economy as I’m averaging about 26 miles per gallon with 85% highway miles .

Volvo won me over from Audi
By Mike K

2016 Volvo V60 T5 Drive-E Premier 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my 2nd Volvo. First was a 2013 S60 T5 (5-cylinder) and because I liked it so much I got a 2016 V60 T5 wagon (4-cylinder). Having always been an "Audi" guy (I still think they’re great), I find the Volvo S & V60 out-performs the Audi for city and highway driving (that’s where I drive 80% + of the time) because of its less harsh/ comfortable suspension and its great/ fantastic seats. Also, I find the V60's engine performance is essentially perfect for the real roads of life here in southern California (that coming from a heavy foot), along with its wonderful 8 speed transmission, which has a sport mode that’s great for quicker shifting - performance, driving in the canyons, around town and particularly in bumper to bumper traffic, where it seems to intuitively know when to stay in gear/ not shift.
Also, what I like about Volvo’s in general, is there low key great, kind of timeless good looks that project a different, less in your face, “if you will” presence than Audi, BMW, Mercedes. In addition, they are less expensive as well.
In conclusion, “If” I wanted my 2016 Volvo V60 T5 to handle closer/ more similar on twisty roads to my previous Audi’s (they are “GREAT/ better” in that area), then all I need to do is get some 18”/ 19” rims that are a bit wider, higher performance tires, also a Polestar chip would not be bad as well. However, for how I use my car, this change is not necessary.

Very pleased with my 2016 V60 w/ front wheel drive
By ACM

2016 Volvo V60 T5 Drive-E Premier 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Very pleased with this care. Purchased with 14k miles on it one year ago. Have had zero problems. The fuel saving auto engine shut off feature is a little annoying, but nothing terrible. I would have appreciated the plug-in hybrid, but wasn't available in the US. Plenty of power/acceleration for me when shifted into sports mode. Interior leather is very high quality. Many small design features are A+.

Great value
By hOWARD wEIENR

2016 Volvo V60 T5 Premier 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Great wagon but don't expect SUV like cargo space.

Fun, 4 cylinder economy that hauls
By Charles Kuhn

2016 Volvo V60 T5 Drive-E Premier 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

It's fun to drive, great on gas and can haul when needed. It's not as roomy as it's big brother but is not a big box either. Get the Polestar upgrade and unleash the acceleration this engine can deliver and increase you fuel economy too.