Used 2004 Volvo S40 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used S40 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Best damn car report

Mitja, 06/23/2004

Fast sleek and sexy. She handles and keeps up with the rest of them. An investment worth taking. Would never buy another car brand again.

Just love them Swedes

Brian Brodowsky, 06/26/2004

I have had this vehicle for a few months. I have driven a 3 series BMW in the past and it is very comprible to both the look/sleekness and the ride. The appointments on the interior are beautiful...sleek new dash, greatleather seating,overall controls. The interior is so well made and not cheesy at all. What a hot car

Overall great vehicle

Buzz Archer, 06/29/2004

The best bang for the buck. After looking at the 2004 A4 and the C230, this was the best car to drive. Not only does it have a great price, but the safety features and basic accessories make this car a 'must' to at least test drive.

BEST PICK CAR OF 2004

Robert Molinar, 07/07/2004

I have recently purchased my 2004.5 Volvo T5 and it was the best choice I could have made. This car amazes me everyday I insert the nifty key fob and start that 2.5L turbo engine. I would and have recommended this car to many other people and ones that have had the chance to drive mine have said they would DEFINATELY consider buying a volvo for their next car.

GET THIS CAR!

b thomas, 07/08/2004

I purchased the new 2004.5 Volvo S40 over the Memorial Day weekend. I must say-- I LOVE THIS CAR! The new design is much sportier than the old S40. My friends couldn't believe that this was a Volvo! It handles well, and the interior is so sleek! If you're gonna get this car-- definitely opt for the Sport Package w/ leather interior and moonroof. fuel economy is about 24 city / 30 hwy

awesome

hdmanager, 07/10/2004

2nd time for S-40. Love the comfort and driveability. Great ride on the highway and fuel economy is there. Rims get dirty very quickly and detracts from appearance. Would buy another.

amazing car amazing value

richkm, 07/10/2004

Fun to drive, easy to use controls, comfort, luxury, performance, it has it all. Rockin stereo has changer in dash, all changers should be in dash. Trunk, under seat, and glove box mounted changers are antiquated. I have had cars that claimed to be sports cars that cost twice as much and did not perform as well as this car, nor were they put together as well. These new volvos are something to get excited about. Everyone should look at these before they buy anything else.

My First Sports Sedan And I Love It

h5863emtmatt, 07/12/2004

The T5 is fast and handles great. It sticks to the road and is responsive. Alpine White and the fresh design is a head-turner. You get a lot more car for your money compared to Audi and BMW's low end models. I have had this car for a month and am one of three who own one in San Diego. Get the Sport Package!

Couldn't Be Happier!

Doonie, 07/13/2004

I purchased my S40 T5 about a month ago and I've loved every mile so far. It's fast, responsive, comfortable, and feels very solid and safe. A great value for the price. I find myself using any excuse to go drive it. I think the S40 will make me a Volvo driver for life!

Awesome Car at a Great Price

James Powers, 07/16/2004

I have the 2004.5 S40 2.4i with Premium Package/Sound, Convenience. I chose the 2.4i because I didn't feel the T5 was $3K faster, meaning the 2.4i has some good enough zip for me. As most others have written, you are saving quite a few bucks when choosing the S40 over the TSX, A4 or C230. I came down to the Acura TSX and the S40. I paid about $2K less, understanding the great reliability history of Acura. At the end of the day I felt Acura is a small Accord with a sport package. As for the A4 and C230, both were great cars but were about $5K more. I would not have considered the old S40 nor the current S60, but the new 2004.5 S40) is a solid car!

51050