Used 2004 Volvo S40 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used S40 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Best in it class

keith H, 05/26/2004

We were thinking of buying a Audi A41.8T but after test driving and see the new Volvo 2004.5 S40. we like it more. Plus, it was a better vaule for the money. We were able to get it under invoice. It a great car. You should test drive it to see it for yourself.

Awesome!

incabod, 05/28/2004

This car is awesome! The handling is precise, the car is quiet but, poweful enough for any situation.

Wow What a Car!!

Nick Grice, 05/27/2004

This is a really nice car. I just went to college and finished my first. It was a present from my parents and I love evey inch of this car. Its fast, good-looking, and I've had excellent dealer service.

Great Re-Design!

Shrop, 06/01/2004

Excellent exterior and interior redesign. Center console looks like a B&O design - very cool! Excellent exterior paint, & interior fit & finish. Very quiet ride, firm but, not too firm of ride, excellent fuel economy, good handling and great brakes. Compared to other Euro cars, a very good value @ $25K +. So far, we really enjoy this Volvo (our last one was a 740 wagon).

T5 S40

jdhawes, 06/07/2004

I just picked mine up a couple days ago, after waiting 5 months.... There was a production delay for those ordering the Sports Pkg. I must say the wait was well worth it! I drove the G35(great Car), Acura TL, BMW 325, and decided to go with my first choice. The car is amazing looking, very sporty. The T5 engine is very responsive and I can not feel any torque str at all.

wow

wilfork, 06/12/2004

I test drove the Audi a4, BMW 3 series, Acura TL, and Saab, but this car had by far the most bang for the buck. Amazing handling, nice pickup and a beautiful new body. I can't imagine getting this much car for this low of a price.

david047, 06/13/2004

Had the car less than 2 days and Volvo still can't figure out what is wrong with this thing. This is my second Volvo , 850 turbo was the first, a better car but Ford didn't own them then. They are currently replacing the whole emission system. At least the dealer Buys back or replaces which is where I am at the moment.

A miniature tank!

hagimihale, 06/16/2004

My fiancee bought the loaded showroom model (only missing item is Xenon headlights) for $25k. Solid car with the best seats ever!! OK low-end power, but passing ability on the highway is impressive. Comfortable on long trips and stable at high (75-90) speeds. Great ergonomics and a good sound system. Constantly gets compliments – most people think it’s a $40,000+ car. She test drove the BMW, Audi A4, Nissan (Maxima and Altima), Mercedes C230 (which was the winner until she drove the Volvo), etc. Of course the safety aspect lets me sleep at night – the pillars are thicker than a bodybuilder’s legs!

AWESOME

sensabmc, 06/18/2004

They say that you will know good art when you see it. When I saw this car for the first time, I knew I was looing at something special. The design of this car makes a statement and is unlike anything else on the road. Definately fun to drive and turns heads no matter where you go.

2004.5 T5

bharkins, 06/21/2004

I haven't had this car for very long, but I love it. It's a really smooth and responsive ride. I got the sports package and the premium sound and I'm really glad I got both. In particular, I find the aluminum to look much better than the fake wood. While there are a number of little things I'd like to see added in this car, they are little. Overall, I'm really impressed.

51050