Used 2000 Volvo S80 Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used S80 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

LUXURY WITH POWER

mrsly, 05/18/2002

A great car. Accelerates on the fly...Quite, awesome sound system...Very comfortable on long trips.....A great overall value.

Best first car.

BLKBLT1991, 03/17/2009

I bought my s80 for $2000.00 and it's been a been a better car than the cars that my friends bought for over $8000. I love the car. It's a little bit expensive but it's soo durable. I don't know why people think it's so crappy. It can destroy audis and mercedes. My father a certified auto mechanic and car body specialist and helps me maintain the car. It's performance is amazing if you know how to drive.

Don't buy

ACT, 05/20/2009

Worst car I've ever owned by far. Great ride when I'm not spending money on transmission, wheel bearings, rattling moon roof, rotors, etc . . . Stay away.

NO MORE VOLVO

Dash, 07/31/2009

I wish i had done my research before I bought this 2000 S80T. It's been nothing but trouble. I loved the look of the car in simply NOT RELIABLE. Volvo are very pricey cars for them to be so unreliable. I had to replace so many things and i've always maintained it so well and always dealer maintained. but i'm done with this company

Great car for your money!!!

IanRomines, 09/11/2009

I guess with all cars you get bad ones and good ones. Mine was a good one I cant believe I can drive a luxury Vehicle for less than $8000. I have never sat in a seat so comfortable in this Volvo. You have so much power it feels like you can do anything. It surprises me that cars were this stylish in the mid 2000s its like nothing else on the road. I love my Volvo and will keep it for a very long time.

Poor Man's Luxury Import Sedan

The Big Guy, 06/12/2002

First import in our garage. Great to drive, reliable, scheduled maintenance only. When you compare standard/optional features, price and comfort against BMW, Mercedes and Lexus the S80 beats them hands down. Bought the car because I'm 6' 6", 320# and it was the only thing other than a domestic boat I could fit in to. Glad I did. Outstanding ride, city or highway.

If You're a DRIVER, you'll love this car

Salesman, 06/14/2002

I am on the road 150 nights/year. This is by far the best road car I've ever owned. Bought it with 10,000 mi on it and have never had a regret. Only in the shop for scheduled maintenance. I thought the 30K check was a bit pricey... Not many improvements to make; and it's sure fun to show the BMW's (3's and 5's) your taillights on the expressways! Only the M series' can beat you.

i love my volvo... so far

Ratna, 02/10/2010

I see all the negative reviews on the volvo. i recently just purchased my volvo with 136000 miles. my volvo is in great shape. my leather seats are in great condition, no tears, rips, my radio, heated memory seats, sunroof and all features still work. im not sure if the previous owner of this car just took really good care of it or what but so far i love this car. i have since i drove it the first time. i would never have even looked at a volvo in the past, but so far my experience has been wonderful. we will see in a year if i have any major issues.

A lot of hype

judy spiegel, 06/19/2002

Had problems from Day 1. My first S80 T6 had to be shipped back to Sweden for diagnosis. On the replacement,the sight lines are so bad that these are dangerous; there is not a blind "spot," there is a right blind side. Transmission doesn't always shift properly; it sometimes reverses when it says "drive," parks when it says "reverse," etc. And the car shakes when one goes from 0 to 5 on a dry surface! (Like pulling out of a red light.) The doors do not close tightly. All in all, a lot of hype.

No problems here

happy camper, 07/26/2002

I bought my 2000 model at the end of 99. I have only had routine maintenance visits. Great accelaration, good handling (love the STC), and the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. The transmission has a kink shifting from 2nd to 3rd (it clunks under hard driving) and their is a driver side squak under the chassis. The audio system is awesome and it is great in snow or rain.

12345...14