Used 2004 Volvo S40 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used S40 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

conservative good looks

bpwrightwv, 08/03/2004

I've had my car for only a couple weeks, enjoy it so far. Rides smoothly, handles nice, good zip, conservative exterior good looks have made some turn their heads. Drove over a portion of highway that had been stripped in order to repave, fairly considerable buzzing in the driver's side pillar, though normally it doesn't. Noticed a very slight squeek when coming to stop, not sure if it's brakes. I also considered the Acura TSX and also came down to styling, TSX looks too much like an Accord, the dealer wasn't very friendly, nor would they respond to my email queries. The Volvo staff were very friendly, not pushy and were willing to negotiate via email.

WOW! I LOVE THIS CAR!

Heather Ammon, 07/29/2004

I've had my S40 for less than a week and I love it! It handles like a dream and the interior is very luxurious! I love the leather and the wood inlay. The floating console is really cool too! Mine is mistral green metalic and I love that too. At first I doubted getting the color because my last few cars were green, but this color is beautiful and it looks great in the sun. The sports package is great. I drove both the 2.4i and the T5 and the acceleration was negligable to me, so I didn't feel it was worth the extra money to get the T5. This car is definately worth every penny. The competition better watch out for this car!

Owner

Mary Black, 08/13/2004

Best car I've ever had.

ReVolvolution

Dubbu2, 08/19/2004

The overall fit and finish of this car is sexy. I've had nothing but stares and compliments since purchasing this vehicle. Many are amazed to find that it's a Volvo. The commute is smooth and quiet. I can't say too much about acceleration, however, because I've been breaking the car in slowly - but I read that the car reacts quickly and examines your driving style (aggressive/passive) and adjusts to accomodate accordingly.

Excellent Choice

kgun, 08/24/2004

This car caught my attention and it keeps growing on me every time I drive it. It handles excellently and has enough power to keep up with everyone else.

Great car!!!

evolvo, 08/30/2004

I purchased this car a week or so, 2004.5 model. First time getting an European car. so far I love this car!!! Got August promotion for free premium package plus supplier discount,I think I got great deal on it. (+ audio and climate) It was still over my budget I wanted to initially spend but I think I got a great car that deserve that much money. Also I got 1.9% finance, so it was good. The ride is soooo smoothe and the sound is fantastic. I recommend this car to everyone.

Volvo Ultimate Drive

Anad, 09/01/2004

This is an extremely comfortable and fun drive.

It needs more work on the brakes

Dr Wolverine , 09/26/2004

It was fun to drive the car, but after 12months of driving, I start to feel pain/uncomfortable with my knee while driving it daily. I dont think it's my phyical problem, but due to the design of the car.

Had enough

Lou, 04/27/2006

Bought car new July 04 and 6 mos later check engine light came on and everything replaced above engine block- cylinders 3 & 4 had 75% leak-down. Tried software download which is a joke. Replace brake pads too. Car out 18 days. Then ignition console went out car died. Out 5 days. Then radio went out, ate my cd's. Out 3 days. Next tranny issue- braking/accelerating produces nothing. Let off gas and retry works. Fixed. Windows work on/off, speakers work on/off. Strong electrical smell appeared. Defective condenser. All fixed. Out longer. As of today windows/speakers/strong smell issues still there, tranny wierd. Bottom line not safe or reliable. Software updates dont wrk.Is a lemon. Giving back. Had enough!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fun

JohnKeith, 05/11/2006

I have had this car now for 2 years and it has a little over 33,000 miles. So, I feel comfortable to finally give my review. It has been a great car and VERY reliable. I traded my 2003 Accord in for it...and never looked back. The only thing I wish, I would have gotten the T5

51050