Used 2004 Volvo S40 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used S40 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Fun and comfort rolled into one!

brandonpaz, 07/17/2004

I have had this car for about a week now and I love it! It is fun to drive meets comfort. My boss has been really happy because I am finally getting to work on time. I wake up before my alarm goes off because I am so excited to wake up and drive to work. She handles and corners like a dream, yet I still get all the luxury features that I want! I was originally looking at a honda accord v6, BMW 3 series, Acura RSX. It finally came down to I was the most comfortable in the Volvo and it was the best bang for my buck, 27k included the T5 with premium, audio, climate, and sports package.

AWESOME CAR

s40t5, 07/16/2004

I just recently recieved the s4o t5 for my highschool graduation... its def. well worth the little bit of money and its an awesome car to drive!

More Bang Less Buck

rcnst, 07/20/2004

I dare you to test drive this car. You will be astounded and amazed. I was. I mean after all, it's a Volvo. The brand's not exactly the spicest salsa on the shelf. Yet, this car has the horsepower and acceleration of a BMW 330 and A4 3.0 for thousands less. The interior is innovative and clean, while torque steer is negligble. And during the winter months you'll laugh at all those "rear wheel drive" snobs stuck in a snow bank. The brakes are sure stopping, and it's safer than a pillow. My wife's a little speed demon who loves this ride and the times are few and fortunate when I can take this baby for a spin.

bummer

hazeleyez68, 07/22/2004

has anyone else had major problems with their s40? from the AC to the radio antenna to the trunk lock....??

Good Golly Miss Molly

Lance , 07/15/2004

Just purchased the T5 for my wife who initially wanted the 2.4i, however after test driving the T5, took me no effort to sell her on it. Dollar for dollar, far superior than BMW 3 series, and AUDI A4. Classy and sporty design inside and out. So far, no complaints just reassurance that we made the right decision. Car gets better everyday.

I Love the Volvo S40.5

WFrankel, 07/22/2004

After owning a 1986 Volvo 740 for 14 years, I drove a Ford Taurus for another 7. There is nothing like getting back into a Volvo, especially the S40.5. It may be smaller than a typical Volvo, but it is an awesome piece of machinery.

What a ride!

dargorilla, 07/28/2004

I just got my new T5 two weeks ago, and I have to say that this is one serious automobile. The acceleration numbers that you read in the magazines (0-60 in 6.5 secs) just do not do this car justice, and cannot covey the feeling of doing 35mph, putting your right foot on the floor, and watching 70 come up before you can even take a breath. The ride and steering with the sport suspension feels stable even at ridiculous speeds through twisting turns. The seats are comfortable and supportive, and the interior is stylish, and inviting. This is the perfect car for those of us that do not want to sacrifice performance, but need to haul around the rug rats.

Good Deal and unique

jonR, 07/28/2004

Just bought the car yesterday for about 1100 under invoice. We had a sudden need for another car and wanted something economical that still had a little panache. Looked at Hondas, Toyotas, et cetera. We've had a couple of BMWs including a competing 3 series. I don't really expect the same level of performance, comfort, or resale but the Volvo was about $10K less and I just think it has cool - unique (perhaps a little quirky) styling. I am expecting to like it very much and give it to my 13 year old daughter in a few years. jr

love my new car

gopanthers, 07/29/2004

I didn't get the turbo because I didn't need the extra speed. So far I love the new body style and I feel very safe in it. It's a safe car which looks classy yet doesn't look like an older person's car. The service at Warren Henry in Miami was amazing and they beat out the best price any where else. It's a car that I can invision placing my future kids in and yet not make me feel like I had to sacrifice a youthful car.

s40 t5

jeff50, 07/31/2004

fun to drive,quick, stylish, great seats , comfortable, great sound system, lots of saftey features

51050